Building a mosque near 9/11 site

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

i beleive teh view is simply like this IF a radical christian group bombed an abortion clinic ( i use this example because its rare but it has happened even though there acctions are not that of the general chrisitan comunity ) and then a chruch wanted to build a church at the site of the bombing most people would consider it rather insensitive and most churches wouldnt build there if they were asked not to

Not if, radical 'Christians' have done this before.
Two, wanna bet that there isn't a Church near those sites?
Three, can you honestly see the media getting hyped up over the building of a Church, no matter the location? Cause I can't.

lspiderl said:
the simple fact is that its jstu as easy ffor tehm to build it a few blocks further out
theres no reason it HAS to be at this site yes theres a mosque near ther ealready ( all the more reason this ones not needed btw) but it was there before 9/11

The simple fact is, you don't understand their intentions.
They want it to be near Ground Zero for an obvious reason. I explained it in another post: Terrorists, who claim to be Muslims, and to be defenders of Islam, go and bomb the World Trade Center. Then near the site of the bombing, their 'fellow' Muslims, denounce their actions, and teach another side to the religion. Maybe it's just me, but I'd think this would piss off those radicals, and feel like they're not appreciated, and what they did was for nothing. This whole organization is supposed to be anti-extremist, they're sending a message to extremists that they don't condone their actions, and to us that not all Muslims are terrorists.

That one Mosque is supposed to accommodate the large population of Muslims within the area? I can pull up stories of people creating 'mosques' within their basements, just to pray because there is limited room within that Mosque. So clearly, a new, bigger 'mosque' is needed.

Oh, good you understand the fact that the other mosque was there pre-9/11. Do you understand the fact that many Muslims lived in the area pre-9/11. And deserve more than their basements, and an overcrowded Mosque to pray in?
Probably not.

Elisabeth Ramsey said:
(By the way I don't know anything about Islamic community in America. And who is building this mosque?)

In my opinion, I wouldn't say the Islamic community is 'strong' within America. Nor is it highly thought-of by most Americans. But Islam has been increasing in numbers within America.

Imam Rauf, of the Cordoba Initiative is behind the building of the Mosque. Many people label him as anti-American, and as a supporter of terrorism, but if you'd read up on him, you'd most likely disagree.

Elisabeth Ramsey said:
And I think most Americans wouldn't be angry if a church is built here. What's the difference?

Because most Americans credit all of Islam with being terrorists. And since Christians didn't 'cause' this, then they're not at fault. It's a good point though, I'll offer some questions, spun around on it:

Why are Churches allowed to be built in school-zones, or anywhere that is associated with children, such as a playground? I mean, there's plenty of Catholic priests associated, or convicted of raping children. Therefore all priests in Catholicism/Christianity must be a bunch of rapists huh?

Why are Japanese people able to build shrines/community centers, and whatnot near Pearl Harbor? I mean, the Japanese bombed us, therefore all people from Japan are terrorists right?

There's plenty of more examples that I can apply. Most people don't care about the above questions, but they're quick to judge Islam as a bunch of terrorists, who shouldn't be allowed to build a 'mosque'. Note: This Mosque, isn't actually a mosque. It's a community center which includes a Mosque, and a Church.

Elisabeth Ramsey said:
And think about that; there is a great doubt to America in Middle-East countries. This mosque may help people to overcome this. Because it's really a great sign of tolerance and People who like me will know that American people don't look all of us as terrorists. Anyways I will never go to this mosque, I am half a globe away from there. I don't really care where is it, just trying to understand what are the American people think.

I agree. I've never been in the Middle-East, but I can assume they think we think of them as a bunch of terrorists, and that we hate them. Is that the general assumption of we Americans? I'm pretty sure if we simply allowed the 'mosque', it would make people think better of us.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I heard that the building will be laid off due to Terry Jones making an agreement with the Imam about how he wont burn the Quaran if the mosque isn't built. Im probably sure the neither side is telling the truth, but I will say that the Quaran burning is much worse than the building of a mosque.

Burning a Quaran is about the same as burning the Bible. To have this pathetic piece of filth that calls himself a reverand think that it will solve any problems is laughable and pathetic. He's an embarassment to all Christians and I wonder why anyone would go to his church.

DeletedUser

I heard that the building will be laid off due to Terry Jones making an agreement with the Imam about how he wont burn the Quaran if the mosque isn't built. Im probably sure the neither side is telling the truth, but I will say that the Quaran burning is much worse than the building of a mosque.

Burning a Quaran is about the same as burning the Bible. To have this pathetic piece of filth that calls himself a reverand think that it will solve any problems is laughable and pathetic. He's an embarassment to all Christians and I wonder why anyone would go to his church.

the guys a tool but theres been dozens and dozens of cases all over the world of mulsims burning bibles and beheading chrisitans and barely a peep on it in the media

DeletedUser

Wow, you really do want a holy war, don't you?

There's incidents of violence/murder from Christians to other religions, there's incidents of violence/murder from most every religion directed at another religion. However, if you wear tinted lenses, I'm sure you'll see only what you want to see and, ultimately, two wrongs don't make a right. Your flippant comment above seems to suggest tit for tat.

DeletedUser

Wow, you really do want a holy war, don't you?

There's incidents of violence/murder from Christians to other religions, there's incidents of violence/murder from most every religion directed at another religion. However, if you wear tinted lenses, I'm sure you'll see only what you want to see and, ultimately, two wrongs don't make a right. Your flippant comment above seems to suggest tit for tat.

you counter yourself without even knowing it

one IF islam is as u claim a PEACEFUL religion burning a book or two would not incide a global war and killings

secondly one tool wants to burn them as a protest and while EVERYONE but his own moronic friends think hes a bag for dioning the fact is jstu like the mosque building and flag burning etc he HAS the right as an american citizen to do it hes jsut a dirt bag for wanting to

lastly my point was int he last 5 years alone theres been dozens of cases here and abroud of mulsims burning bibles in public protest not only did christians not start killing people in responce but he media barely even covered teh issue because its a non issue anyone can buy a bible or a koran and anyone can burn there personal property for a protest or jstu because they feel like it

hell every day thousands of americans ( mostly teenages) think its hilarious and roll joints in pages fromt eh bible , is it disrespectful ? sure , is it a reason to riot int he streets ? no thats absurd a book is a book as long as someones not destroying your personal copy then theres nothing to complain about

DeletedUser

Spider, honestly, you're just hate-mongering Muslims.Seriously, you're contributing nothing, but Hell's enjoyment.

Spider, so, if someone was insulting your Religion, wouldn't it be an insult? Terry Jones is insulting the Muslim Religion. You're statement about Teenagers is irrelavant. Who cares what Teenagers do, they're probaly Drunk & thinking they're "awesome".

Spider, you're contradicting yourself. No really, you are.

"secondly one tool wants to burn them as a protest and while EVERYONE but his own moronic friends think hes a bag for dioning the fact is jstu like the mosque building and flag burning etc he HAS the right as an american citizen to do it hes jsut a dirt bag for wanting to"

"lastly my point was int he last 5 years alone theres been dozens of cases here and abroud of mulsims burning bibles in public protest not only did christians not start killing people in responce but he media barely even covered teh issue because its a non issue anyone can buy a bible or a koran and anyone can burn there personal property for a protest or jstu because they feel like it"

You just contradicted yourself so many times in that Second Statement.

DeletedUser

Religion are used as tools!

Religions are not humans!
they can`t do anything by themselves! We are using them.It`s an old story...come on!
this is 21th century.
Don`t let Religions play with your brain.We are all humans! We decide to be good or bad,kill or give life,... not our Religions.if an American soldier kill a children it doesn`t mean Americans are wild animals killing children. Let`s think 9/11 was a crime by a terrorist organization which they were Muslims...so what? the fact is more than 3000 people are killed.3000 innocent people,fathers,mothers,... burned... white,black,... no difference.they were humans! Humanity is the best Religion!

DeletedUser12669

next thing somebody will try and build a mexican restaurant on the alamo or maybe a sushi restaurant at pearl harbour..the world is going crazy :eek:

DeletedUser

i contradicted nothing

your fully able to burn w/e you want , your perfectly allowed to find it offensive

what your not allowed to do is threaten to kill people over it

if someone burned a bible im sure christians ( of which IM NOT ONE and ive stated this clearly many times) im sure christians would find it offensive bu they wouldnt kill people over it

lastly this terry guy is a dirtbag not because he is burning korans but because of why he is doing it he is simply trying to promote his crappy book if he wants to protest the actions of 9/11 thats fine but he's using 9/11 and this incedent to boost his book sales

its funny how its all about freedoms with building the mosque even though 70 % or more of americans find it offensive but suddenly its NOT freedoms when a guy wants to burn korans in protest though you cant have it both ways

they have hte right to build the mosque we have the right to be offended and protest it

he has the right to burn korans anyone has the right to be offended and PROTEST ( note protest not threaten to kill people)

next thing somebody will try and build a mexican restaurant on the alamo or maybe a sushi restaurant at pearl harbour..the world is going crazy :eek:

a better example would be if someone build a japansese temple at pearl harbor

do they hav eht right to ? absoloutely , would it be a bag thing to do ? msot definately

DeletedUser

( of which IM NOT ONE and ive stated this clearly many times)

If you don't mind me asking, then what are you?
You spend a lot of time defending Christianity.
You spend a lot of time defending ideas promoted by Christianity.

its funny how its all about freedoms with building the mosque even though 70 % or more of americans find it offensive but suddenly its NOT freedoms when a guy wants to burn korans in protest though you cant have it both ways
Nobody has said anything about him not having the right to burn the Koran.

a better example would be if someone build a japansese temple at pearl harbor
do they hav eht right to ? absoloutely , would it be a bag thing to do ? msot definately
There's actually Shinto/Buddhist shrines throughout Honolulu, where Pearl Harbor is. As well as Japanese community centers...

lastly my point was int he last 5 years alone theres been dozens of cases here and abroud of mulsims burning bibles in public protest not only did christians not start killing people in responce but he media barely even covered teh issue because its a non issue anyone can buy a bible or a koran and anyone can burn there personal property for a protest or jstu because they feel like it
Link? And please don't provide the argument OH NO U GET SOME LINKS@!! Cause you've done it to me before.. And basically everything I state is common knowledge if you actually follow the issue well. And because I can provide links for basically everything I've said within this topic. You however, just spew random words, which nobody has ever heard about.

On another note, people, both Muslims and Christians have killed for less more than burning holy books. Both of them have killed for simply not complying with what their books say...

DeletedUser

If you don't mind me asking, then what are you?
You spend a lot of time defending Christianity.
You spend a lot of time defending ideas promoted by Christianity.

Nobody has said anything about him not having the right to burn the Koran.

There's actually Shinto/Buddhist shrines throughout Honolulu, where Pearl Harbor is. As well as Japanese community centers...

Link? And please don't provide the argument OH NO U GET SOME LINKS@!! Cause you've done it to me before.. And basically everything I state is common knowledge if you actually follow the issue well. And because I can provide links for basically everything I've said within this topic. You however, just spew random words, which nobody has ever heard about.

On another note, people, both Muslims and Christians have killed for less more than burning holy books. Both of them have killed for simply not complying with what their books say...
a simple google search of mulsims burn bible will pull up page after page after page of stories stop being lazy and search yourself

and ive clearly stated my beleifs in many debates and discusions agian do a little reading and never assume

DeletedUser

It was, in a way, inspired by Japanese hyper-nationalism which was intertwined with Japanese Shintoism, as the emperor was considered a god.

Those who oppose the mosque say that it is a symbolic surrender to the muslim extremists. Wouldn't you say, then, that the Japanese Cultural Center is a symbolic surrender to the Japanese bombers? Yet you don't seem to have a problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.