Bella Starr's Derringer too easy to get?

DeletedUser14793

this weapon and its ease to obtain it has just greatly disadvantaged melee duelers in the lvl40-50 range, i hope the west admins do something to balance the scales again :)

Diggo11

If everyone didn't give away the answer this wouldn't have happened in the first place. The Twitter hints were sufficient to compile enough information to find them by yourselves, however it would have taken a fair bit of time and effort. Instead people went and got hints from other language servers where things were leaked, spread the answer like the plague, and now want the devs to fix their own mess.

DeletedUser

Everything you needed was available in the Belle's thread here. If it's as easy as you think, then the clues posted in the thread were more than enough to figure it all out. The requirements were also posted on Beta before they were ever posted in any other language forums.

DeletedUser14793

true it was kinda everyones fault, but is there a melee weapon that has such little requirements to get?

Diggo11

Everything you needed was available in the Belle's thread here.
Exactly. If people want it to remain all secret and rare then publicly posting spoilers wasn't the best idea ;)

And dgorsk, Hernando > Belle Starr.

DeletedUser

Hernando > Belle Starr.

Except when you compare the REQUIREMENTS to receive the weapons... Hernando doesn't anywhere NEAR compare to Belle Starr...

There are already people on w12 with Belle Starr's Derringer, look @ l8dygaga on high scores ranking. At level 40, it is quite imbalanced...

Level 38: Precise Derringer - 30-54 Dmg - +3 Reflex
Level 45: Belle Starr's Derringer - 71-97 Dmg - +5 Reflex / +4 Hiding

Yeah... quite imbalanced.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14793

hernandos sword. spend months searching for the note, plus the quests are hard to complete, most have to respec for them.

DeletedUser

levels still go by pretty quickly at 40, you only have to be 50 to equip hernandos.

And what about us shooters that got our butts handed to us for what seemed like FOREVER in the gap between everyone knowing how to get Hernandos and everyone knowing how to get the derringer?

Sometimes life ain't fair, deal with it.

Diggo11

Hernando's is the best weapon in the game, Belle Starr's is the best weapon for twenty levels. I would hope Hernando's would be much harder to get!

And for the record, West Stats says that two people had Athos Foil as of 4 Feb, so yes there is an equivalent for melee duellers. The difference? Melee duellers can keep their mouths shut longer than three hours :p

DeletedUser

levels still go by pretty quickly at 40, you only have to be 50 to equip hernandos.

And what about us shooters that got our butts handed to us for what seemed like FOREVER in the gap between everyone knowing how to get Hernandos and everyone knowing how to get the derringer?

Sometimes life ain't fair, deal with it.
You need to be several levels higher to do the quest

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Actually, the Precise Buntline is an equivalent to Hernandos and it will take ages for one to find note 1.

DeletedUser14793

you need to be lvl 57 for hernandos Sword. also i havent seen or heard about any twitter hints or anything of the sort for athos foil.

DeletedUser

It seems the Twitter updates were all about Belle Star's Deringer. I wonder what they will clue us in on next or will they continue not realizing everyone knows how to get it now?

DeletedUser

I can understand why they use Twitter... as it is a way to reach out to a LOT of people that might not know about The-West... but as far as giving those who use Twitter an advantage by giving all these clues ONLY to Twitter users is lame. I don't use twitter. I refuse to use any sort of social networking website as they all seem petty and waste valuable seconds I could be using to write a few lines of code (or something better... breathing).

These updates should be cast ON The-West's main page too... like a Blog style posting, just not on Twitter.

ON TOPIC:

There is no way you can compare Hernando's Sword to Belle Starr's Derringer... OK Yeah they might be (somewhat) close in requirements... but the time it takes to acquire Hernando's Sword is absolutely NOT comparable to how long it takes to get Belle Starr's Derringer.

I think l8dygaga having one already in w12 is proof that the requirements are FAR too easy.

DeletedUser

Alright then you win:

Life is SO unfair, how dare they! Round up the posse Pa, we're storming the Inno-walls! Grrr... we'll show them what happens when the playing field isn't absolutely even!

What good is it going to do to make yet another thread dedicated to whining? I know - complain enough until there's another poll!

How tightly do you want Innogames to hold your hand?

A) As tight as mommy did when she walked me to school

B) White knuckle me Redman, white knuckle me!

C) Don't hold my hand, I'm all growed up

I tell ya, we're gonna change the world!

DeletedUser

What irritates me is that two days ago I spent thousands of dollars on a peacemaker in world 8 and now I know a way to get this gun, which is much better than a peacemaker. :mad:

DeletedUser

USING TWITTER IS NOT FAIR!!!!!! Im in china and i have no idea of any twitter clues!!!!!! Could it also be placed in a blog of some sort, i think the clues should be posted in other places as well like peter said to make it more available and fairer to the whole community.

Also dgorsk what are you talking about lvl 57 requirment for hernando's sword, its lvl 50 which breaks the current rule of +7 lvls above precise/sharp as the correct lvl would be 60 i think the devs made a mistake in the code.

DeletedUser23117

There's some serious elitism in this thread, and in these boards in general.

DeletedUser

Ha! Grats Diggo on becoming a Sheriff

Hernando's is the best weapon in the game, Belle Starr's is the best weapon for twenty levels. I would hope Hernando's would be much harder to get!

And for the record, West Stats says that two people had Athos Foil as of 4 Feb, so yes there is an equivalent for melee duellers. The difference? Melee duellers can keep their mouths shut longer than three hours :p