Calls for Obama's Resignation

DeletedUser

You may have missed the part where i said, "my point being..."

DeletedUser14366

Guys/Gals
First, let me say that I apologize for saying anything which offended any of you on a personal level. My intent was not to be malicious towards anybody here.
Just for clarification, I did not call anyone stupid or uneducated, nor did I say I was going to educate anybody in anything. What I did say, was that it was not my job to educate you. It seems that was taken personally. Sorry.
I stated that I was not an american. Not to cop out of anything, but to tell you I realize that what your country does is not my business. If some one would have said "shut the 'ell up, you don't even live here, you don't have a clue what you are talking about, mind your own business!", I could have understood that and known where you were coming from.
I really did think that I was within the bounds of this "debates" subject matter. I made my post, when asked for sources, I gave lots of them. You attacked my sources, so I came back with lots more. Out of this whole thing, only HS gave me one link to back up his debunking of my position. The rest was just, you're racist, you're wrong, do more research etc. No facts or sources. I felt that was wrong. You had the opportunity to educate me and show me why I was wrong, but none of you chose to do that.
Please don't turn that paragraph into an attack against any of you, it sincerely is not.
I chose to voluntarily remove my posts from the thread after Denisero told me my opinions were not welcome here, not even 30 seconds after my posting them. That decision was made, I believe, based purely on personal emotion, not because she checked my numerous sources to see if they contained fact or not. That is all, that is why I removed them. If nobody is interested in what you are selling, you don't leave it behind in their house, you take it with you. Poor analogy, I know, but I'm sure you get the point.
This is your forum, you made it whatever it is. I am just a visitor. I came here to play a game. I started coming into your forum to pass the down time. My intention was not to incite a riot, but just to meet some of the people I was playing with, no more, no less.
I can understand that you do not want my participation here, that being stated in the thread, I will bow out of your little click and leave you be.
If you continue to make me out as a goof just because you do not have the same point of view as me, I will post again to defend my person. I would feel obligated to do so. Other than that, I will honor your wish to stay off your forum.
Sorry we could not be friends guys/gals, sometimes it just happens that way. No hard feelings on my behalf.
Take care.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Where you said "my point being" has no relevance to what I said.

DeletedUser

I told you that as a player, not as a mod. Please correct your statement. I have no control over this section of the forum nor would I post a personal opinion about anything in this section of the forum as a "mod".

DeletedUser14366

Fair enough Denisero. I will alter my post to correct that for you. I interpreted that as a mod speaking or I would have read it as a flame. A thousand pardons

DeletedUser

AoS, I could have provided a ton of links to a variety of things, related or otherwise. But, as you were the one making the claims, it fell upon you to provide the evidence.

I provided one link which soundly trumped a handful of your claims. I corrected you on just about everything else you presented, without having the need to provide links. Links are provided as substantiation, not as honor badges.

AoS, when someone makes claims, they substantiate those claims with reliable sources, of which you failed to do. Some of the information you linked to did not substantiate your claims, and in fact bunked your claims. So, really, it's not anything more than the usual person claiming, "i'm oppressed, I'm oppressed" merely because he's unable to give credibility to the claims posed.

Look, in an audience of idiots, in a classrom of uneducated teenyboppers, you could run and make the claims you did, and you'll likely not get much resistence. Why? Because they don't know any better, or don't know how to research to determine the invalidity of your claims. Problem for you here, is that there are a good handful of people that are educated and/or skilled at researching material.

We called you on your comments, and now you're tasked with the same task as before, substantiate your claims, or step off.

Now, if you're going to pull the "oh they hate me" line as your means to step off, then fine... but I would prefer a more honest statement, something along the lines of, "I don't know what i'm talking about, so that's why i'm not going to provide rebuttal."

So, AoS, can you do that for us? Can yo step off honestly, or can you substantiate your earlier claims? Not just a select few, but all your claims...

DeletedUser

Hellstromm said:
This is just a blatant, bold-faced lie. Obama did not have his records sealed. All U.S. birth certificates are protected under the law, inaccessible to the general public, the media, or anyone except the person whom the birth certificate belongs to, or their next of kin should that person pass away, and/or a court order.

Nonetheless, Obama's birth certificate was provided --- http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

Is it not a well known fact that Governor Linda Lingle of Hawaii has placed Barrack Obama's birth certificate under seal and instructed the state's Department of Health to make sure no one in the press obtains access to the original document under any circumstances? That's yesterday's newspaper, baby. Furthermore, Obama apparently posted his "original birth certificate" on his own website, but when asked to produce the physical hard copy, he refused to. Why? If the world has already seen it, courtesty of your own website, what's the problem, Mr. Obama? Despite lawsuits in several states, all of which could have been obviated by the release of his birth records, Obama refused to release them. That suggests that he has something to hide. You can post anything on a website, but if you then refuse to produce hard evidence, something's wrong.

Hellstromm said:
As George already indicated, these were civil charges, not criminal charges. As it stands, it was one person's claims, which turned out to be unsubstantiated.

In the words of someone I know: "Your information is incorrect. Please research this further."
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/29/protecting-black-panthers/

Hellstromm said:
Also, I find it absolutely outrageous anyone is making a stink about the Obamas going to an Opera house when the last presiding President, the illustrious George W. Bush, spent over one-third (1/3) (of his entire two terms in office) on vacation!

That's almost 3 years out of his 8 years in office. How many tax payer dollars do you think he squandered?

Let me quote a hard-working man: "Lets do some math. I took about 834 days off in the last 8 years for weekends. Then there was 11 payed holidays per year and 10 vacation days per year and 10 sick days per year for a total of 31 days a year or 248 days every 8 years. This comes to 1082 days not working in the last 8 years or almost 3 years. Based on the above, I do not think 3 years off every 8 years is exceptional for the average worker."

Hellstromm said:
Again, provide evidence. I can tell you right now, this is just plain rubbush.
Ever heard of the Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education Act, Hellstromm? Sort of reminds me of Hitler's Youth.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-1388

Hellstromm said:
Nice cop-out, now provide the evidence.
You're whole post is evidence enough that you don't want to learn.

///// WARNING ///// SARCASM /////

DeletedUser

...That suggests that he has something to hide.
It might "suggest" that to some people, but it doesn't prove anything at all. He can have a dozen reasons not to show the documents.

Let me quote a hard-working man: "Lets do some math. I took about 834 days off in the last 8 years for weekends. Then there was 11 payed holidays per year and 10 vacation days per year and 10 sick days per year for a total of 31 days a year or 248 days every 8 years. This comes to 1082 days not working in the last 8 years or almost 3 years. Based on the above, I do not think 3 years off every 8 years is exceptional for the average worker."
Machinery in factories might stop at weekends and holidays, politics however don't.

Ever heard of the Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education Act, Hellstromm? Sort of reminds me of Hitler's Youth.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-1388
Which part exactly reminds you of Hitler's Youth? Where does it read that children shall be prepared for war by playing games, that need a sense for tactics, teamwork and resistance against natural conditions outside?

DeletedUser

In the words of someone I know: "Your information is incorrect. Please research this further."
http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/electionlaw/litigation/documents/BlackPanther-Complaint-1-7-09.pdf
As you can see it was a civil case, also all the evidence against them was in the form of one video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU
And the word of the guy with the camera phone.
Your information (an editorial, seriously!) is a little less convincing than these articles, which were originally posted here by AoS.
Edit: Here is what happened when the police showed up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFOKnJ0oXYY&feature=response_watch

DeletedUser

Obama apparently posted his "original birth certificate" on his own website, but when asked to produce the physical hard copy, he refused to.
Another demonstration of selective ignorance. Obama's birth certificate was readily available and accessible at the Obama Headquarters, in Chicago, during his candidacy. Click on that link I provided and review the document, which was physically handled, touched, and photographed. Obama's birth certificate was authenticated by the Hawaii State Health Director, Dr. Chiyome Fukino and examined by experts.

Is it not a well known fact that Governor Linda Lingle of Hawaii has placed Barrack Obama's birth certificate under seal and instructed the state's Department of Health to make sure no one in the press obtains access to the original document under any circumstances?
It's not a well-known fact because it's just outright false. Did you even bother to look at that link I provided, or read what I wrote?

Here's that link again --- http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

The press is not allowed to obtain a copy of the birth certificate, OF ANYONE (and that includes the Press)! Birth certificates can only be "legally" obtained by family, by immediate relatives. Again, click on that link and review the document.

You really should be careful about where you get your information from. The Washington Times is not the Washington Post and was founded in 1982 by the Unification Church's founder Sun Myung Moon. The Times is known for its conservative stance on political and social issues and is generally regarded as no more than a "blog" on print.

Virginia, reread that article, and then catch those comments that clearly demonstrate it to be non-news in presentation. Things like, "it's shocking" and "that's crazy." Comments made by the author of that article. And last, notice how there is "no author." Any journalist worth his salt would take credit for any article he wrote.

And no, neither I nor George were incorrect. It was a civil suit, with one biased witness. Oh, and in that article Bartle Bull is being touted as a witness, but he wasn't there.

Finally, if a criminal charge is ever tossed on them, I'll examine this elsewise. Until then, it's just a utube video showing nothing untoward and the claim of "one man" that more occurred.

Let me quote a hard-working man: "This comes to 1082 days not working in the last 8 years or almost 3 years. Based on the above, I do not think 3 years off every 8 years is exceptional for the average worker."
It is grossly atypical for a U.S. President, especially considering the times in which he was termed. The position of U.S. President, the leading of this nation, is not a 9-to-5 job, and comparing it to such does it a great disservice. Which, of course, is exactly what George W. Bush, the alleged hard-working man, did --- i.e., a great disservice.

Ever heard of the Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education Act, Hellstromm? Sort of reminds me of Hitler's Youth. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-1388
Yep, and it's patently obvious you never read it. The act was amended and made into law. But, more to the point, nothing in there falls inline with your claim of "Hitler's Youth," once against attesting to your laziness in researching the emails you get.

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/is_congress_creating_a_mandatory_public_service.html

You're whole post is evidence enough that you don't want to learn.
Your whole post is evidence that you failed to even try to learn.

Now, would you like to play again, or shall I taunt you a second time'a?

I do think it's funny how AoS was making a stink about a false claim of Obama preventing Arnold Schwarzenegger from running for U.S. President, when Arnold is not even U.S. Born, and then you and he turning about and making a stink about Obama not being U.S. born, when it has been readily proven that he is.

Oh, and here --- the rules for obtaining a Hawaiian's birth certificate: http://hawaii.gov/health/vital-records/vital-records/elig_vrcc.html

This took me just minutes to look up. Researching isn't hard, it just requires effort.

DeletedUser

Good posts. And, yes, I'll play with you again. Your tone does not daunt me. However, I have to head out at the moment, and I work all weekend - so don't take it wrongly if I don't respond until Monday.

taunt 1 (tônt)
tr.v. taunt·ed, taunt·ing, taunts
1. To reproach in a mocking, insulting, or contemptuous manner. See Synonyms at ridicule.
2. To drive or incite (a person) by taunting.
n.
A scornful remark or tirade; a jeer.

Please, Hellstromm, I really enjoy debating with you. Let's keep it that way. ;-)

DeletedUser

No offense Divest, but don't you think you should encourage Virginia to continue to make herself look silly?

*wink*

DeletedUser

I'm not sure why I would if only to encourage discussion. Perhaps you two have a thing. I could see that. Maybe you should keep your woman under a leash and not beat her in public, Hellstromm!

DeletedUser

You're right. You should be able to beat your property wherever you see fit. My apologies.

DeletedUser

Reality check. Even if 99% of Americans signed a petition for Obama's resignation, he will never do it. After all, when was the last time you saw a governmental policy driven by the American majority?

DeletedUser

Reality check: That isn't the way things work. If he had a 99% disapproval rate, he would definitely be relieved of his post. That being said, he currently has a 60% approval rate (roughly and depending on which news source you quote. Rush, for example, would conclude that he had a -50% approval rate). I am one of those 60%.

DeletedUser

I'm a little disconcerted by a few things Obama has flipped on, but he has otherwise done a rather good job considering the limited time frame for which we can judge him.

DeletedUser

My thinking is at least he's sticking with what he said he was going to do. At the very least, that's the step in the right direction.

DeletedUser

You didn't address the issue Divest. While his approval rating is at 60%, many of his policies have droped below 50%, and there is no hesitation in continuing them, even after members of his own party have told him to slow down. If we are going on approval ratings, then his wife should be president.