Books!!

DeletedUser

Yes, it was. The plot was interesting. At first I thought it was just a sci-fi, but then I realized how it satirized the USSR.

DeletedUser

Speaking about post-apocalyptic novels, King has quite a few good ones - The stand, Cell, The mist.

You have got to be kidding me. Cell was one of the worst books I've ever read. It was absolutely horrible. The plot was stupid and the writing was King at his hackiest.

DeletedUser

You have got to be kidding me. Cell was one of the worst books I've ever read. It was absolutely horrible. The plot was stupid and the writing was King at his hackiest.

I liked the Stand (at least the first half)...but as with a lot of Stephen King's novels, he has a great idea, but doesn't know how to end a story.

Never read The Cell...and with that assessment, I probably never will.

BTW, isn't Cujo suppose to be his "hackiest" novel? I think that he later apologized for that one saying that he was too strung out on coke and alcohol to write a coherent story (not to mention the premise which was silly in and of itself).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Favoutite Genre: non-fiction
Favourite Book: For whom the bell tolls
Series: LoTR
Books I'd Recommend: Birdsong, Atonement, Armadillo, The Shadow of the Wind, The Kite Runner

DeletedUser

Maybe I'm just a fan of King's writing style?:eek:hmy:

How about the running man and the walk? don't tell me those suck too?!!

DeletedUser

I liked the Stand (at least the first half)...but as with a lot of Stephen King's novels, he has a great idea, but doesn't know how to end a story.

Never read The Cell...and with that assessment, I probably never will.

BTW, isn't Cujo suppose to be his "hackiest" novel? I think that he later apologized for that one saying that he was too strung out on coke and alcohol to write a coherent story (not to mention the premise which was silly in and of itself).

Don't listen to him Niska! The Lord King has never written a bad book in his life!

DeletedUser

I didn't say I hate Stephen King. I like Stephen King. I said I hated Cell. It had absolutely no redeeming value. I don't mind easy reading for entertainment value, but Cell had no entertainment value.

DeletedUser

I didn't say I hate Stephen King. I like Stephen King. I said I hated Cell. It had absolutely no redeeming value. I don't mind easy reading for entertainment value, but Cell had no entertainment value.

Well, I have to admit, you might have a point. You see, it's been years since I've read some of his Novels, and to be fair, my literary taste back in my teens was nothing to be proud of.(I liked Battlefield Earth, for Christ sakes!!).

P.S were you ever able to get into his dark tower series? I liked the first one, but after that I just couldn't keep up.

DeletedUser

I liked Battlefield Earth, for Christ sakes!!.

I would not admit that if Scientologists were ripping out my fingernails with pliers. :p

P.S were you ever able to get into his dark tower series? I liked the first one, but after that I just couldn't keep up.

I read the first four (the first two around 1990), but lost interest when he started going 6 years between novels.

DeletedUser

I would not admit that if Scientologists were ripping out my fingernails with pliers. :p

I was 15 Elmyr, show some compassion:sad:

I read the first four (the first two around 1990), but lost interest when he started going 6 years between novels.

Maybe he's just losing his touch...:sad:

P.S ever tried any of the repairman jack series by F.Paul Wilson?