Bella Starr's Derringer too easy to get?

Diggo11

I find it very ironic that people are giving away spoilers in a thread made to complain that Belle Starr is to easy to get, remembering the most difficult part of the quest is getting it to actually appear.

DeletedUser

I find it very ironic that people are giving away spoilers in a thread made to complain that Belle Starr is to easy to get, remembering the most difficult part of the quest is getting it to actually appear.

Why wouldn't they? Those people are probably range, who already have Bell's or a better firearm. These are not even clues, because every town forum probably has the solution. I am melee and I have not even tried reading about Bell's and I already know how to get it, because it's posted everywhere.

DeletedUser

Yea, I suppose that IS ironic. I agree with b00k though, everyone knows by this point.

My complaint, as stated, is the hours in which they force you to spawn the quest. I REALLY hope they don't do that again. If it becomes the norm for me to set my alarm so I can complete a quest, I think I may be finding a new game.

DeletedUser

I wonder if it will still be available. Anyone else see the tweet.
It looks like I missed my appointment with Billy. I wonder when he will be available again?
Next Thursday or ???

DeletedUser

Can anyone please share what's the minimum 'dodge' to avoid all these heavy hits (~100+HP) from Billy. He almost KOed me for 7k$ and I want him down next time not for the gun, but for revenge.

DeletedUser

I've got to stay up until all hours to watch boxing from the US. The world has different time zones...

DeletedUser

Can anyone please share what's the minimum 'dodge' to avoid all these heavy hits (~100+HP) from Billy. He almost KOed me for 7k$ and I want him down next time not for the gun, but for revenge.
I beat him after 7 duels in a row, with about 11 dodging from gear plus one dodging from one mobility AP. After I adjusted my stance, he never hit me with more than one shot.

DeletedUser

Thanks emperor, then I think I will need to do some duels in the next weeks and see if I get the right stance as i have just 500 HP and can't afford more then a duel weekly
Thanks again this helps me a lot as I was about to spend fortune on gear with 'dodging':)

DeletedUser

I've got to stay up until all hours to watch boxing from the US. The world has different time zones...

Yes, but boxing broadcasting wasn't designed to be available live to the majority of the western world. This server is.

DeletedUser

I am a melee dueler/adventurer on W4 and have had the sword for a while. It definitely does change the balance of the duel and deter would-be attackers. My W5 soldier made a mistake and can't get the sword. Belle Starr's Derringer and Hernando's hints should not have been posted.

DeletedUser

It is a bit naff seeing evey ranged dueller around the lev 40 mark carrying it. It is always better when rares are just that - rare.

It definitely is a nasty wee weapon .... :)

DeletedUser

I am a melee dueler/adventurer on W4 and have had the sword for a while. It definitely does change the balance of the duel and deter would-be attackers. My W5 soldier made a mistake and can't get the sword. Belle Starr's Derringer and Hernando's hints should not have been posted.

I don't think so,there should be guides and step by step instructions for every one to see,and anyone interested should easily see what needs to be done to get the gear.

A very good weapon should never be limited in availability by lack of knowledge instead it should be limited by the difficulty in getting it.That is to say the quests to get these weapons should be made much harder based on the amount of work and time spent completing them not by the silly hints/whispered tips/ and other random RPG stuff that simply does not work in the end (balance wise).

Or else you just devalue the gear,it become cheap and easy to get...Just as it is now.

DeletedUser

on world 11 i had 3 pieces of the note pt.2 with my melee soldier before i hit lvl 25 from trading. if lucky is all you have to be then the belle starr's would only be easier if you didnt know how to get hernandos sword ;)

DeletedUser

I remember when I first started playing The West with an adventurer I would sell Part 2 Notes daily for the cash. I didn't even bother to keep 1 since finding it is extremely easy.

Good luck with Part 1.

DeletedUser

well my adventurer hurried up today to get it before the unknown 1.27 arrives and i had 3k on me just in case i needed to do some re-speccing to dodge(most important stat for this duel). I have like 650 health and decent equipment so nothing to worry about and besides Billy is a wimp right?....................wrong he knocked me out 1st try ! ouch...there goes 3k up in smoke LOL

Ahh well...it took me like another 6 tries back to back and i got me the shiny bella.

DeletedUser

Indeed its easy. I just got it this morning with 4 different characters.