Bella Starr's Derringer too easy to get?

DeletedUser

For beating Billy, you just need high dodge. I got my dodge to about 65 and he had no hits. I got -10hp. In w11, I'm a shooter.

DeletedUser

Easy or not, that quest is the part of the game and a huge boost for already overpowered soldiers. I mean... The requirements are:
1. win an easy duel
2. remove equipment and lose a duel
3. win a duel unarmed by boosting your dodging skill
For a soldier this quest is a laugh.
Saltin, who's an adventurer... Well... Didn't get the gun that easy.

Someone will say that it's not that much of a problem, it's a "secret", it's not listed on weststats etc...
But it's no secret actually since it's described in german the west wiki. In details.

And now there is a rumor (not quite, but I must say it's a rumor) that requirements for this secret part of the Loser questline are changed. Why? And to what goal?
The quest should stay as it is and where it is, so what if all level 40s will have that weapon? Instead of changing something that already exists, another more complicated level 40 quest with a better weapon could be added. More complicated in a manner you don't do duels only, but pal, do some map walking and some nasty jobs. That way the game would get back the balance and would get more interesting.

But no, we saw the same thing with the fishing rod. After some people got lucky and moved to level 10 in a few hours, devs added a level 20 requirement for a hard labor quests - in all existing worlds. Puh-lease. These types of change should be added only on new worlds, not on existing ones.

EDIT:
More on the matter regarding new update and Bella Starr... It became a droppable item. Along with some other goodies like Athos foil. You only need to have much labor points in a highluck jobs and that's it. Germans discovered it:
http://forum.the-west.de/showthread.php?p=441113#post441113

If you ask me this is a great news. As I've stated before - I don't plan to get involved in fort fights 'till prizes depend on the money brought into the fight and not on your skills and how many players you KOed.
I wonder... If named weapons are now droppable from jobs in version 1.27, could it be that the 3rd key is also possible to get without pusher/pushed fortfights?
If yes, then new worlds won't be soldiers only as some of us assumed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

For beating Billy you just need to spam attack him until you win. My adventurer had 10 dodge and I got KO'ed like 6 times, but eventually I prevailed.

DeletedUser

this weapon and its ease to obtain it has just greatly disadvantaged melee duelers in the lvl40-50 range, i hope the west admins do something to balance the scales again :)

Maybe once they do something to balance the hernados sword for high level duellers?

DeletedUser

Because a lot of melee duelers have Hernando's at level 40-50, don't they? And of course enormous luck and tedious gathering of products are not at all factors for finding the sword.

Winning a duel is way more difficult!

DeletedUser

I have a feeling you didnt get the sarcasm ?

Anyway.... Im a pure worker and Billy can hardly beat me.... so I think some duelers would have to sell some skills to lose :laugh:

DeletedUser

Does anyone know? The new update changed the requirements for getting the Belle's Star? The second duel don't pop up anymore... It's just me?

DeletedUser

what is the new time?
i am going to kick my cat - i woke up at 4 am to find the time has been changed...
WTF
someone pm me the new time - save my cat

DeletedUser

I have a feeling you didnt get the sarcasm ?

Anyway.... Im a pure worker and Billy can hardly beat me.... so I think some duelers would have to sell some skills to lose :laugh:
Its very hard. Best chance is to go all headshots, completely naked, and no dodge. lol.

DeletedUser

I did not get offered the quest at all. I am at level 49 and did part 1 and 2 of the quest. I also waited until 10 AM server time which is 4 AM where I am from. I heard that they may have changed it to 1600 (which is 4 PM) is that server time also or is this not true?

DeletedUser8627

I did not get offered the quest at all. I am at level 49 and did part 1 and 2 of the quest. I also waited until 10 AM server time which is 4 AM where I am from. I heard that they may have changed it to 1600 (which is 4 PM) is that server time also or is this not true?

The quest time has changed but we are not able to post spoilers here on the forum.

DeletedUser

lol.. someone bad rep'ed me cause I wrote that I was "guessing" what the new time was, of course it wasnt a guess.

..I wish you could see who is rep'ing so you could put ignore on those "slow" persons.

Is it allowed to post a spoiler if you use the 'spoiler button' ?

DeletedUser

Hoggs, "it's not fair to bad rep a person". It's only fair to rep some thread.
Because of that, I've added to your rep. ;)

DeletedUser

It's just as easy to get as it used to be... If you know the other requirements the time is not hard to find.

DeletedUser

Excuse me? It's not easy as it used to be. The duel is harder.