Are You Superstitious?

DeletedUser

If I'm hitting in a fort battle, I don't move until I'm about to die or I stop hitting. If I do move, I usually seem to miss my next shot.

If I'm missing in a fort battle, I move, even if it's a slightly worse position. I usually seem to hit my next shot.

If I post one hit in chat I post them all. If I start and then don't post one, I seem to miss my next shot. If I wasn't posting them and do post one, I seem to miss my next shot. I stopped posting KOs in external chat if I wasn't posting hits in town chat because I always seemed to miss my next shot.

If I have a streak of good battles going, I'll wear the same gear, even in an attack if the gear is defense gear or in a defense if attack gear.

I hate it when someone says, "you seem to be having a good battle". It's like a perfect game in baseball, you don't talk about it (unless you're Jim Bunning).

I'm sure there's more, but those are the big ones.

DeletedUser

My experience with movement as an adventurer is different.

1. Assuming we're playing 1 on 1:
If I move I hit often. If I'm not moving I miss often.

2. The same happens in normal fight however:
If I'm in the frontline I usually hit, if someone is in front of me, even if it's just one player, I usually miss.

3. And last but not least:
If I've just respecced I can't hit anything. The ratio hits/misses tends to be 4/46 as I'd miss an elephant in the adjacent square (not sector). This gets fixed by itself the day after.

DeletedUser

Yeah, battles after respeccing or getting a new gun.

I think my biggest one not involving battles is never accepting a quest until I have the required products. I think that one's fairly common, even though I don't really believe it affects their drop rate.

DeletedUser

I tend to do the same thing with quests, not because of some superstition but because it's more rational since you can accept 10 quests max and some quests are timeconsuming jobworking so I don't like to mix gathering products ones with those.

But if this ain't about fort fighting superstition only...
Every time I receive a PM on the forum if my heart jumps and I think: "surpriseeeeee, I'm infracted - again" it's actually a normal PM from a forum member. If my subconsciousness doesn't react that way, then it's an infraction - every single time.
Go figure. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26406

My theory is that when I move I get better hits on worlds where I have more stamina,
in worlds where I have more Hiding I shoot better standing,

My superstitions :)

DeletedUser

Don't name a fort before it's won.

Don't decide who's getting invited before it's won.

Don't recycle names, giving the name of a lost fort to a new one, no matter how much you like the name.

Don't say anything about how easy a win it's going to be before the battle has started. I've seen some very lopsided battles that should have been easy wins lost.

DeletedUser20104

i get a box if i die first or second round if bumped at the start
happened twice in a few days now...both times iron..offline..contained item 10k+

DeletedUser1121

Yeah, battles after respeccing or getting a new gun.

I am not superstitious, but last night's battle on W1 did make me wonder..
8 shots, not one hit.. and yes, i did start my reskill..

DeletedUser16970

You people are starting to scare me :p

I never open my boxes right after a battle.

DeletedUser20104

You people are starting to scare me :p

I never open my boxes right after a battle.
nope i do that and get pretty nice stuff from it..for example a yellow army pant worth 9k(w10)

Oh yea i am going on a attack with a totally new gear setup
will check that rumor

edit- checked ...it was very bad :(

another battle soon.but will pray before that and see what happens

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16970

I have no proof for it... but i like to think having my boxes stacked under my bed for a couple of days will give me better items :)

DeletedUser

I heard somone say in this forum that when you pray before a duel you will not preform well then. Has anyone tested this one?

DeletedUser

I am not superstitious, but last night's battle on W1 did make me wonder..
8 shots, not one hit.. and yes, i did start my reskill..
Or maybe it's just attacking us that's bad luck. ;)

Re: Praying. I might have mentioned that I'm not a fan of prayer once or twice. I did try praying before a battle one time on w1 and I was 2-18. Just scientific enough for me to never try it again.

DeletedUser20104

I bought a new gun...prayed and had a great fight and a nice drop worth 11k

will try it when i gather enough money for my winchester on w10 :(

DeletedUser

In 2009, I started a thread about sleeping in a ghost town, i.e. the town goes ghost while I'm sleeping there. It happened to me twice on w1. Well, it's happened to me again, twice in less than a week, on w3.

BRhjK.png

Should I be superstitious about that?

DeletedUser22493

Me superstitious? Okey, perhaps a bit.

ALWAYS put on my fort gear before joining a battle and ever change after joining a side.
Never sleep in the fort when the battle starts.

..but I don't pray before or after a battle. Im not THAT superstitious..

DeletedUser20104

I never knew anyone could sleep through all that noise :rolleyes:

ps..i mean you wake up auto