Bible Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Faith, as defined by the Bible, is the belief in the evident demonstration of things though not beheld.

Example: You don't behold the wind, but through evident demonstration of seeing the trees move and the breeze in your face you know it's there.

DeletedUser8950

Faith, as defined by the Bible, is the belief in the evident demonstration of things though not beheld.

Example: You don't behold the wind, but through evident demonstration of seeing the trees move and the breeze in your face you know it's there.
We're not questioning belief of the wind, as there is evident demonstration of the trees moving, as you said. There is no reason to believe the bible is any more accurate then any other non-fiction book I could grab off the shelf now. Maybe a Pratchet book on discworld?

DeletedUser

Again with the wind as a metaphor, a crappy one at that.
I can measure the wind, I can see it affect the world.
I know it's there, and I can prove it as well.

Can you say the same for a god, any god?

Indeed you can not.

You trust your bible to define words, I'll trust my dictionary.

DeletedUser

For some reason you guys keep responding in a negative fashion thinking i care what you do and don't believe.

I know what's right, and you are thinking what you believe is right, and im in no way qualified to down you for it. Yet, you guys think you are.

So drop it and leave it...if you can.

DeletedUser8950

For some reason you guys keep responding in a negative fashion thinking i care what you do and don't believe.

I know what's right, and you are thinking what you believe is right, and im in no way qualified to down you for it. Yet, you guys think you are.

So drop it and leave it...if you can.
That's you "downing" us for it right there.

DeletedUser

This reminds me of something I read recently: "There are 2 kinds of people in the world. Those that believe they are wise, and those that know they are not." (rough paraphrase, if anyone knows the original)

DeletedUser

The biggest problem is that people who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do! :dry:

DeletedUser

Again with the wind as a metaphor, a crappy one at that.
I can measure the wind, I can see it affect the world.
I know it's there, and I can prove it as well.

Can you say the same for a god, any god?

Indeed you can not.

You trust your bible to define words, I'll trust my dictionary.

You're correct. Blondie doesn't seem to understand that Faith is just believing in something that you have no proof of.

For example, you have Faith there is no God.

DeletedUser

i have, but you just refute it.

Your forget, dear john, that you can refute anything, just because you can refute it, doesn't make it false. It takes wisdom, and a bit of humility, to accept something.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Let's see what glorious fun you have in store for us today Mr.Youtube!

What is this? An insult, or an indication that you find me entertaining? If you find me entertaining, why say it in a demeaning manner? I believe that one should always be light-hearted.

Logic dictates there was no light because there was no source of light.

Faulty logic. Light had to be invented.

That begs two questions;
Was he emanating light before he created light itself?
Secondly; book and verse, be precise.

No, the first chapter of Genesis tells us that God, at one time, clothed himself in darkness.

I don't have verses at the top of my head right now, but I will post them in the morning.

Oh really? I'd love to see how you justify such a theory.

He cannot. Obviously, if Jesus said that "I am the way, the truth, and the light, no man comes to the Father but through me," he was excluding all other ways.

DeletedUser8950

I can't tell if you believe in God or you're just being sarcastic.
This is my bloody problem with you, you whine about people refuting your "truth," but you never miss an opurtunity to attack others beliefs.

DeletedUser

i
Your forget, dear john, that you can refute anything, just because you can refute it, doesn't make it false. It takes wisdom, and a bit of humility, to accept something.
No-one in this forum, except you?!
Why don't you accept the fact that there is no god?

Anyhow your continued failure to give solid evidence is a strong indication of how one best should categorize your "truth". Thus far delusion hits the mark.

What is this? An insult, or an indication that you find me entertaining? If you find me entertaining, why say it in a demeaning manner? I believe that one should always be light-hearted.
Ah yes, belief. *snicker*

Faulty logic. Light had to be invented.
The same way a rock, water, and a star has to be invented?
Ah, yes. Intelligent design. The most misleading label on any religious delusion through history.

No, the first chapter of Genesis tells us that God, at one time, clothed himself in darkness.
Then I guess he invented clothing prior to light as well...
...made from the fabric of darkness!

He cannot. Obviously, if Jesus said that "I am the way, the truth, and the light, no man comes to the Father but through me," he was excluding all other ways.
Because no other holy book lays claim to being the only way to salvation?
There are a multitude of religions claiming the very same thing, and they are all mutually exclusive.
Had you not been born into a christian culture, you'd have been equally zealous about the truth of whichever religion your culture "belonged" to.

There is no truth to be found in religion, merely fairy-tales from one culture or the other.

This is my bloody problem with you, you whine about people refuting your "truth," but you never miss an opurtunity to attack others beliefs.
That's because Blondie is a hypocrite.

DeletedUser

wow, you guys really know how to be self-righteous. Im glad we had this talk. Good day to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.