Ammunition

DeletedUser

Due to a lot of melee duelers' complaints about the firearm-dueler's advantages, here goes.
Ammunition:

A firearm must be accompanied by a set of ammunition specified by the weapon type (to be bought at the general store) in order for a player equipped with a firearm to queue a duel. Without ammunition, the damage range of a firearm will be much lower than with ammunition(and also varies by weapon type). A player equipping a melee weapon does not need ammunition, but the cost of the melee weapon itself should increase if this is implemented.

There are varying types of ammunition, each available in the general storeas it levels. Granite and pebbles will change into ammunition types (removed from the
gunsmith) for the firearm slingshots, and the Boomerang and Throwing Knives firearms do not require any ammunition (an exception) for a standard duel.

Listed below are the types of ammunition:

• Pebble- to be accompanied by slingshots (including Huckleberry’s Slingshot) and does 50% of the damage range of the slingshot firearmxequipped (an odd number will be rounded up in a duel)- General Store lvl. 1 (can alternate between granite as a choice) Cost: $5 per 7-day period (a completely separate alternative to this is $5 for 40 pebbles/5 duels).
  • Granite- to be accompanied by slingshots (including Huckleberry’s Slingshot) and does 100% of the damage range of the slingshot firearm equipped. Available at General Store lvl. 1 (can alternate between granite as a choice) Cost: $10 per 7-day period (a completely separate alternative to this is $10 for 40 pieces of Granite/5 duels).
  • Shotgun round- to be accompanied by all types of shotguns (including Granmont’s pistol and shortened shotgun) and does 100% pf the damage range of the shotgun firearm equipped. Available at General store lvl. 3. Cost: $15 per 7-day period (a completely separate alternative to this is $15 for 40 rounds/5 duels).
  • Lead Ball- to be accompanied by muzzleloaders (including Drake’s Muzzleloader) and does 75% of the damage of the muzzleloader firearm equipped (an odd number will be rounded up in a duel)- General Store lvl. 4 (can alternate between metal ball as a choice in lvl. 4 General Store) Cost: $15 per 7-day period (a completely separate alternative to this is $15 for 40 rounds/5 duels).
  • Metal Ball- to be accompanied by muzzleloaders (including Drake’s Muzzleloader) and does 120% of the damage of the muzzleloader firearm equipped (an odd number will be rounded up in a duel)- General Store lvl. 4 (can alternate between lead ball as a choice in lvl. 4 General Store) Cost: $20 per 7-day period (a completely separate alternative to this is $20 for 40 rounds/5 duels).
  • Tin Bullet- to be accompanied by all handguns/pistols in the Gunsmith. Does 75% of damage range of handgun/pistol equipped (an odd number will be rounded up in a duel)- Available in General Store lvl. 6. Cost: $25 per 7-day period (a completely separate alternative to this is $25 for 40 rounds/5 duels).
  • Copper Bullet- to be accompanied by all handguns/pistols in the Gunsmith. Does 100% of damage range of handgun/pistol equipped- Available in General Store lvl. 6. Cost: $30 per 7-day period (a completely separate alternative to this is $30 for 40 rounds/5 duels).
  • Iron Bullet- to be accompanied by all handguns/pistols in the Gunsmith. Does 120% of damage range of handgun/pistol equipped- Available in General Store lvl. 10. Cost: $50 per 7-day period (a completely separate alternative to this is $50 for 40 rounds/5 duels).

Once bought, the box of bullets will show up in your inventory, but will not be used until put in the paper-doll slot (a second one will be added) specifically for the firearm (the 2nd paper-doll slot will be disabled if a melee weapon is equipped). This way, if you have more than one type of firearm and more than one type of ammunition you may use them accordingly. Ammunition designed for a handgun/pistol will be void when equipped along with a slingshot, and vice versa.

Hope you like it!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The damage range of a firearm without ammo should be more than 0-0. A lot less than with ammo, but a empty gun can still do damage. The number of films that have people being knocked out by a empty gun. Otherwise good idea. No offence but while I like it I doubt it will go through.

DeletedUser

Something like that. Maybe the same as the worst melee weapon? But do you think it should be the same for all or change?

DeletedUser

If you add ammo to the game, an unloaded gun (or slingshot) would use vigor, not shooting.

DeletedUser

I think it sounds like a good idea.

And something like ya'll were saying; lower the effects of guns and add ammunition; giving a slight bonus.

DeletedUser

What do you mean? The worst melee weapon is your Fist, 1-3 damage. I doubt someone who paid $1664 for a precise deringer would like to see 1 damage per hit as his max in a duel. Maybe each weapon will have a certain damage range without ammunition as a melee weapon. A slingshot would probably have a 1-1 damage as a melee weapon (a twig with two prongs would snap in half like that).

Edit: For simplicity's sake, let's just use shooting even when they don't have ammo.

DeletedUser

Now let's think thru it some more.

Prices, make them(?)(it'd be an interesting twist), chance of getting, what jobs, etc

DeletedUser

Made prices already... And they will be found by luck of a job. A job with 5% luck probably would give way for a bag of pebbles, but a job with 85% luck could give away a box of copper bullets.

DeletedUser

Sorry, missed that part.

Thx.

What if we made them accessible from any job, but

worse jobs = worse ammo/single pieces or small groups of ammo
good jobs = better ammo and bigger groups, but rarer.

DeletedUser

Due to a lot of melee duelers' complaints about the firearm-dueler's advantages, here goes.
What about all the firearm duelers complaining about the melee duelers' advantages?

So far it appears to me that there are both types on all worlds. Until I see a significant reason why it is not so, I would say the two has each its own distinct advantages at different levels and different jobs, and to keep it as is. If it becomes clear that there is a significant advantage of one (that results in all duelers moving to the advantaged type), then I could start agreeing with ideas changing the respective dueler type advantages. Until then, I would say it is fine as it is.

DeletedUser

I actually think its pretty balanced.

Us melee get pwned, then we get Hernando's Sword ;) That's when we get our payback.

DeletedUser

If you want ranged fighters to buy ammo then I want the melee duelers to have to pay to sharpen their weapon.

DeletedUser

I'd have to say I'm against this topic.

I'm melee, and I still agree with the last post. You'd need to add to both; otherwise everyone would go melee.

Beides, there should be more perks to guns. Its the west; the favored wep was normally a rifle; not a sword/bayonette/knife.

DeletedUser

This is a complicated proposal which would require a handful of changes to the game mechanics. For that reason alone I doubt it will happen. As for the net effect on the game, I don't know. Have to think about it some more. There may be a good idea in here somewhere though. But why do you still persist in using the nonsense phrase "the paper-doll slot"? The paper doll has 7 slots. Calling one of them "the" paper doll slot is equivalent to choosing one of your teeth and calling it "the mouth tooth".

DeletedUser

After thinking about this suggestion some more it sort of seems to me like the wear and tear suggestions we've heard before. We would have to maintain our ammo or the sharpness of melee weapons. We saw how well that went over.

Like Luap I do see a glimmer of a good idea here but I think as it is now it needs scrapped and rethought. If you have one class doing something then the other classes need to have to do something along the same lines. Otherwise it makes the game imbalanced.

DeletedUser

This idea is really bad.

I think the reasons why this idea is bad are so obvious it is unecesary to elaborate.