Builders vs Workers

• Thread starter DeletedUser15302
  • Start date

DeletedUser15302

There is something I would like to point out to the myriad of complaints that I do see around The West continuously and that is the builder attack problem.

Now look closely at your class description it says worker not builder people who go pure building are setting themselves up as the ultimate town builders but also as the ultimate easy exp target. It is actually quite possible to take say 5 levels out of pure building and put all those points into aim while continuing to put all attributes into strength.

Quite a lot of the gear designed in the West gives good bonuses which let you become quite a scary melee dueler and still a very good town builder I have done this along with some others on Arizona and we still get knocked out sure enough but now and then we win and we almost always deal some significant damage back.

If you have some decent soldiers/duelers in your town this makes it easier to knock these people who attack you out, the game is designed to let people duel workers and there is no reason why you have to be a pure builder, my town is still in the top 3 for building points and none of our builders are pure.

So stop complaining about it get some aim, buy the best dueling gear you can get (in this case high tactics vigor and aim) and stop being a soft target. No one is going to help you no one is going to change the rules you can either do something about it or sit there and cry.

(I play a worker class in many worlds, so this is not a dueler flame thread).

DeletedUser

Just as I've said a few minutes ago in another thread... The duel system will (I hope soon) be changed.

Until then, no workerkiller town will get an invite from me to do shopping, no alliance possible and also they can count on me and my townmates on the opposite side in their fort fights. I won't press my town workers to reskill the way I want. They are free to use skills as they want. Besides, later they will reskill themselves into something like Saucey's fortfighter build. After that I guess they won't be sitting ducks but will go find who? Workerkillers, right? It's good to have something to play for in the future after the town gets maxed. ;)

The Saucey's build? Here it is:
http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=480030&postcount=71

DeletedUser

pure worker

I am a pure worker atm
I rely on my towns people to protect me

DeletedUser

I never played a builder myself but i do know that half way measures often times simply don't work all that well.

1.Your turn to look closely at town descriptions,particularly in mature worlds,what kinda of workers are the great majority of town looking for:pure builders.

I see a large numbers of town that simply do not want half-breeds.I am not saying this is right or this is wrong,simply pointing out my observation.

2.A worker with a few stats here and there in fighting skills will not make a good duelers,you can only be good if you are pure fighter for the most part.
The best this hybrid worker can hope is to make the pure dueler get slightly hurt.So the dueler might go elsewhere if there are Juicier more defenseless workers to pick on,or else you would still be the easiest target.So now you aren't really good at building or at fighting.Not exactly the optimum set-up.
At higher levels you have many more skill points to play with and much better equipment so this might work then .

3.My understanding is hybrids builders waist too much materials in building forts? Not sure exactly what's the deal on this.

4.There is no post in the world that will make people stop posting and speaking their mind so telling them to stop complaining will be like telling them to stop breathing. (hint : they wont stop no matter what)

DeletedUser13388

Just as I've said a few minutes ago in another thread... The duel system will (I hope soon) be changed.

Until then, no workerkiller town will get an invite from me to do shopping, no alliance possible and also they can count on me and my townmates on the opposite side in their fort fights. I won't press my town workers to reskill the way I want. They are free to use skills as they want. Besides, later they will reskill themselves into something like Saucey's fortfighter build. After that I guess they won't be sitting ducks but will go find who? Workerkillers, right? It's good to have something to play for in the future after the town gets maxed. ;)

I will quote a friend of mine - footshot "The workers are fort fight tanks and when they get the Hernando sword,they go mental",so KILL KILL KILL !!! :D

Not to mention that the adventurers and the fort fighters(most of them soldiers) are usually as weaker as the workers are.

And if we dont attack workers,isnt it that a discrimination ?Then the Mods can ban us for racism or class discrimination :D

DeletedUser15302

Guys I've heard that theory that you just cant win so get used to it, my point is that no you are not going to be able to beat a pure class most of the time but not every dueler out there is pure, in fact most of them are not and what you do is deal them damage which in turn makes it easier for your soldiers to knock them out.

Yes later on you can re skill and become a machine of destruction point is anyone can do that later on, I'm talking about in the meantime and 5 levels out from pure builder when you are level 35-45 and have a fort does not make an incredible difference in building the fort. It does make an incredible difference to those that attack you.

Not telling anyone that they HAVE to do this but by the same token they don't have to be pure either some towns will only recruit pure builders often they are the same ones who's response in protecting their pure builders is to go and knock out the other town's pure builders which is not really all that useful. This is an attempt to give workers a chance and let them know that they can be effective by doing this not many people who attack me now come back for another go.

DeletedUser

I will quote a friend of mine - footshot "The workers are fort fight tanks and when they get the Hernando sword,they go mental",so KILL KILL KILL !!! :D

Not to mention that the adventurers and the fort fighters(most of them soldiers) are usually as weaker as the workers are.

And if we dont attack workers,isnt it that a discrimination ?Then the Mods can ban us for racism or class discrimination :D
Builders will become good tank fortfighters, true. But even then they won't have the HP bonus.
But fort fights are not duels nor will ever be. What's that logic of yours anyway? You can also say that builders will get drill oil job later in the game so why not duel them already on level 10, just because.
And I believe this thread is not about forts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13388

Correct me if i am wrong,but isnt it the fort battles part of that game and part of the west ? Everyone want to have fort in every quadrant for faster regeneration after duels,fort battle or working jobs.

Hp bonus ? The dueler class and the adventurer class have hp bonus ? Or you think that duelers are only the soldier class ?So,your opinion is,that soldiers should only duel soldiers,funny statement.

And once again,if i am able to hit the "duel" button,then it is a fair game.

DeletedUser

Yes, fort battles are a part of the game but not everyone plays that part. For example, as George said, w12 fort battles scene is almost dead. How many fort fights (and there are 120 forts on that world) do you see there? 1 or 2 per day.

I've replied to you that builders don't have HP bonus - because you have 2 soldiers in your sig. Never talked about adventurers and duelers. While adventurers have other fort skills early, for example pure hiders will have both dodging and hiding and will flourish in fort defense on low levels, duelers will invest in both aim and dodging plus can get to the fort quicker.

There is no need to mix fort fights with duels. I honestly believe this thread is not about team minigame - fort fight, because fort fights are not about the class but about the team.
I believe this thread is about 1 on 1 duels and only duels. While you call attacking someone who is defenseless a fair game, I can't agree on that. And as someone already said somewhere on w12... You want to kill builders? Then build your town on your own.

DeletedUser13388

I really cant understand you.

You are saying that to duel workers isnt fair cause they are weak.Lets dont duel and the adventures,cause most of them are even weaker or lets dont duel the dueler class,cause they have the crapest advantages ever or lets dont duel the soldiers,cause many of them are fort fighters ?

Imo you want some hug fest here,lets all be friends,lets all just work - "Make love,not war",when they make some hippie browser game we will keep to that motto,but that is supposed to be the west so - KILL KILL KILL !!!

"You want to kill builders? Then build your town on your own."
My town have builders and i am protecting them,if its needed.And the builders from my alliance,if we have such.But that wont stop me to kill everyone else.

Everyone is fair game.

DeletedUser

Why wouldn't you duel adventurers? Pure hiders have dodging, pure trappers have aim, etc. Nothing unfair there. ;)

And you can't protect anyone before the duel system gets changed as planned in Roadmap. You can sell that story only to newbies.
While you camp on someone who duels builders, another builderkiller player will come to your town from the opposite direction on the map. Why? Just because he heard that you kill builders all over the place, so he came to take a revenge. See... Not all ingame towns have a policy not to duel builders at any costs.
Conclusion? Not only you're not fair to "foreign" builders. You're not fair to your own who get shot just because you dueled other builders.

And please, don't take this personal. I take this as a nice discussion about "duel builders or not" question. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13388

Lol,i dont take it personal,mb i should start put smiles sometimes.

"And you can't protect anyone before the duel system gets changed as planned in Roadmap. You can sell that story only to newbies."

My experience from eight worlds which i play or have played,tells me that i can protect them ;)

And btw,pure builders have vigor and toughness,so if we follow your logic,then they are more than fair game ,isnt it :)

DeletedUser

Vigor+Toughness against aim of 100 and headshots? Hehe
C'mon, that's KO in two rounds. :)

Oh, btw... When is the next fort fight? I got too little XP from the last one. Yea, I know most ppl were low level players so you can't expect much, but still... :(

DeletedUser13388

Vigor+Toughness against aim of 100 and headshots? Hehe
C'mon, that's KO in two rounds. :)

Oh, btw... When is the next fort fight? I got too little XP from the last one. Yea, I know most ppl were low level players so you can't expect much, but still... :(

Aim of 100 ?

Btw,i thought that you wont support any town who is killing builders,but you were on our side last battle,huh ? :)

DeletedUser

Yea, but I don't know what town you're member of. ;)
I just remember that you were in the fight. Besides we were called to join the fight by our allies. Show me some report where you kill builders for no reason, call us to a fort fight and expect us on the other side or we won't show at all. ;)

DeletedUser

Thing is if you joined the builder class ACCEPT getting targeted

DeletedUser16008

Aye DF protecting workers isnt hard to do if your in the right town or have the right fighters that care.

Too much politics and rules in real life as it is im not interested in being restricted in game, certainly not by A theory dreamt up BY workers FOR Workers, ewwww.

My view is simple if its not my town or allies kill em all .... and then kill em again. Class be damned its the West there IS NO LAW.:)

And if there are repercussions all the better, thats the point of playing the game in the first place.

DeletedUser

Personally.. i don't care in the slightest about getting hit as a worker, unless i'm carrying a huge amount of money..

If anything, i prefer to get hit as a worker than as an adventurer, since i have more hp, so don't get KO'd.

Makes it more interesting if i get hit occasionally, plus i can brag about being worst dueller on W9 (h)

DeletedUser

Personally.. i don't care in the slightest about getting hit as a worker, unless i'm carrying a huge amount of money..

If anything, i prefer to get hit as a worker than as an adventurer, since i have more hp, so don't get KO'd.

Makes it more interesting if i get hit occasionally, plus i can brag about being worst dueller on W9 (h)

Perfect worker! keeps getting hit and keeps liking it. "hit me more please!"

we need more players like you :laugh:

DeletedUser

workers are fair game - i agree with dragonfly

i tend NOT to duel them but when i come across a lonely oasis with a single duelable worker I will treat myself ^^ im a bad man - i dont need you to judge me - its part of being a builder