Building a mosque near 9/11 site

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

And all of Iran must be a bunch of extremists? Gotcha.

um yes its considered one of the most heavily extremist major countries int eh world

its leader publicaly states frequently that isreal should be wiped off the map so YES iran is primairly extreemists

DeletedUser

um yes its considered one of the most heavily extremist major countries int eh world

its leader publicaly states frequently that isreal should be wiped off the map so YES iran is primairly extreemists

Considering their current leader's re-election was heavily protested, and controversy surrounds him from outside and within the country, I wouldn't reflect ALL of Iran on Ahmadinejad.

Once again, just because a small percentage of a group in your mind are 'extremists'; doesn't mean the whole group is. How many times do you have to be told until you understand?

By the way, in regards to your other post. I fail to see how Imam Rauf stopping within Iran means he'll get support from extremists. He's speaking AGAINST extremists, and is promoting peace. I can see him stopping in many Islamic countries, for obvious reasons; and countries that aren't very peaceful, also for obvious reasons.

DeletedUser

rofl this conversation is pointless as youve apperntly drank soo much of the koolaid your vision is red and blinded you to the most obvious observations that anyone with a clue can see

(and i want to clarify that thats not ment as an insult or with malaice its simply that your sooooooo determined to prove that your right that you will not in your own mind even QUESTION that your ideal MAY be wrong and that this MAY be bein done by a person with ill intentions etc etc
im always willing to consider that i may be wrong but i point out the scary posiblities so that as they say i HOPE for the best but PREPARE for the worst)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Heres a posting that i found elsewhere that i find interesting , make of it what you will but it makes a few points that are best adressed by me reposting rathern than simply trying to paraphrase

"
Dear Fellow American,
Are we really going to allow radical Islamists to put up a temple of victory...
...a 13-story MEGA-MOSQUE...
...at Ground Zero in New York City?
http://p2tre.emv3.com/HS?a=DNX7Cql7HX6L8SA9MKJMZErnGHxKLKL6HAzTI cannot say it any better than Christina Regenhard, who lost her brother during the 9/11 terrorist attack on New York City.
“My brother’s remains were never found.
He was killed by Islamists and now they want to build a mosque on his grave.
Their victory will be complete.”
Indeed. Their victory will be complete!
Let me tell you what’s REALLY going on here.
Two Muslim organizations have come together to build a 13-story mega-mosque just two blocks from the former World Trade Centers in lower Manhattan.
They have purchased the old Burlington Coat Factory store. This store is so close to Ground Zero...
...that it was actually damaged when a landing gear from one of the planes tore through the building! It has been vacant ever since, until now!
Last year, two Muslim groups came together and bought the building for $4.9 million in CASH.
Now they want to tear it down and...get this...
...begin construction of a 13-story mega-mosque...
(are you ready for this?)
...on September 11, 2011!
That’s exactly 10 years after nineteen Islamic hijackers flew two planes into the World Trade Centers which MURDERED, BURNED, CRUSHED and INCINERATED 3,000 innocent men, women and children.
Words cannot describe the anger I feel.
These Muslims want to CELEBRATE the slaughter of Americans. They want to erect a 13-Story Mosque as a symbol of their victory! Yes...they want to MARK Ground Zero as conquered territory for Islam!
My friend, this is nothing new. Nothing new at all!
The religion of Islam always erects a mosque as a symbol of victory when it conquers a territory. Think I’m exaggerating?
The name of one of the Muslim groups building the Ground Zero mega-mosque is called the Cordova Initiative.
It is called the Cordova Initiative because it represents the victory Islam had over Spain...you got it...in the city of Cordova in the year 711. And there’s no question the head of the Cordova Initiative, Feisal Rauf, hates Americans!
Just after the World Trade Center attacks, Mr. Rauf said America got what it deserved. He even blamed Christians for starting mass attacks against innocent civilians!
“It was Christians in World War II who bombed civilians in Dresden and Hiroshima, neither of which were military targets,” Rauf says.
During a speech in Australia, Mr. Rauf said the United States must acknowledge the harm they’ve done to Muslims before Islamic terrorism can end.
And this guy...
...wants to erect a 13-story Mega-Mosque over the graves of 3,000 Americans who died on September 11, 2001. And he wants to begin construction on this Islamic temple of VICTORY on the Ten-Year Anniversary of these brutal attacks."

DeletedUser

"Dear Fellow American,
Are we really going to allow radical Islamists to put up a temple of victory...
...a 13-story MEGA-MOSQUE...
...at Ground Zero in New York City?

One, not radical.
Two, HUGE assumption.
Three, yes we are.

I cannot say it any better than Christina Regenhard, who lost her brother during the 9/11 terrorist attack on New York City.
“My brother’s remains were never found.
He was killed by Islamists and now they want to build a mosque on his grave.
Their victory will be complete.”
Indeed. Their victory will be complete!
Their victory will be complete? Let me explain this whole concept to you.

Do you know what happens to a little animal when it gets cornered? They attack the crap out of whatevers cornering them. By denying Muslims their basic rights, wouldn't you think you're helping the Taliban/Al-Qaeda? You're cornering them, not giving them their rights, so what do they do? Accept it? Debate it and be ignored? Or become radicals, and fight back? And what has America's media, and public been doing? Oh, ignoring their rights, ignoring their pleas, and harassing them?

Denying them their rights is like telling them to go be radicals. So if you're going to discuss 'victory', discuss how we're giving the Taliban and Al-Qaeda more recruits by making such a huge controversy about a basic right these people have. So thanks to the American media, and the ignorant American public a much bigger problem has started.

Two Muslim organizations have come together to build a 13-story mega-mosque just two blocks from the former World Trade Centers in lower Manhattan.
They have purchased the old Burlington Coat Factory store. This store is so close to Ground Zero...
...that it was actually damaged when a landing gear from one of the planes tore through the building! It has been vacant ever since, until now!
Last year, two Muslim groups came together and bought the building for $4.9 million in CASH.
Now they want to tear it down and...get this...
...begin construction of a 13-story mega-mosque...
(are you ready for this?)
...on September 11, 2011!
That’s exactly 10 years after nineteen Islamic hijackers flew two planes into the World Trade Centers which MURDERED, BURNED, CRUSHED and INCINERATED 3,000 innocent men, women and children.
The point? So Muslims aren't allowed to go out and purchase a building, cause a bunch of people are ignorant and sensitive?

One, technically; the place they're building isn't a Mosque. It's more of a community center, but whatever. Two, who cares about whether they were Islamic? Does that mean ALL Islamic people are terrorists? No.

Words cannot describe the anger I feel.
Once again, this man is highly sensitive, and ignorant.

These Muslims want to CELEBRATE the slaughter of Americans. They want to erect a 13-Story Mosque as a symbol of their victory! Yes...they want to MARK Ground Zero as conquered territory for Islam!
My friend, this is nothing new. Nothing new at all!
The religion of Islam always erects a mosque as a symbol of victory when it conquers a territory. Think I’m exaggerating?
The name of one of the Muslim groups building the Ground Zero mega-mosque is called the Cordova Initiative.
It is called the Cordova Initiative because it represents the victory Islam had over Spain...you got it...in the city of Cordova in the year 711. And there’s no question the head of the Cordova Initiative, Feisal Rauf, hates Americans!
Just after the World Trade Center attacks, Mr. Rauf said America got what it deserved. He even blamed Christians for starting mass attacks against innocent civilians!
Celebrate? Nobody has spoken of celebration, rather the opposite.
Nothing new huh? Cause I'm pretty sure mostly ALL societies/religious factions/whatever have done the same. Christians forced their beliefs upon people once they conquered them. Muslims have done this too. So has every ruler after he's conquered a nation. BUT, once again; nobody has spoken of 'conquering' NY for the Muslims. Sorry if you're imagining things...

Tuttle explained Cordova. You can speculate that Cordova references to Muslims conquering Spain. Or you can go with the much more reasonable conclusion, of that during this time period; Muslims reached a peak. With a world-renowned school, and Muslims enjoying a high-time in their history. Perhaps this is just a reference to Rauf's mission of redeeming Islam's image, which is one of peace.

Unless links are provided with such quotes, I'll deny it. I know Rauf said that the USA was partly responsible for the 9/11 attacks, and we are. You just don't piss off someone and hope that everything will be alright.

“It was Christians in World War II who bombed civilians in Dresden and Hiroshima, neither of which were military targets,” Rauf says.
A largely Christian country, who's President was a Baptist.
According to you, a country is the same as it's leader.
According to you, if a small portion is guilty; then all are.

Good day sir.

During a speech in Australia, Mr. Rauf said the United States must acknowledge the harm they’ve done to Muslims before Islamic terrorism can end.
And this guy...
...wants to erect a 13-story Mega-Mosque over the graves of 3,000 Americans who died on September 11, 2001. And he wants to begin construction on this Islamic temple of VICTORY on the Ten-Year Anniversary of these brutal attacks."
And how is he wrong? The public consensus of Muslims is that they're all terrorists, and should be discriminated upon. Like I said earlier, keep harassing these people, and denying them their rights; and see how many Islamic terrorists we have in 10 years.

Repeated, already addressed this.

DeletedUser

rofl musliims ahve been doing this for THOUSANDS of years the us has been arond for a few hundred so to say tha the us has done all this to opperess the muslims is simply obsurd if thats the case then what was the excuse for the thousands of years beforehand

DeletedUser

rofl musliims ahve been doing this for THOUSANDS of years the us has been arond for a few hundred so to say tha the us has done all this to opperess the muslims is simply obsurd if thats the case then what was the excuse for the thousands of years beforehand

1400 years roughly, that's not thousand(S) but whatever.
Muslims have been somewhat thought down on, or oppressed since the origin of their religion. Now in a MODERN society, they're being denied their rights. The USA is contesting their right, and is basically scrapping the First Amendment, the key principle to our country. How isn't that oppression, and how wouldn't that make people pissed off? They're denied their rights, and being acted upon aggressively; in a society that supposed to be modern.

I also find it funny that your slandering Islam. When Christianity, and it's older cousin Judaism; has existed for roughly 5-6000 years, and has done much worse acts for the past 6000 years.... :no:

DeletedUser

1400 years roughly, that's not thousand(S) but whatever.
Muslims have been somewhat thought down on, or oppressed since the origin of their religion. Now in a MODERN society, they're being denied their rights. The USA is contesting their right, and is basically scrapping the First Amendment, the key principle to our country. How isn't that oppression, and how wouldn't that make people pissed off? They're denied their rights, and being acted upon aggressively; in a society that supposed to be modern.

I also find it funny that your slandering Islam. When Christianity, and it's older cousin Judaism; has existed for roughly 5-6000 years, and has done much worse acts for the past 6000 years.... :no:

muslims ahve more freedoms than christians int eh us your logic is completely flawed

a muslim will never be told tehy cant carry or read the koran in school or a goverment building yet many christians have been denyed this right

muslims havent been banned from prayign in school or government buildings yet many chrsitans have

a greek orthodox church was severaly damaged durrin the 9/11 attacks yet they have been repeatedly prevented from rebuilding and hit with red tape at EVERY step yet the building of this new mosque has been ramroaded through withouth even goin throught he standard publicworks processes

DeletedUser

muslims ahve more freedoms than christians int eh us your logic is completely flawed

Oh really? How so? I'm sure Christians make up the majority of the country, most of our previous Presidents have been Christians, and Christians go around preaching to everyone, and are able to do so much stuff like holding up signs saying that Soldiers dying in Iraq is God's way of punishing us.

Do you see Muslims doing the same? I'm sure they're the ones who've been discriminated heavily upon for the past 10+ years.

a muslim will never be told tehy cant carry or read the koran in school or a goverment building yet many christians have been denyed this right

Linky please?
I find it hard that people aren't allowed to read, nor carry a Bible to school. There are no laws stating otherwise. And I'm not too sure on what a Principal can do on such issues, he should be able to keep the peace, and if the Bible is causing such a commotion; then your going to have to comply. I also find it hard to believe you're unable to carry a Bible into a government building, since there are plenty of government buildings with Bible quotes etched into stone all over the place.

Also, what do you mean by 'read'? If it means preach, then there is a good reason. I've NEVER once seen a Muslim preach to anyone. Probably because my community is mostly Christian, but... I've seen PLENTY of Christians, especially Baptists going around and yelling at people telling them they're going to hell. If you're harassing someone, scaring little children, and causing a disturbance; then you should be denied this 'right.'

muslims havent been banned from prayign in school or government buildings yet many chrsitans have

Once again, linky.
People of ALL faiths aren't allowed to pray in schools. Unless this is being that the students VOLUNTEER to pray, like joining a Bible Club, or attending prayer. For if the majority of a classroom is Christian, and all start praying; then the Muslims/Hindus/Atheists on the side feel like they HAVE to pray, or that they're being neglected. Anyone can pray silently if they feel like it. And on a final note, if you're a single student; no matter your religion, you're unable to pray. Unless your school/teacher are a bunch of slackers, and allow you to interrupt everyone like that. And if a student felt like they were being neglected, and reported that principal/teacher; I'm sure some action against them would happen.

If you're referring to Glenn Beck whining about him not being able to pray at the Kennedy Center, you're not able to pray in a federally funded building without their permission. And Glenn Beck got permission after whining for awhile.

-----

You're presenting cases of Christians being denied, because Christians like to do this. I'm sure if Muslims did the same thing, they would receive the same result.

a greek orthodox church was severaly damaged durrin the 9/11 attacks yet they have been repeatedly prevented from rebuilding and hit with red tape at EVERY step yet the building of this new mosque has been ramroaded through withouth even goin throught he standard publicworks processes

Yeah, that happens when a Church is given a bigger location, is given $60,000,000, but STILL wants more money to build the Church.

DeletedUser

heres an idea show ME the link where im wrong and show ME the link where muslims are being denyed there rights

DeletedUser22575

heres an idea show ME the link where im wrong and show ME the link where muslims are being denyed there rights

This attempt to deny them the ability to build the mosque on property they own is denying them their rights. If it was a Christian religion building there no one would have said a word.

And their have been several links posted covering this.

Now you have been shown.

DeletedUser

This attempt to deny them the ability to build the mosque on property they own is denying them their rights. If it was a Christian religion building there no one would have said a word.

And their have been several links posted covering this.

Now you have been shown.

any and all buildings must be approved by the city council

the city council takes its ques fromt eh residents of the city

yet in this case the city council has gone out of its way to push passage of the mosque through despite the majority opposition to it soooooooooooooplainly and CLEARLY using this as an example is completely obsurd

people have a right to protest the building of the mosque jsut as much as they have the right to build it

sooooo agian i say show me the links or PROOF where muslims in the us are being denyed there rights

DeletedUser

Umm, you're wrong there buddy. The City Council is not allowed to violate the law by denying a religious institution the right to build in a particular area.

Perhaps it might help you to read the U.S. Constitution:
"Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
As there are other religious institutions in the immediate area, it would be beneficial to the other religious institutions to maintain proximity to the 9/11 site, whilst a Muslim institution is denied. Thus, even if the City Council members "wanted" to deny, local government's whims cannot override the U.S. Constitution. Any such effort would immediately be deemed unconstitutional and the city would be subject to severe fines/lawsuit, particularly if it is determined they acted with prejudice (which by the nature of the topic, that would be a given).

So, really, even if you want to argue whether they should or should not, it is irrelevant. If you respect the U.S. Constitution, if you respect the foundation of the United States, then you MUST respect the right of Muslims to build their religious institution, regardless of its proximity to the 9/11 site.

Btw, one more thing -- stop spreading that crap about how Muslims build upon their conquests. Not only is it internet fabrication, a distortion of history, but it completely ignores the actions of other religious groups and their "building" history. Seriously, I've proven you wrong on every claim you presented, yet you continue to repeat the same lies, falsehoods, fabrications. At what point are you going to accept that you're either wrong, or steadfastly prejudice?

DeletedUser

thats funny because the city council is prevetning the greek orthodix church damaged in 9/11 from rebuilding

and as for me spreading crap ive spread nothing only brought up an interesting article that had some points i thought worth discussing i neither suported or rejected it only felt it contained some interesing observations but you seem unable or unwilling to seperate the two

DeletedUser22575

thats funny because the city council is prevetning the greek orthodix church damaged in 9/11 from rebuilding

and as for me spreading crap ive spread nothing only brought up an interesting article that had some points i thought worth discussing i neither suported or rejected it only felt it contained some interesing observations but you seem unable or unwilling to seperate the two

You have consistently tried to spread crap and don't try and deny it, that boat is not going to sail.

As far as the Greek Orthodox church if you actually bothered to read...no one has denied them anything. It has become an issue over money...how much has been offered to help them rebuild and the fact they want more.

So they are not trying to use the Mosque as a publicity issue to get more money.

So once you get past the spin on this, as always its not what it seems to be..

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=38462

DeletedUser

by your very post you MISS the point where there being told they cant rebuild THERE church in there location and they cant build it as tall as it was before

DeletedUser22575

by your very post you MISS the point where there being told they cant rebuild THERE church in there location and they cant build it as tall as it was before

No

You miss the point. They have approval to build it where it was. But they don't want to build it there because they can't have an underground parking garage there.

They were offered another spot where they could build it..and millions to help. But they wanted even more..

DeletedUser

Like I said, the Port Authority offered that Church 60 MILLION dollars, and a BIGGER location to rebuild. After the Church requested MORE of PUBLIC money, the deals between the two went sour.
The 20,000,000 was initially for just rebuilding, and I believe the other 40 was for a explosion-proof foundation? Something like that, I'd have to read the story again.

Is that really necessary? Turn on your TV, that'd be sufficient enough for information.

DeletedUser

Like I said, the Port Authority offered that Church 60 MILLION dollars, and a BIGGER location to rebuild. After the Church requested MORE of PUBLIC money, the deals between the two went sour.
The 20,000,000 was initially for just rebuilding, and I believe the other 40 was for a explosion-proof foundation? Something like that, I'd have to read the story again.

Is that really necessary? Turn on your TV, that'd be sufficient enough for information.

yet another cop out the fact is muslims ARE NOT persecuted or denyed ANYTHING here and never have been

the only thing there NOT allowed is sharia law which VIOLATES US law by allowing honor killings and forced rape and other virtual slavery of women and many other abuses

Status
Not open for further replies.