Books!!

One Armed Ninja

I'm sure a lot of you enjoy a good read, so let's see what exactly you do like to read.

Well, what is your favourite type of book? Fantasy

Your personal favourite book? Fall of Kings - David Gemmell

Your favourite Series? A Song of Ice and Fire - George R.R. Martin

You favourite Author? David Gemmell

A series you would recommened? Same one as above, but would also recommened you try The Earthsea Series by Ursula Le Guin

DeletedUser

I've gone through stages. There was the Harlequin romance stage back in my mid-teens. (Don't hate me - it was a very long time ago.) There was the fantasy stage. I particularly liked Piers Anthony. But my budget couldn't keep pace with the prolific tendencies of writers of serial fantasy. There was the horror/psychological thriller stage. I still enjoy the occasional Stephen King and Dean Koontz novel. That said...

Well, what is your favourite type of book? Historical - non-fiction

Your personal favourite book? Muddling Through: The Remarkable Story of the Barr Colonists by Lynne Bowen

Your favourite Series? The Shopaholic Series

DeletedUser

Well, what is your favourite type of book? Realistic Fiction

Your personal favourite book? The Book of David :D (current favourite)

Your favourite Series? A tie between Lonsome Dove by Larry McMurtry and Maximum Ride (James Patterson)

You favourite Author? Stephen King

A series you would recommened? Lonesome Dove and Maximum Ride, and Tony Hillerman books.

DeletedUser

Favourite type of book? SciFi / Fantasy

Your personal favourite book? Nigh****ch (one of the funniest I have ever read)

Your favourite Series? Discworld

You favourite Author? Terry Pratchett

A series you would recommened? Discworld

I also read a lot of Star Trek >< and my fave author of those is probably Peter David, I love a lot of his other work too.

DeletedUser13682

Well, what is your favourite type of book? Realistic Fiction, biographies, historical fiction, histories

Your personal favourite book? Song of Susannah, book 6 in the Dark Tower series

Your favourite Series? Dark Tower Series

You favourite Author? Stephen King

A series you would recommened? Dark Tower Series

DeletedUser

The Black Company by Glen Cook.

I can also recommend anything and everything Pratchett.

Read it:)

Same for pratchett.

The last decent fantasy book I can remember was "the name of the wind". Seems I mostly read sci-fi now.

DeletedUser

Well, atleast you got good taste then! :D

Don't read much fantasy these days, but let me see if I can't remember the title of another decent one.

Edit:

The Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon wasn't bad.
I found it quite good as far as fantasy goes.

Then there is Diceman by Luke Rhinehart. Not fantasy, but bloody good and warmly recommended by the Onion Prophet himself ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Favourite type of book? SciFi / Fantasy

Your personal favourite book? -- Lord of the Rings -- Fellowship of the Rings,

Your favourite Series? Shannara Series

You favourite Authors? Terry Brooks, Terry Pratchet, Stephen King, J.R.R. Tolkein

A series you would recommened? Shannara Series / The word and Void.

DeletedUser

I've gone through stages. There was the Harlequin romance stage back in my mid-teens. (Don't hate me - it was a very long time ago.) There was the fantasy stage. I particularly liked Piers Anthony. But my budget couldn't keep pace with the prolific tendencies of writers of serial fantasy. There was the horror/psychological thriller stage. I still enjoy the occasional Stephen King and Dean Koontz novel. That said...

Well, what is your favourite type of book? Historical - non-fiction

Your personal favourite book? Muddling Through: The Remarkable Story of the Barr Colonists by Lynne Bowen

Your favourite Series? The Shopaholic Series

Dont see the movie then LOL
I <3 all non-fiction and true crime books. Sometimes I can be drawn into fantasy or general fiction(mainly chick books), I also like comics too :) It depends on my mood and my day. I totally love most of the classics, favorite being To Kill a Mockingbird or Great Expectations. I like reading the full works of Edgar Allen Poe. I cant name a favorite book, there are to many and for different reasons. Im reading Savage Grace and ***** Posse right now though. They are both good so far.

DeletedUser

Well, what is your favourite type of book? Thriller

Your personal favourite book? Can't choose.

Your favourite Series? Artemis Fowl.

You favourite Author? Ludlum

A series you would recommened? The Girl with the dragon tattoo - Stieg Larsson (warning, I would rate this book T for Teen, it's pretty.. I don't know how to say it.)