Ammunition

DeletedUser

Like Luap I do see a glimmer of a good idea here but I think as it is now it needs scrapped and rethought. If you have one class doing something then the other classes need to have to do something along the same lines. Otherwise it makes the game imbalanced.

Then make the price of melee weapons substantially higher...

DeletedUser

Still makes ranged fighters at a bit of a disadvantage. They can be challenged to a duel repeatedly until their ammo runs out. It is not unheard of for several people to gang up on one player to try to KO them. If the ganging up doesn't KO him with damage then making the ranged player use up the last of their ammo and then attacking them should do the job.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of requiring ammunition to get the full benefit of a firearm, but you should buy packs of rounds instead of the "per period" you suggested. Also, with this addition, firearms should be given some other slight advantage to compensate for the cost of ammunition.

DeletedUser

I doubt someone who paid $1664 for a precise deringer would like to see 1 damage per hit as his max in a duel.
Well, the time to think about that is... when you're browsing the ammo shelf. :p

I still don't think this is a viable proposal. My modest programming background spidey-sense is tingling.

DeletedUser

Still makes ranged fighters at a bit of a disadvantage. They can be challenged to a duel repeatedly until their ammo runs out. It is not unheard of for several people to gang up on one player to try to KO them. If the ganging up doesn't KO him with damage then making the ranged player use up the last of their ammo and then attacking them should do the job.

I said an alternative could be a time-period to use the ammo rather than a specified amount...

The thing is people are complaining about the general store having not so much items, and there is no variety...

I just got KO'd by a bunch of unhappy rivals (3, to be exact) while with work clothing... (I farmed and KO'd them for quite a while).

@ Vos: Firearms already do have an advantage over melee duelers. They get much more items/luck jobs and higher pay, which means they can purchase better equipment faster than melee duelers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Still puts ranged at disadvantage. Even if you make melee weapons more expensive that is a one time disadvantage to a melee fighter. Ranged fighters have to constantly check to make sure their ammo won't run out and repeatedly buy more ammo. That is a continuous disadvantage. Workers really don't use their weapons much if they are pure builders and if an Adventurer isn't specced for dueling they really don't have to worry about the disadvantage either.

DeletedUser

No, I said a purchase of ammo could last either for a period of time OR be purchased by amount.

And at the end, firearm duelers have better duel results because of higher damage.

SCENARIO TIME!!:

Dueler A is a melee build level 30. His weapon is the Bowies Knife. He focuses on strength, vigor, and toughness.

Dueler B is a dexterity build level 30. His weapon is the Precise Muzzeloader. He focuses on dexterity, aim, and shooting,

The only advantage Dueler A has is a high vigor setting,

Meanwhile, Dueler B has aim and shooting (amount of damage) on his side, and Dueler A's toughness is void anyways.

Dueler B clearly has the advantage.

Now, let's put Ammo in.

Dueler A is a melee build level 30. He focuses on strength, vigor, and toughness. Although he has less bonuses than Dueler B, he does not have to worry about having the cost of ammunition once a week.

Dueler B, however, still having the advantage, will continue to win duels, thus financing the ammunition (and as needed, thru high pay/luck jobs).

Dueler B still has a much more available purchase range as he still will end up with more money. A 7-day usage of metal balls ($20) gives him a 120% damage range, and he will compensate thru duels. Have you ever made less than $20 a day???

Firearm duelers still won't have much of a disadvantage, I tink.

DeletedUser

Oh.

Oops... I ventured too far and got slapped in the face...

But you've made more than $20 in a week, hopefully?

DeletedUser

You can't have all kinds of ammo fitting every gun.

That'd be truly stupid.

DeletedUser

Okay so how do you even it out from the melee fighters they have to have thier tomahawks and razors sharpened and it lasts for seven days really it's an interesting idea but I doubt realism is what the west is about...

DeletedUser

And weapon wear and tear has been suggested and shot down several times.

No, BartBot.
No, Gruber Von Kessel.

Diggo11

If you want ranged fighters to buy ammo then I want the melee duelers to have to pay to sharpen their weapon.
I'd have to say I'm against this topic.

I'm melee, and I still agree with the last post. You'd need to add to both; otherwise everyone would go melee.

Beides, there should be more perks to guns. Its the west; the favored wep was normally a rifle; not a sword/bayonette/knife.
Then make the price of melee weapons substantially higher...
BartBot this is just removing the advantages of Ranged Users and giving it to Melee Users, not solving any problems.
No, I said a purchase of ammo could last either for a period of time OR be purchased by amount.

And at the end, firearm duelers have better duel results because of higher damage.

SCENARIO TIME!!:

Dueler A is a melee build level 30. His weapon is the Bowies Knife. He focuses on strength, vigor, and toughness.

Dueler B is a dexterity build level 30. His weapon is the Precise Muzzeloader. He focuses on dexterity, aim, and shooting,

The only advantage Dueler A has is a high vigor setting,

Meanwhile, Dueler B has aim and shooting (amount of damage) on his side, and Dueler A's toughness is void anyways.

Dueler B clearly has the advantage.

Now, let's put Ammo in.

Dueler A is a melee build level 30. He focuses on strength, vigor, and toughness. Although he has less bonuses than Dueler B, he does not have to worry about having the cost of ammunition once a week.

Dueler B, however, still having the advantage, will continue to win duels, thus financing the ammunition (and as needed, thru high pay/luck jobs).

Dueler B still has a much more available purchase range as he still will end up with more money. A 7-day usage of metal balls ($20) gives him a 120% damage range, and he will compensate thru duels. Have you ever made less than $20 a day???

Firearm duelers still won't have much of a disadvantage, I tink.
So melee players keep losing except you are making the winning ranged player give up their money? You may as well remove the duelling classes.

DeletedUser

what about this melee weapons are very cheap and get destroy after each duel(you beat enemy with it)or you have to repair it like ammunition.

DeletedUser

@ Vos: Firearms already do have an advantage over melee duelers. They get much more items/luck jobs and higher pay, which means they can purchase better equipment faster than melee duelers.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: wait what? You must be a bit stupid no?

As has been said before, melee duelers have much higher paying jobs at a much lower level then ranged duelers. Yes that changes as you get higher levels but thats the payoff.

Example

W6 I have a pure shooty level 29 adventurer, best paying job? Beavers @ 32%

So flip that round to vigor.

Clearing the forest @ 62% available from level ((178/2)/4)= 23 with no equipment.

DeletedUser

I belive my friend Tony Montana has a statement to make regarding this idea:

DeletedUser

So you would make my [future] Hernandos Sword disappear!?!?!
i also said they can be repaired like ammo in guns:nowink:
guns.gif

now if these are in someone's inventory

Last edited by a moderator: