Bodyguards

DeletedUser

I'd rather see a town sheriff position-with deputies- who get an instant message stating 'playerxxx' has been attacked by 'playeryyy'. The Sheriff and deputies will have the ability to attack the offender without having to travel to the attacker's home town.

The Sheriff would have to be in their home town, not out on a job. Duelers would be a little more cautious about hitting people in far away towns, but I think the ability to defend one's own town is an aspect that is needed in this game.

Of course, I understand they are revamping the whole dueling system, and it'd be nice to see any updates or teasers on what they're working on.

DeletedUser

I'd rather see a town sheriff position-with deputies- who get an instant message stating 'playerxxx' has been attacked by 'playeryyy'. The Sheriff and deputies will have the ability to attack the offender without having to travel to the attacker's home town.

The Sheriff would have to be in their home town, not out on a job. Duelers would be a little more cautious about hitting people in far away towns, but I think the ability to defend one's own town is an aspect that is needed in this game.

Of course, I understand they are revamping the whole dueling system, and it'd be nice to see any updates or teasers on what they're working on.

There is one large issue with this and that is the lvl range between the attacker and sheriff.

If this should work whole town need to be really close in lvl range else it wont work

Diggo11

Better it only affect those types of players than every player. Isn't that what the hotel thread was about? Stopping those sorts of players? Not to drag that into this one but if that is the main complaint then go with an idea that solves that specific problem rather than a broader idea that is unfair to most people.
You won the poll Dee, no need to rub it into my face. I'm purely in favour of anything that shall stop idiots camping workers, nothing more or less.

DeletedUser

Wasn't rubbing it in your face. Instead of kicking people out of hotels or some other idea that is completely biased towards duelers why not look at ways to help a builder defend themselves and have a chance to beat anyone challenging them. Then each player can decide for themselves if they need extra protection from a habitual camper or a dueler that only picks on them because they are weak. No need to use a blanket if a bandage will do.

DeletedUser

see the only problem i see with all of this is that 8 hours for a body guard is to small of a time zone.im a worker and i know i wouldnt like having to pay 200$ each 8 hours to protect myself.eventualy the dueler is going to get me when i dont have a body guard. i would give the option to chose the time your bodyguard is with you in increments of 8 hours, up to the time of 24+ hours. also have the payment for using the bodyguard beless when the time is bought in bulk

another thing is that all it would take is some one to team, one attacks, gets rid of big bad bodyguard, while the other waits and attacks the dueler head on. then they could do it again and switch places. Even one person could attack once, wait and attack an hour later.

DeletedUser

Sure, but they can do that now can't they? The idea is to protect a builder from a camper or someone that seems to pick on them daily. If a player or a town is out to get you, they will eventually get you. I'm just trying to think of ways to help a builder without limiting the game play style of over 1/2 the people that play The West.

$200 for 8 hours after a certain level for a worker is not unreasonable. My worker can make over $400 in 2 hours from one job. I do that job for 8 hours and I've got well over $1000 in my pocket.

DeletedUser3717

Sure, but they can do that now can't they? The idea is to protect a builder from a camper or someone that seems to pick on them daily. If a player or a town is out to get you, they will eventually get you. I'm just trying to think of ways to help a builder without limiting the game play style of over 1/2 the people that play The West.

$200 for 8 hours after a certain level for a worker is not unreasonable. My worker can make over $400 in 2 hours from one job. I do that job for 8 hours and I've got well over $1000 in my pocket.

I like the idea, on my trader I carry well over $1000 with me everywhere and never got dueled except for a boxing match.

Lets this idea be used :p

DeletedUser

im not exactly a high level player i make about 130$ for 4 hours so to me its a little bit high but i do love the concept. work out a good price scale witch is actually easier then it looks in my eyes

DeletedUser

I don't really understand why everyone is skipping the first part of the idea.
1. Players have to pay out of pocket for the bodyguard. Let's say it's a sliding scale dependent on players level. So maybe they have to pay $200 for a bodyguard for 8 hours. This isn't exactly cheap for professional fighters but true workers, ie, pure builders, can make that relatively fast.

The devs can figure out the rates for the sliding scale as that is something the forum will most likely never agree on.

DeletedUser

can we have two bodyguards at a time??

and also is there a cooldown time between hiring of bodyguards.. ??

also can the person hiring the bodyguard attack the same opponent.. at the same time without the 1 hour gap??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You can not have 2 bodyguards at the same time.
There is no cool down time between hiring of bodyguards but you must return to your town in order to hire a new one.
The worker is not allowed to challenge anyone to a duel for 48 hours from the time they hired their last bodyguard.

DeletedUser

noo.. what i meant was lets say i want to attack you i would attack you with my bodyguard first.. and then immediately attack you myself..
it would defeat the purpose of giving one hour break..

DeletedUser

You can't attack anyone if you have a bodyguard. Once you hire a bodyguard you can't attack anyone for 48 hours. Your bodyguard is only good for 8 hours. So there is no way you can attack when you have a bodyguard. Bodyguards are purely a defensive feature.

DeletedUser

oh!
thats good then.. it would give builders the additional protection..
or peps who would want to concentrate on other on duelling.. would also mean that duelers can attack those peps..(without the normal ire associated with duelling builders)
also maybe once somebody hires a bodyguard, it would show on their character pic ..
and also what abt the weapon???

DeletedUser

I would like to see a designation on their character pic or somewhere on their profile to show they are under the protection of a bodyguard. I think that would only be fair and would be in the best interest of all involved. It might even prevent duels from taking place. Maybe something like this:

bodyguard.jpg

The bodyguard will be of the same character and dueling level as the player that hires them. The bodyguard will carry the best available weapon to them for that level, whether it be precise or sharp, depending on if a ranged or melee was hired.

DeletedUser

i like the idea..overall... completely stops all the stuff abt builder duelling and camping(to a certain extent)
however instead of the best available weapon... wouldnt it be better if it should be the best weapon in the pep's bag.. (be it inventory or equipped)

DeletedUser

No because the bodyguard is an NPC with its own skills and gear. The player only hires the bodyguard. I don't think its fair to ask the worker to buy weapons for their bodyguard. This means they would have to buy 2 weapons, 1 melee and 1 ranged. It also means if they want the best they would most likely have to buy it from one if not two separate towns. Look at it this way, if you go through an agency to hire a bodyguard they will arrive with their own weapons. That is how it should be in game.

DeletedUser

hmmm... so assuming health points would be the same as the pep who hires the bodyguard..
however.. am still not too keen abt the best weapon available for the character class..

but all in all a good idea.. you have my vote..