Bodyguards

DeletedUser

It's not based on character class, it's based on character level. I don't think having the NPC equipped with the best weapon is out of line. In real life they wouldn't show up to protect you with a nail gun. They'd have top of the line weapons.

DeletedUser

my bad... i meant the character level.. i agree in real life they would have the top of the line weapons.... however the point being it is giving a load of advantage to the pep hiring the bodyguard...
you could tone it down to the best weapon available for the hiring pep's level in the hiring towns gunsmith..

Also another thing would have to be addressed is what would happen if say two duellers attack the bodyguard one after the other..
would the health be regenerated to max after each duel.. making it very very difficult to K.O. . or ???

DeletedUser

I don't think the bodyguards health should regenerate to full after each duel. It should regenerate at the rate a normal players would or at the very most maybe a little bit faster. Possibly 10% faster.

Diggo11

I'd say the same as the players, no faster or slower.

And I know the weapon thing has been agreed on but I may as well post this anyway. If we decided that the NPC would always acquire the best weapon available for the level, then we'd have millions of NPCs running around with glowing and/or precise weapons. Perhaps the NPC is automatically equipped with the best weapon available from the player's Gunsmith (for the level)? That way would be less imbalanced but also reduce the worth of the bodyguard.

DeletedUser

And I know the weapon thing has been agreed on but I may as well post this anyway. If we decided that the NPC would always acquire the best weapon available for the level, then we'd have millions of NPCs running around with glowing and/or precise weapons. Perhaps the NPC is automatically equipped with the best weapon available from the player's Gunsmith (for the level)? That way would be less imbalanced but also reduce the worth of the bodyguard.

precisely what i meant/said

DeletedUser

Im not exactly for this idea, but i might as well help it grow since it is a good idea in the first place. The bodyguard should be customizeable like so:

Level: 45 (Your level)

Dueling level: 47 (your dueling level)

Wep: Sharp machete $108 (should be 1/10th of sale price Rounded)

Stats 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, Full (1/4 is free, 1/2 is $50, 3/4 is $100, Full is $200)

Assign Attributes and Skills: Shows skill select screen with the amount of Skill/attribute points of the person of your level. AKA 136 skill 45 attrib for full.

Confirm price: $308 for 4 hours

I can do a table for all the weps prices if you like this.

DeletedUser

That is way too much money. I'm a level 58 worker and my best cash job is Drilling for Oil at $400-$450 every 2 hours at 100% motivation. The best weapons I could get are the Sharp Conquistador Sword and the Precise Army Revolver. Those would cost me $169 and $197 using your formula which would bring the cost to hire a bodyguard up to $369-$397 for me. I'm not going to spend $400 to protect $800 of cash for 4 hours.

Plus it is too complicated. Must keep it simple for stupid. Many players that hire a bodyguard may not know anything about dueling so they aren't going to know where to put the skills where it will matter. Again, if you hire a bodyguard in real life they come with skills already. The employer doesn't train them how to do their job and they don't buy their weapons for them.

DeletedUser

Sorry but we are in Western for god sake not in Maffia Wars ... there weren't bodyguards !

DeletedUser

Pretty sure there were pants, homes, stagecoaches and people ate as well.

DeletedUser

Yup. And yes that was comlicated, forgot about the stupid people. But the point was the customization. You could actually spend... $2 to buy the worst bodyguard... and dodge attacks... so yea...