Belle Starr's Deringer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

We use it to fuel our anger against the developers who chose to give an overpowered item to the range players for a simple duel. I once jokingly said that I might have Hernando's by the time they introduced Athos', and this actually happened.

DeletedUser22685

That's never going to happen to me, but my melee soldier will soon outgrow Athos' and I will never have got the chance to annihilate people with an overpowered weapon :sad:

DeletedUser

The sword is not that powerful in the later levels when people can equip the Sharp Cavalry Saber and the Precise Buntline. Actually the sword is more powerful than the buntline, the same way the buntline is more powerful than the saber.

However, when I get it at level 57 in a week or two, oh how sweet I will feel exterminating people with the deringer.

DeletedUser

Yeah, the effect is less extreme at later levels. At 57 though, it's huge. :)

DeletedUser17612

A little offtopic but:
if i understand you, there is no point in trying to get a Hernando's sword with my lvl85 builder, when i can wield Sharp Cavalry Saber?

DeletedUser

I never said that. Hernando's has an advantage over melee players with the sharp cavalry saber - +10 minimum damage and +20 maximum which is hefty.

Against the buntline it's +6 minimum and +10 maximum which is not that much. I trash people with Bell Starr's Deringer using my Sharp conquistador sword, so why shouldn't a good range dueler with the buntline beat Hernando's easily?

DeletedUser

However, when I get it at level 57 in a week or two, oh how sweet I will feel exterminating people with the deringer.
Since we don't do duels at all... Nor care for them... But it's nice to equip it with gentleman's set... :D
We'll go townless. :p

DeletedUser21320

The deringer is useful on lots of jobs, but it makes the Adventurer's Whip useless.

DeletedUser

Really? Well... With that "useless" whip I killed Jenny in ghost town quest - before I got to level 45 that is needed for Belle Star. Just an example, that wasn't the only one place where the whip was nifty.

Besides that, jobs that need both hiding and reflex are:
stealing horses - Bowie's knife gives 10, Belle Star only 9
robbing settlers - true, Belle Star is the best weapon for this job
transporting prisoners - Precise schofield adds 14 LP here, Belle Star only 9

We can hardly say that Belle Star is good for anything except for duels.

You may think whatever you want, but Belle Star adds already overpowered soldiers even more power on level 40 (if they use premium) or level 42 (if they don't use premium). Other classes don't have that much benefits from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well it adds flexibility. One or two skills can be used and it's good with the hiding since that's more uncommon on a weapon. Only one of my characters has bowie's knife, the derringer is everywhere. Good for fort battles for two of them even. 8 more points in burglary and treasure hunt works for me too.

DeletedUser

i prefer pricise schofield 1 less point but it's much better on defence plus on damage :)

DeletedUser

is they change needed thing for this quest ? as i can not see billy quest !

DeletedUser

MY PROBLEM NOT IS BELLA STAR DERINGER
I AM LEVEL 83 IN BETA , and i can not see also 2 first part of billy quest ! anything wrong ? i must do 2 first part of billy quest then go for get bella star deringer but 2 first billy quest dont show for me !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If any person wants to know about the easiest way to get the Belle Starr's deringer, complete the loser quests (both of them) (it will appear when you play the game). It is better than doing a job for a long time until you get one.

DeletedUser

Belle Starr's Derringer

Got it today - yippee :D

PM in game if you want to chat - Arizona; snag

DeletedUser25173

Me too
Had to loose 20-25 duels to billy to finally do one without being hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.