• No I would not!

Votes: 15 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Another thing:
New items/products that you find should be put in the "for keeping" compartment or the "for sale" compartment?
If they go in the "for keeping" compartment, you will have to move unwanted items into the other compartment. Best to do this after checking each job report.
If they go in the "for sale" compartment, you will have to do the same in reverse. You also risk selling an item that you actually need.
Variations:
- items go into "for keeping", products go into "for sale";
- items/products go into "for keeping", unless you have an identical one in the "for sale" compartment.

I agree with the stacking of items (my character in a world has 9 caps, 3 of each type); Also agree with the sorting - headgear, neckgear, clothing, shoes, melee weapons, shooting weapons, animals, and products. The products should be sorted, putting the more valuable ones last.

DeletedUser

If I'm reading this right, you mean that when you get new items, they should automatically be put in the keeping compartment (which would be the standard backpack bit, as it is now) so we have to manually move what we want to sell into the "For selling" compartment.

That is what I was envisaging, but definitely good to make sure that is clear when if/when this goes to the vote. Thank you.

DeletedUser5046

well i thought that even if the item is in the "for selling" compartment, it will still be counted for the quest item unless it was already sold.

- stack only the same item

- really wish there is a locker on the hotel T_T

DeletedUser

Yeah this is a good idea to help sort items.

Also maybe you could click an item and a sort dialogue could come up with three options;

1. Mark item for keep
  2. Mark item for selling
  3. Mark item as unknown
On selecting one of these the boarder around the item could change. Red for keep, Green for selling and as it is for unknown. Keep items could then be made unsellable to stop you selling them by mistake. Selling items could be moved to the top of the inventory when in a shop.

This is just adding on to the original idea really, would be better with this as well I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah this is a good idea to help sort items.

Also maybe you could click an item and a sort dialogue could come up with three options;

1. Mark item for keep
  2. Mark item for selling
  3. Make item as unknown
On selecting one of these the boarder around the item could change. Red for keep, Green for selling and as it is for unknown. Keep items could then be made unsellable to stop you selling them by mistake. Selling items could be moved to the top of the inventory when in a shop.

This is just adding on to the original idea really, would be better with this as well I think.

Well yes, eddy but marking an item as "unknown" is kinda redundant... If you don't plan on selling it, then you keep it.

There are two ways the devs could program this features
1) the drag-drop method... (already in place, but doesn't work with anything). They would have to fill an empty space in the character profile, where you would drop 'sold items' into.

2) the drop-down menu.. (also already in place) where a third option to 'move item into other satchel' would be opened.

DeletedUser

Satchel

This inspired me:

2) the drop-down menu.. (also already in place) where a third option to 'move item into other satchel' would be opened.

An expansion on the OP's idea..
A satchel would be a quest item unlocked as soon as you buy any other mount beside the Donkey. The Satchel (aka "saddle bag") would be the place you would store your selling items...

this makes the 'compartmentalized' item a bit of flavor with a hint of realism and makes you have to work for it...

DeletedUser

Well the unknown would be used if you are undecided or for new items you get. They would be marked as unknown by default till you decide what to do with them.

DeletedUser

Well the unknown would be used if you are undecided or for new items you get. They would be marked as unknown by default till you decide what to do with them.

That's really an unnecassary feature, eddie...
If it's you sell, then sell it
If you're unsure, then keep it - simple enough

DeletedUser

every item you get is an unknow...

than you mark it eather sell or keep...

keep item's you can't sell
sell item's you can sell at once...
unknow items you sell one at a time...

easy isn't it?

DeletedUser

I love this idea. Please please please lets get this up for a vote and implemented.

DeletedUser

That's really an unnecassary feature, eddie...
If it's you sell, then sell it
If you're unsure, then keep it - simple enough

It IS necessary because you don't want to have to go through all the keepers to root out a seller. So the default should be unknown with two other categories to drag and drop to.

DeletedUser

I agree with the 3 categories actually. As Ulthor says, if you don't have that unknown, you have to go through everything not in the selling compartment all over again.

I will write an update to the original proposal.

DeletedUser

It IS necessary because you don't want to have to go through all the keepers to root out a seller. So the default should be unknown with two other categories to drag and drop to.

Yeah thanks that's what I was trying to say. Makes more sense that way ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just a quick thought, because I want to have all functionality issues addressed...

Using a pop up menu (like the one for selling in the shops) will add an extra step to equipping as that will obviously have to be an option in the front compartment. Does anone have a problem with that, or is a drag & drop system for placing in the 2 other compartments preferable?

The easier this is to achieve, the more likely it is to get done and I have a feeling the drag and drop might be more work to code, and more likely to be buggy. But I'm not a programmer. ;)

DeletedUser

Well eddy's always sounds like he knows what he's talking about on that score. it would also be great if the monkey or rose could do one of their mock up diagrams to show how the thing is intended to look in practice. We then should have a belt and braces idea for the mods to take to the devs. Also if anyone out there speaks german and can translate it will probably help.

DeletedUser

Not sure if its been mentioned but perhaps there could be a 'Sell all items in the 'To be Sold' compartment' thing so you can sell all the items you wish to dispose of for money.
It does get a tad annoying when you're having to drag and click all the time.

DeletedUser

Yup. The "Sell All" is definitely part of this proposal.

Ulthor, I was going to see what I could do in the way of edited screen shots, but it will take me a little while. If rose or the monkey want to stick their hands up instead... ;)

German translation... er, not my field. :)

DeletedUser

Sorry to double post. Just wanted to say that the proposal has been updated to incorporate discussion up to this point. Let me know if you think anything needs changing. xx Vi

DeletedUser

Just a quick thought, because I want to have all functionality issues addressed...

Using a pop up menu (like the one for selling in the shops) will add an extra step to equipping as that will obviously have to be an option in the front compartment. Does anone have a problem with that, or is a drag & drop system for placing in the 2 other compartments preferable?

The easier this is to achieve, the more likely it is to get done and I have a feeling the drag and drop might be more work to code, and more likely to be buggy. But I'm not a programmer. ;)

I'm not sure if this is what your trying to say but there is a problem with my idea, because when you click an item it equips it. So the work around could be on clicking an item in the inventory you would get a pop-up menu saying;

1. Mark item for keep
  2. Mark item for selling
  3. Mark item as unknown
  4. Equip Item
Updated Idea
I just had an expanded idea to my original but this would require more work. At the moment when you open your inventory you get your items on the right and what's equipped on your character on the left.

Why not change that so what's equipped on your character is on the "Character" page, similar to what's on the profile page. This would make the inventory page bigger to see your items and sort. You could still equip items with the above method and by dragging and dropping from your inventory to "Character" page.

I'm not sure if this would make things better or not, what does everyone think?

Status
Not open for further replies.