Builders vs Workers

• Thread starter DeletedUser15302
  • Start date

DeletedUser15302

Just thought I might chime back in thanks for making that huge aside guys maybe it did keep this thread alive :rolleyes: ...

Anyhow this was really not about the ethics of whether you do or do not attack workers, the simple reality is that lots of people do, and carrying a good weapon for a pure builder does not make the slightest bit of difference you have to have aim and preferably some other skill as well like dodge or reflex.

All this was trying to achieve was letting those builders know that as someone who has played a worker class on so many worlds it is joyfully refreshing to find out that it does not take a huge step away from your usefulness as a builder if you simply stop going pure at say level 30 and start moving into dueling skills which has on several occasions now knocked out unwary people who think you are easy meat...

DeletedUser

Roberto sorry for asking, but did you even bother to read this:

...Ive seen lots of players saying they don't attack workers unless we have a weapon. Well of course we have a weapon. First of all it might give us bonus towards a job we need to do, second cuz we need some kind of protection from possible duels. Not that the weapon helps that much if you are pure construction anyway. So saying they duel us just cuz we had a weapon/mexican bandana on is bull.
I adore the mexican bandana part... And everyone was trying to buy ithat item not for duels but for coal minig job in recent Independance day quest. I gues if you are a coal miner, you must be a melee duelist. A logic of IQ=50, hehe

Btw, if you are a pure soldier/dueler and looking for a town I could use you. Those pestering annoying schmucks are evul and I could use some "protection" :razz:
So... How 'bout helping her? ;)

DeletedUser15302

I did actually read the whole thread including your own private little flame war, I was merely reiterating the original point I was trying to make, yes it probably does agree with her point, no reason why it cannot be reinforced.

DeletedUser

Ok, then let's agree - we both help her somehow. Yes?
But how... I'm an adventurer who doesn't care about duels.

DeletedUser22575

There is something I would like to point out to the myriad of complaints that I do see around The West continuously and that is the builder attack problem.

Now look closely at your class description it says worker not builder people who go pure building are setting themselves up as the ultimate town builders but also as the ultimate easy exp target. It is actually quite possible to take say 5 levels out of pure building and put all those points into aim while continuing to put all attributes into strength.

Quite a lot of the gear designed in the West gives good bonuses which let you become quite a scary melee dueler and still a very good town builder I have done this along with some others on Arizona and we still get knocked out sure enough but now and then we win and we almost always deal some significant damage back.

If you have some decent soldiers/duelers in your town this makes it easier to knock these people who attack you out, the game is designed to let people duel workers and there is no reason why you have to be a pure builder, my town is still in the top 3 for building points and none of our builders are pure.

So stop complaining about it get some aim, buy the best dueling gear you can get (in this case high tactics vigor and aim) and stop being a soft target. No one is going to help you no one is going to change the rules you can either do something about it or sit there and cry.

(I play a worker class in many worlds, so this is not a dueler flame thread).

I thought this was an excellent post and more workers should follow this advise.

Every class in this game has specific advantageous and disadvantageous. I think it is natural for everyone to want their character to be the best it can be, and to have as many advantageous as possible.

But this has been carried to an extreme by a lot of workers. To be blunt about it they want all of the advantageous of their class, but none of the disadvantageous.

They know what the rules are when they decide to run the worker class, and know they are a legal dueling target. But the first time they get dueled they want to whinge about it and want "special rules" for their class.

They seem to think it reasonable that every class be able to be dueled and put at risk of loosing money and being ko'd...except for theirs.

They think it reasonable that their class and their class alone should be able to go build towns, forts, do quests and progress in levels by doing these things without facing the same risk of other classes that can effect their progression.

They think it reasonable that they be able to carry a weapon for the benefits of it for doing jobs...but don't duel them. Let them have the advantageous but not the other side of the coin.

They think it reasonable that they be able to fort fight, but they will whinge like crazy if they get hit on preemptive attacks before a fort fight.

And not only do they believe this, other players running other classes have bought into this.

Adventurers now whinge that if their town does a "No Dueling Workers Nap" they should be included in it. They post on their profile that "attacking them is just like attacking a worker and that if you do you are a 'coward'".

Soldiers in some worlds are now posting on their profile that they only duel "friendly duels by appointment only".

And some of them carry it to even more of an extreme, they are "pure fort fighters and if you duel them you are a coward".

This no dueling workers line that is being sold has not only spread to other classes, but in my opinion is detrimental to the game.

And not only is it detrimental to the game, but it is detrimental to your town. Go check any world that has been around for a while and you will find numerous little one and two man towns with a worker and one soldier or adventurer. Check their profiles and you will find the "if you duel me you are a coward" post.

I think in fact the game was not designed to be played this way, but for these players to be in strong, proactive towns that can protect them, towns like yours could be if they were there instead of in these little whistle stops.

They get dueled, your town mates go and ko the offenders until they get the point.

But instead of this approach being taken there is constant and ongoing crying for the game rules to be changed.

And since that hasn't and may not ever happen in this game a new approach has been taken in Arizona.

An attempt has been undertaken to "improve the server" here. To translate that, it means since we can't get the company running the game to change the rules to what we want, we will try and force the players in Arizona to play the way we want, even if they are playing within the rules.

Maybe its time for some of you to try a different approach. Try playing the game the way it was intended to be played, within the rules as they are, accepting the disadvantageous with the advantageous when you select the character class.

Join a strong, proactive town and when you get dueled instead of calling people cowards for dueling you post the results in your town forum and tell your towns soldiers to go avenge you.

Less whinge, more play please.

DeletedUser

I stand Corrected Whidge is a commonly used word for Whine :)

TJ, We all know you and your sister Town on az love to kill workers and we all know it's groovy and hip to prop up the pvp stats doing so right?

You are correct it's part of the game and we take action when you kill our workers etc etc etc.

But your very own town workers Cry and whinge when they are ko'd and dueled so what point are you trying to make that we are basiaclly all whingers even you?

Much love TJ much love for you, Because you make me Rofl lol and Roflmao more then Infiniti and that's what it is really about having a good time right?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22575

I have seen it spelled wine whine and even wone once but never ever whinge and so many times too :laugh:

I am not one for pointing out spelling because I do it all the time but Dayum man it's like 5 times. :blink::blink:

TJ, We all know you and your sister Town on az love to kill workers and we all know it's groovy and hip to prop up the pvp stats doing so right?

You are correct it's part of the game and we take action when you kill our workers etc etc etc.

But your very own town workers Cry and whinge when they are ko'd and dueled so what point are you trying to make that we are basiaclly all whingers even you?

Much love TJ much love for you, Because you make me Rofl lol and Roflmao more then Infiniti and that's what it is really about having a good time right?

Whinge is a pretty common expression for whine, etc. Sorry you haven't heard of it before.

Now this is not that flame fest sixguns thread, but a thread discussing attacking workers.

If you want to discuss specific towns and what is going on there, flame, etc, I would appreciate it if you would keep it there instead of dragging it over here.

Thanks

TJ

DeletedUser

Whinge is a pretty common expression for whine, etc. Sorry you haven't heard of it before.

Now this is not that flame fest sixguns thread, but a thread discussing attacking workers.

If you want to discuss specific towns and what is going on there, flame, etc, I would appreciate it if you would keep it there instead of dragging it over here.

Thanks

TJ

I never mentioned your town by name you did sir.

I am not trying to flame you, only poking fun at your Logic. (and spelling)

The leader of the worker killing Capital of az, does not get to run into the worker killing thread and attempt*(Ty TJ ) to make logic for killing workers without being called out for being biased on the subject.

Other people have opinions too Tj not just you sir.

You are allowed to make your KILLING WORKERS IS PART OF THE GAME claim.

But I am also allowed to Call you out when you do so and make a claim against it.

If you didn't want your town mentioned then you shouldn't have mentioned it.

If you didn't want a worker to come in here and Whinge about you saying worker killing is a must and great for the game then you should have stayed out :razz:

*Corrected my uberz misspelling

DeletedUser22575

I never mentioned your town by name you did sir.

I am not trying to flame you, only poking fun at your Logic. (and spelling)

The leader of the worker killing Capital of az, does not get to run into the worker killing thread and attepmt to make logic for killing workers without being called out for being biased on the subject.

Other people have opinions too Tj not just you sir.

You are allowed to make your KILLING WORKERS IS PART OF THE GAME claim.

But I am also allowed to Call you out when you do so and make a claim against it.

If you didn't want your town mentioned then you shouldn't have mentioned it.

If you didn't want a worker to come in here and Whinge about you saying worker killing is a must and great for the game then you should have stayed out :razz:

What you did was pretty apparent.

I never said killing workers was a must, I said it was legal and I felt that workers should accept it as part of being the game when they made their character class choice.

I think it is an individual choice for each player to make concerning dueling workers. If they want to, that is their choice to make within the rules.

If they don't want to, again that is their choice to make also. I personally could care which choice they make.

By the way, you misspelled attempt above. :razz:

DeletedUser23737

The placement of skills....

A question....:dry:

If a builder places all their skills in construction, is this as silly as a soldier placing all his/her skills in shooting?? (tumble)

Oh, oh... i hope i have not just given away my dueling skills placement on a thread dedicated to talking about builders.... ops....:eek:hmy:

P.S: Does anyone from town B (or any other letter in the alphabet) want to join my newly formed club.... called 'The builder-killer killer killer killers killers! ??:nowink:

P.S.S: Lastly... i think you do spell whinge... w h i n g e... At least down here in NZ you do...:blink:

DeletedUser

A question....:dry:

If a builder places all their skills in construction, is this as silly as a soldier placing all his/her skills in shooting?? (tumble)

Oh, oh... i hope i have not just given away my dueling skills placement on a thread dedicated to talking about builders.... ops....:eek:hmy:

P.S: Does anyone from town B (or any other letter in the alphabet) want to join my newly formed club.... called 'The builder-killer killer killer killers killers! ??:nowink:
P.S.S: Lastly... i think you do spell whinge... w h i n g e... At least down here in NZ you do...:blink:

Max,
We can call the town BuilderKiller Killer Killers Inc.

However, The town Rules are as follows...
1. you may not duel anyone ever
2. you may only kill Builderkiller killers
3. all monies go to Ease the suffering of the ko'd and dueled workers of Arizona foundation
4. TJ must at all times spell whinge WHINE
5. JoxerTm must Rename himself to mTrexoJ

OppsSSssssS.... I forgot the last rule Max you must rename your char to HAPPYMAX

what do you think?

DeletedUser22575

Max,
We can call the town BuilderKiller Killer Killers Inc.

However, The town Rules are as follows...
1. you may not duel anyone ever
2. you may only kill Builderkiller killers
3. all monies go to Ease the suffering of the ko'd and dueled workers of Arizona foundation
4. TJ must at all times spell whinge WHINE
5. JoxerTm must Rename himself to mTrexoJ

OppsSSssssS.... I forgot the last rule Max you must rename your char to HAPPYMAX

what do you think?

Hmm, i don't think i will be joining your town. :laugh:

DeletedUser23737

Jesse... many many great ideas....

But...

I am no good with rules...:unsure:

I'm just too rebellious... :rolleyes:

I think they're two different words being used by yourself and TJ from Sixguns (ops... i mentioned town A by name...damn!!)... :eek:hmy:

Whine (sounds like the drink wine) is to moan etc... cry about.... etc... little kids tend to have this skill sorted...

Whinge... (sounds like win + jah ((like the start of the word giraffe... jah-raffe)) ...and that means to complain incessantly... many people liken a whinger to a bad loser... and these people often get asked to build a bridge so they can get over it....

Kind regards,

Happy Max :)

DeletedUser22575

But...

I am no good with rules...:unsure:

I'm just too rebellious... :rolleyes:

I think they're two different words being used by yourself and TJ from Sixguns (ops... i mentioned town A by name...damn!!)... :eek:hmy:

Whine (sounds like the drink wine) is to moan etc... cry about.... etc... little kids tend to have this skill sorted...

Whinge... (sounds like win + jah ((like the start of the word giraffe... jah-raffe)) ...and that means to complain incessantly... many people liken a whinger to a bad loser... and these people often get asked to build a bridge so they can get over it....

Kind regards,

Happy Max :)

Now Max you be nice to Jessie and run join his town. You need to understand he is a worker who thought he was playing Hugs R Us and some nasty soldier smacked him and he is still in shock over the indignity of it. :razz:

DeletedUser

Now Max you be nice to Jesse and run and join his town. You need to understand he is a worker who thought he was playing Hugs R Us and some nasty soldier smacked him and he is still in shock over the indignity of it. :razz:

Wait what? This isn't carebears online ? i'm ouuta here .....:ph34r:

DeletedUser

Better leave quickly.

But that dirty little coward that shot Mr. Howard
Has laid poor Jesse in his grave.

^ I think that was Max.

AwwwwwwWWwww How sweet TJ, are you singing to me? :unsure::unsure:

I'm taken TJ sorry for the mix up. :eek:hmy:

But please feel free to sing some more, I rather enjoy a good ballad.

DeletedUser22575

AwwwwwwWWwww How sweet TJ, are you singing to me? :unsure::unsure:

I'm taken TJ sorry for the mix up. :eek:hmy:

But please feel free to sing some more, I rather enjoy a good ballad.

Nah, not singing to you. I think your confusion on this issue goes back to that smack you got and the shock you suffered from the indignity of it.

DeletedUser16628

Now this thread has become fun to read.
DRAGONFLY ON A RAMPAGE,I am agreeing with all that your saying my good friend.KILL-KILL-KILL-KILL ALL WORKERS WHENEVER POSSIBLE RULE #1.

DeletedUser

"Dragonfly on the rampage" caused the break of an alliance of two towns. Maybe even more.
That's not a bad job if you ask me. Especially when you buy all items you need from allies. Who cares if your townmates disagree, they're there to be slaves and to keep their mouth shut, not to think.
:D