Attacking Workers at 0% Motivation - The Best Ranking Tactic?

DeletedUser

this could become a problem. but i am sure the devs will implement someway to curb this. one option is to implement a system that gives higher points to duel wins over an opponent with a higher level.

DeletedUser

regarding how to score duels on a town basis
I like the lack of negative numbers, that was a good move.

Only thing I can think of is put the number of wins on a sliding scale the higher into positive territory you go, the less each win is worth point wise OR an even better idea is instead of counting duel wins, create a town dueling level number that operates on the same principal as experience does for an individual. X number of wins gets you duel level 2, takes more wins to reach level 3, etc. Only difference is the level can go up AND down depending on whether win total is increasing or decreasing.

Currently it would theoretically be possible for an INCOMPLETE town with NO Fort and LOW XP level players to be at the TOP of the chart as a result of zero motivation dueling which of course makes no sense.

DeletedUser

another option, since zero motivation duelers don't care about dueling levels, etc. Is exclude any duel under 50% motivation from the list [at least for dueling / town level rankings].

DeletedUser1105

But why should low motivation be counted as a bad thing? It does not take away from the fact that the dueler is good, they are just dueling a lot.

I like the idea of incorporating some kind of date feature into rankings - whereby recent duels are counted more heavily than older ones.

DeletedUser

I didn't mean to say/imply that low motivation is bad, but it does unfairly skew the duel part of town rankings as previous posters have stated and could also skew any changes to how duel rankings are determined.

Also, I disagree with the statement that "the dueler is good", since I feel keeping the duel level static makes it impossible to tell how good or bad a dueler you have, since the competition is NOT getting any tougher. Only way to prove that in my book is keep motivation high, let the duel levels increase and see if you can continue to win. I am sure YOU still would win, but like I said I feel high motivation dueling is the ONLY way to truly "prove" it.

-----------

Regarding recent duels taking presidence. I used to be a builder [and got killed], now I am doing quests and have had MANY MORE wins than loses, but until/unless I become a true dueler, I will still look "bad" in the rankings from a win/loss perspective. Would it make any sense to either only count the last 1-3 months of dueling [depending on how often a player duels] OR show two columns of results total duel win/losses and recent duel win/losses.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

klondikes points are very well thought out. it gave me the idea that you could earn points for town rankings by doing harder jobs, like mercenary or steering paddle boat. this way adventurers could benefit the town rankings rather than hurt them with their weak dueling skills.

DeletedUser

klondikes points are very well thought out. it gave me the idea that you could earn points for town rankings by doing harder jobs, like mercenary or steering paddle boat. this way adventurers could benefit the town rankings rather than hurt them with their weak dueling skills.

EXCELLENT POINT
Workers obviously add building points to the town score.
Duelers/soldiers add duel wins to the town score.
Adventurers don't add anything right now.

Maybe make it so in addition to a town Dueling Level there is a Town Productivity Level that uses a formula to keep track of all XP & $ EARNED [not donated] by all towns members. [Adventurers would probably lead in that regard]. Like the "donation" amount shown in town hall, amount would NOT transfer between towns, only what was EARNED while a member of that town counts, even if the person leaves. You could even make it so money LOST in a duel is subtracted from the Town Productivity index.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

I like to duel. Not bothered about who you are it's all the same to me. Yes I spend a lot of the time at low motivation and yes it's a good way of gaining the points for the town.....

I was doing this on worlds long before the points mattered for the pure pleasure of of the duel. No doubt there will be complaints about this too.... but doing it purely to workers ? Now that would be unfair to the others... Duelers and soldiers need love too you know ;)

DeletedUser

This strategy is rly bad. Why I'll keep duel 50 times/day with 0 motivation? Just to increase my town ranking? What about my xp and money? This is good as being away from the game, just increasing the town points and parking on the same lvl 4ever.

This strategy cannot be any worse

DeletedUser

I bet if the developers put the notification page in game to ask people to vote for the zero motivation dueling not getting money poll, we'll get far more people support that than the 50% resistance cap.

DeletedUser14189

Attacking Pure Adventurers (Swimming, Trading, Horseback riding, Hiding, Leadership) is the best way for rankings..

Workers can actually beat duellers, trappers can too, but these guys.....

DeletedUser

Attacking Pure Adventurers (Swimming, Trading, Horseback riding, Hiding, Leadership) is the best way for rankings..

Workers can actually beat duellers, trappers can too, but these guys.....

Can they? You must be a rly sux dueler. I never lost to a pure builder or pure trapper

DeletedUser14189

I'm not a dueller, and Im not saying a proper dueller cant win to a pure builder or pure trapper. Im just saying they have more opportunities to defend themselves.

Cmon, I dont think I have to tell you that Both Builders and Trappers have 2 important duelling skills in their setup..

Offcourse Mobility and Charisma contain Duelling skills too but those alone wont help you protect yourself in duels, except maybe dodging.

DeletedUser

I think charism is the worst, but think that mobility give you dodge, and this can make you win ;]

DeletedUser16008

I trust you are not referring to me there Skull....... Dueling for the pleasure of it does not stop me from moving up the levels as i see fit..... Nor does it leave me with no money.... Quite the opposite in fact....

At lower levels I can make far more money dueling than I can working... Plus my soft hands dont like chopping wood or fixing fences..

Id much rather slice n dice than pick those lice.

DeletedUser

Talking about you where?

I fail to see where I was refering direct to you o_O

DeletedUser

Duel points are minimal, when compared to forts owned. In w7, we accumulated 11k in duel points over a 6 month period, which is trumped by owning just two small forts that takes only minutes to obtain.