Bank robbery in the city.

DeletedUser

Ok so the skills is not the same:whatever your skills I cant see a full hp having many of them. Perhaps create a tank dream and make hp count 76% in the attack and defense.
Sorry, I do not understand.

The developers won't always just come and fix an idea. Perhaps its not a question that your idea was not presented to them . It could be that they discarded it as not feasible. So work on problems identified.
In my task is not included in-depth analysis and testing of ideas. I think it is the sole responsibility of the developers: they have programmers and beta server for testing. The ideas are profitable for developers, not for me.

I like this! :D
I like it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

P.S. And how to activate a poll?

I thought your question was unanswered. Go to development and discussion, which is the topic right above, ideas and brainfarts. Go to the sticky, ideas nominated for voting, which is the first sticky, then put a link to your post and put in the title of the idea. Rebow will tell you if it was successful for polling.

DeletedUser

mevtwo22!
Thank you for the analysis of ideas. I'm glad you like the idea. -Cons are present, but far more +Pros, is not it? :) I will not argue with you on all the details, okay? Let's hope the developers will read the discussion and will draw conclusions.

else they we'll succumb to the growing masses of defenders (If it's allowed to registrate for the battle, after it had started, but only for the defenders.
Yes. In the Russian version of such a possibility exists. Here I was afraid to translate the text properly. Therefore omitted. :rolleyes:

Cost of the robbery
- Cons:
I dont understand what there is written there, only the part where the gangleader, (The initiator of the robbery)fx have to spend 1000$ to start just make a robbery ready, and that you get your money back after the robbery. The middle of the text is where i can't read.

It doesn't make sense! Why do you need to spend money on robbing the bank, i think involving health, energy, motivation, a dynamite stick, time and maybe a possible bounty is enough. (Who nows if the DEVS are gonna make it so you automatically get a bounty placed on your head if you try to rob a bank.)
Maybe you're right. Maybe.

Registration
Well maybe you could make it 15 minuts instead. Because when i need to defend my town, and i'm doing a job nearby, then it would be nice to get some time to notice the attack and hurry back? :unsure:
And someone will say: "15 minutes for me - it is not enough. Let's take 20 minutes!" I think the best thing - it is 10 minutes for the registration of the robbers. If you want to help the city, you can manage to do so, joining in the battle after registration of the robbers. The defenders should be such an opportunity: to connect to the battle at any time.

Let the developers think about it.

Safes in the bank
Also do these safes persist trough all robberies, or do you have to buy a new one when it got blown up bu the robbers?
I also thought about it. Would not that be too expensive for the city? Or maybe a broken safe can be repaired for half the price?
Let the developers think about it.

Also what is the limit gonna be for safes? It's at subjects like these where you'll need to be concrete!
The main vault - it is a ONE safe. Сost: $0. All money rob with a ONE dynamite.
The price of two safes is $ 10.000 for upgrade. All money rob with a TWO dynamite.
The price of three safes is $ 20.000 for upgrade. All money rob with a THREE dynamite.
The price of four safes is $ 40.000 for upgrade.
The price of five safes is $ 80.000 for upgrade.
The price of six safes is $ 160.000 for upgrade.
The price of ten safes is $ 2.560.000 for upgrade.
The price of one hundred safes is .......

Deleted User - 1278415

I dislike this idea. I say put a poll on it so we can shoot it out of its misery and I don't have to read about another bank robbery.

Bank Robbing was already rejected ideas list

The raiders will spend their energy, health and special motivation.

What special motivation? do you mean you can do bank robbery once it gets to 0?
How much energy will be spent on this?

How would the Attackers/Defenders know there is going to be a bank robbery? I would suppose that once 30 people showed up to my town hotel i would have a good idea I'm getting robbed.

Cost?
For the game to even let you know that you have to pay $20,000 would tell you that the bank owner has a lot of money, so then you would keep trying to rob the same town until you didnt find it wanting anymore as the succussefull attempts would bring the cost down and then you would go find another target.

I really dont like this idea based on the fact that towns have no true way to move the cash to another town or facility or have real protection for the towns money especially with the npc guards being bribed.

I think you have put a lot of um words into the Attackers but you have left out a lot of what the defenders can purchase for their town aid/protection from such robberies.

Suggestion: Possibly for an extra undisclosed amount a town can make their town seem like it has $2,000,000 even when they don't. So when a town is attacked the attacker has no clue what actual amount they have in the safe.

Give defenders the ability to buy weekly duelist bonus - in case they are robbed that they are able to fight back

Double-Crossing NPC-guards - increases the chance of the guards not to backstab the town owners but to actually fight harder against the robbers and get additional HP added to the NPCs to make them harder to take down.

Attackers dynamite and run away... why dont they stay in the square for 5 rounds... why do they have to run back to red zone. What if several blue defenders cut them off from all the zones to the red zone that they cant get there in time or ever. Once you step out of the gray zone then the dynamite should fizzle out. Stay with the dynamite... otherwise you aren't going to get any west-monopoly money.

I think there needs to be more reward for the defenders in the idea... as of right now your idea only benefits the bank robbers and while that is true in real life, this is a game and you need to have a game reason for having a conflict that allows for the good guys to win and keep wanting to win.

DeletedUser

I dislike this idea. I say put a poll on it so we can shoot it out of its misery and I don't have to read about another bank robbery.

Bank Robbing was already rejected ideas list
This is a completely different idea. In my it does not have anything in common.

The raiders will spend their energy, health and special motivation.

What special motivation? do you mean you can do bank robbery once it gets to 0?
What confuses you? And the duel, and the work can be done when the motivation is 0%. But it will be ineffective.

How much energy will be spent on this?
I do not care. Let the developer thinks about it.

How would the Attackers/Defenders know there is going to be a bank robbery? I would suppose that once 30 people showed up to my town hotel i would have a good idea I'm getting robbed.

Cost?
For the game to even let you know that you have to pay $20,000 would tell you that the bank owner has a lot of money, so then you would keep trying to rob the same town until you didnt find it wanting anymore as the succussefull attempts would bring the cost down and then you would go find another target.

I really dont like this idea based on the fact that towns have no true way to move the cash to another town or facility or have real protection for the towns money especially with the npc guards being bribed.
Yes. I offered to move the cash to another town or forts.

I think you have put a lot of um words into the Attackers but you have left out a lot of what the defenders can purchase for their town aid/protection from such robberies.

Suggestion: Possibly for an extra undisclosed amount a town can make their town seem like it has $2,000,000 even when they don't. So when a town is attacked the attacker has no clue what actual amount they have in the safe.

Give defenders the ability to buy weekly duelist bonus - in case they are robbed that they are able to fight back

Double-Crossing NPC-guards - increases the chance of the guards not to backstab the town owners but to actually fight harder against the robbers and get additional HP added to the NPCs to make them harder to take down.
Maybe you're right. I do not care. Let the developer thinks about it.

Attackers dynamite and run away... why dont they stay in the square for 5 rounds... why do they have to run back to red zone.
Cause I came up with such rules.
Cause I do not understand why the five rounds around the flag (fallen flag) in the battle for the fort give the victory an attackers.

I think there needs to be more reward for the defenders in the idea... as of right now your idea only benefits the bank robbers and while that is true in real life, this is a game and you need to have a game reason for having a conflict that allows for the good guys to win and keep wanting to win.
This is not so as you think.

DeletedUser22493

Gotsman

I have received your nomination, and reviewed your Idea.

This thread has 9 pages now with discussion, an tho that may seem allot, it's mainly between the same players.
There has been feedback from 13 players in total.
7 of those players said no.
3 were unsure.
3 said yes.

Since the idea has been discussed for nearly 3 weeks now, it qualifies is time wise.

The negative feedback draws it down allot. There are hardly anyone who agrees with the idea as it per now. Which implies that you should consider spending more time tweaking it to peoples likings.

So should it polled or not? Im going to say, that is up to you. If you think the idea is ready, and theres nothing more to add or change, and that you are happy with the amount of people supporting your idea, then ill poll it.
Remember, if you poll it and it fail because it was too poorly thought through, there is no going back.

Also, lets say its implemented. What happens in 1 year, when there are NO banks with 2 mill, 1 mill or even 100k in the treasury. Will this turn into just another "Poker" feature, that no one uses except to harass smaller towns?

Deleted User - 1278415

I should note from the Dev blog there was a comment made recently that blows this ideas use of using a flash model or any ideas chances of using the engine of fort battle system movement down the drain.

June 16th, 2012 at 19:36 | #10 Reply | Quote
@Petee
Hi petee
there are no changes planned for speed on higher levels there will just be a movement buff for the beginning players.
The new map and job system will be done as usual in the-west with html and javascript based on jquery completly we hope to cut off mootools finally
There are no plans for html5 or more flash things than fort battles.

Reference

DeletedUser

There are no plans for html5 or more flash things than fort battles.

That doesn't mean they won't consider ideas like this (not that I think they should), but that they aren't planning to convert anything to Flash.

DeletedUser

I really hope this idea doesn't get through, if it did personally for me it would take a lot out of the game, instead of putting stuff in.

DeletedUser34493

generally speaking i like the idea of robbing city treasury. most of the time it just stays there and isn't used for anything that much so it's kinda redundant. my imagination doesn't tell me on how exactly would this be executed though. just like with fort fights: imagine if it doesn't exists and someone proposes it, and there you have bunch of people having their own versions of a fort fight just like in this case of robing a city treasury.

i guess a creative mind is needed to think of a good and balanced way for both sides to rob and defend a city from being robed, but this idea is good... just my 2 cents

DeletedUser

So Gotsman, have you decided to change the idea according to the communtity yet? Right now it's still seems unbalanced in my eyes, and if you'd like to have a better chance of this idea and concept to go trough the voting, then you'd need the change some of the features.

First off you should change the amount of attackers that can sign up. Rest is a matter of imbalance

DeletedUser

So Gotsman, have you decided to change the idea according to the communtity yet? Right now it's still seems unbalanced in my eyes, and if you'd like to have a better chance of this idea and concept to go trough the voting, then you'd need the change some of the features.

First off you should change the amount of attackers that can sign up. Rest is a matter of imbalance
I'm confused and do not know what to do.
!!! Only God knows what is the balance !!! Players do not know. But developers can make decisions and to test ideas. Let the developers are looking for balance or imbalance.

Please tell us, the developers were interested in your opinion about the balance/imbalance in idea of the battle for the fort? Developers interested in your opinion on the new map (ver. 2.0)?
My opinion no one was interested.

Deleted User - 1278415

I'm confused and do not know what to do.
!!! Only God knows what is the balance !!! Players do not know. But developers can make decisions and to test ideas. Let the developers are looking for balance or imbalance.

Please tell us, the developers were interested in your opinion about the balance/imbalance in idea of the battle for the fort?

Actually the developers did take interest in the players suggestions. All fort battles use to be 128 vs 128.

And they removed the golden gun stacking bonus due to players outcry.

DeletedUser

Actually the developers did take interest in the players suggestions. All fort battles use to be 128 vs 128.

And they removed the golden gun stacking bonus due to players outcry.

And they removed the effects of duel motivation on cash. And they gave us town profiles. How about Kudram's parasol? Poker? Alliances? Chat? The Market? I could name 100 suggestions that were implemented in some form or another.

DeletedUser

Gotsman

I have received your nomination, and reviewed your Idea.

This thread has 9 pages now with discussion, an tho that may seem allot, it's mainly between the same players.
There has been feedback from 13 players in total.
7 of those players said no.
3 were unsure.
3 said yes.

Since the idea has been discussed for nearly 3 weeks now, it qualifies is time wise.

The negative feedback draws it down allot. There are hardly anyone who agrees with the idea as it per now. Which implies that you should consider spending more time tweaking it to peoples likings.

So should it polled or not? Im going to say, that is up to you. If you think the idea is ready, and theres nothing more to add or change, and that you are happy with the amount of people supporting your idea, then ill poll it.
Remember, if you poll it and it fail because it was too poorly thought through, there is no going back.

Also, lets say its implemented. What happens in 1 year, when there are NO banks with 2 mill, 1 mill or even 100k in the treasury. Will this turn into just another "Poker" feature, that no one uses except to harass smaller towns?
I really think that the idea is ready for voting.
We can argue for years about the details, but the basic idea of this will not change. Later we can add various options and other ideas to the basic idea, but now we must make the first move.

DeletedUser

You wanna put the idea to the poll? Go right ahead. *smirks* But just remember that once it gets rejected (and I hope to smeg it does), it can't come back.

DeletedUser

You wanna put the idea to the poll? Go right ahead. *smirks* But just remember that once it gets rejected (and I hope to smeg it does), it can't come back.
I see no reason to *smirk*. If you do not like the basic idea, then you have the right to say "no". But if you do not like the details, I will soothe you: developers will add to the idea of ​​the details that will please them, not us.

DeletedUser

I add these details:
The right of the first shot during the round.
The right of the first shot at the robbers. In the "Mode of attention" or "Alarm mode", the right of the first shot belongs to the defenders.

Mode of attention
to the NPC-guards of the bank. It works 12 hours. Activate can town's founder or town's councillor. Cost = $ 50. During this period, rising slightly skills NPC-guards. The right to receive the first shot the defenders.

Alarm mode for the bank's security NPC-guards and residents. It works for 2 hours. Activate can any resident of the city. Cost = $ 500. During this period, greatly increase the skills of NPC-guards and residents. The right to receive the first shot the defenders. The money in the Treasury under the special protection - they are not available for robbers.

DeletedUser15641

Well we could agree not to get to lots of details......as its for the developers to do....you can't actually say this idea will go 100% in as out of developers hands once if it passes to developers hands i guess this idea might get into lots of discussion so why not just give a raw idea without a lot of details to the developers?If this idea passes with players who normally watches the forums than i guess this idea might pass but without the overall players of the-west evaluation....i mean by that by most of players who don't read the forums daily.

DeletedUser

The main obstacles to the bank robbery concept is that it has to be able to fit into the game and how the game is currently played. Let me play "Devil's Advocate" for a minute and explain from what I think would be the developers P.O.V. why bank robbing isn't being added to the game:

1. Bank Robbing is targeting players protected funds
2. If Bank Robbing doesn't target player's protected funds, then it's going after Treasury Funds and it's putting more money into the game when the Devs are trying to pull more money out of the game (they don't want the massive funds that are currently locked up in the Treasuries of all the banks to imbalance the game/market system more than it already is)
3. Any live action flash addition to the game is going to distract from the current flash focal point of the game (ie Fort Fighting)
4. Bank Robbing, if it's made interactive like a Flash game, will require a lot of programming and distract 'us' from the 2.0 update and fixing other bugs/problems as they are reporting in the game.

Bank Robbery (and Train Robbery) was an event in the west but in a world where you didn't get a 'life reset' after 8/24/48 hours it was not as prevalent as you would think. Perhaps part of this was due to the fact that what you robbed from a bank was either extremely heavy (GOLD) or extremely useless (bank notes). The reason many bank notes were 'worthless' is because they were issued by the bank instead of the government in this time and if you robbed a bank of it's notes and the bank failed, the notes were as worthless as the paper they were printed on. Paper currency was redeemable for gold or some other precious metal ... if the gold were stolen, the notes were useless and if the notes were stolen then generally they were useless as well (who's this stranger in town with $20,000 in Tuscon Bank Currency ... say, wasn't the Tuscon Bank robbed last month of $25,000 in currency? HANG 'EM!!!). It wasn't until well after the end of the Civil War that there was a national currency that extended into the west ... the currency of the west at the time we're generally playing the game was gold, silver and barter because currency was not trusted (perhaps this is because more than half of the currency, in some areas more than 75%, was counterfeit as both the north and the south printed currency of the other side during the civil war to economically destabilize the other side ... no wonder people didn't trust paper and remember that gold is heavy and it tends to make a unique clanking noise as it moves, both traits which tend to get a thief/robber caught).

Thus ends by 'Devil's Advocate' and historical background on bank robbing ....

But it sure would be fun to have it in the game in the right form wouldn't it?