Allowing abortion with a twist...

• Thread starter David Schofield
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22575

Well, if you don't want to be involved in a car accident, maybe you shouldn't drive (or ride in) cars. Not everyone who becomes pregnant has had unprotected sex - there is no 100% effective form of birth control; even abstinence doesn't help if you end up being raped. I had my tubes cut and burned because I felt that 2 children were enough for me, but 5 years later I ended up in the hospital having a miscarriage. I was told that the tubes do grow back together and make pregnancy possible in about 1 in 1000 cases. The example doesn't say that she is chained to the bed anyway, so she does have the option of getting up and leaving; I believe the purpose was to discuss the moral obligation to sacrifice your own interests for someone who other people may feel is more important.

You are correct about the purpose.

DeletedUser

Well, if you don't want to be involved in a car accident, maybe you shouldn't drive (or ride in) cars. Not everyone who becomes pregnant has had unprotected sex - there is no 100% effective form of birth control; even abstinence doesn't help if you end up being raped. I had my tubes cut and burned because I felt that 2 children were enough for me, but 5 years later I ended up in the hospital having a miscarriage. I was told that the tubes do grow back together and make pregnancy possible in about 1 in 1000 cases. The example doesn't say that she is chained to the bed anyway, so she does have the option of getting up and leaving; I believe the purpose was to discuss the moral obligation to sacrifice your own interests for someone who other people may feel is more important.

ah but as i covered even with birth control its a known fact that no form is 100 % and there is a possiblity of pregnancy

no person anywhere has reason to suspect that driving a car has a possiblity of being forced to be comeones living dialasis machine

and yes no where does it say she was strpped down but she was sedated and tubed up without any say or choice int eh matter

a chemical restraint is still a restraint

DeletedUser22575

ah but as i covered even with birth control its a known fact that no form is 100 % and there is a possiblity of pregnancy

no person anywhere has reason to suspect that driving a car has a possiblity of being forced to be comeones living dialasis machine

and yes no where does it say she was strpped down but she was sedated and tubed up without any say or choice int eh matter

a chemical restraint is still a restraint

Every day someone does something to try and prevent someone else from making choices concerning their own body or that of their family members.

Parents who based on religious beliefs refuse medical treatment for children are taken to court and forced to provide that treatment.

A woman was forced a couple of months ago by court order to undergo a C Section despite her protest. Her Doctor disagreed with her and a court order was obtained. The Judge refused to stay the court order for either an appeal or an independent second medical opinion.

Parents who based on religious beliefs and the healing power of prayer are being charged with murder if a sick child does not obtain the medical care that others belief should be forced on them even if it violates their religious beliefs.

And every day in the United States there is a constant and ongoing effort to "restrain" women from making personal choices about their own body through outlawing their right to choose an abortion if they determine it is in their own personal best interest.

Restraint comes in many forms my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Every day someone does something to try and prevent someone else from making choices concerning their own body or that of their family members.

Parents who based on religious beliefs refuse medical treatment for children are taken to court and forced to provide that treatment.

A woman was forced a couple of months ago by court order to undergo a C Section despite her protest. Her Doctor disagreed with her and a court order was obtained. The Judge refused to stay the court order for either an appeal or an independent second medical opinion.

Parents who based on religious beliefs and the healing power of prayer are being charged with murder if a sick child does not obtain the medical care that others belief should be forced on them even if it violates their religious beliefs.

And every day in the United States there is a constant and ongoing effort to "restrain" women from making personal choices about their own body through outlawing their right to choose an abortion if they determine it is in their own personal best interest.

Restraint comes in many forms my friend.
funny enuff int he case of medical treatmentt agianst religous beleifs if its agianst a christian its been judged agianst he christians but agiasnt muslims its always ruled in favor of the muslims

so you cant base your argument on the hipocracy of a handfull of liberal judges that overstep there bounds

DeletedUser

Hey Yago, did I ever mention I love you? you are one of the wisest persons I know, please do not stop applying your knowledge.

The point made here is clear, the decision is not ours, how are we to know whether a planned-to-be aborted child could either be another Alfred Nobel, but then again he could be another Adolf Hitler. We can't know, and killing the child won't answer that question, or solve the problem, take a pill, wear a condom, or do both and maybe you won't find yourself in the predicament in the first place.

Yup seems like nobody likes prevention... Oh well back to an attempt at preventing what already happened.

DeletedUser

i dont have to believe in other peoples religions to accept that there belief is just as valid as my own
Really? So why don't you follow their religions as well?

Oh right, because their religions are "invalid." Btw, it would help your arguments if you actually used the right words to argue your position.

it doesnt mean i think there beliefs are true or even correct only that there right to believe them is jsut as valid as my right to belive my own
In this argument, you are not arguing the validity of their belief, but their right to have a differing belief. And again, you're using the word, "valid" incorrectly.

i dont accept evolution for example ( at least not macro evolution) as i am a creationist however i accept that athiest are perfectly welcome to believe it to be true
Yeah, here you're getting into the ridiculous, in that evolution is not a belief, nor is it "believed" by atheists. It is a scientific fact/theory, with substantial supporting evidence. In such, it is accepted as a scientific fact/theory by both atheists and persons of varying religions. You can no more disbelieve it than you can disbelieve a ham sandwich. Your unwillingness to accept evolution is based on ignorance, not lack of faith.

i have my beleifs based on my best interpritation of the data presented. just like everyone else to me my beleifs make the most logical sense possible
What data? Also, you're confusing logic with false logic (fallacious reasoning).

but who am i to tell someone else they have no right to choose what they beleive or to say there beleifs have no place in society ? thats the height of arrogance
indeed, so what do you think of gay marriage, abortion, teaching "intelligent design" aka creationism in public schools, stem cell research, women's equality?

You see, it's not as simple as making a claim, you have to back it up by not assaulting the purity of science and allowing people to live their lives as they wish without attempting to impose laws that prejudice.

first and formost the woman in the story didnt participate in behaivior or activity with the known consiquince of the end result
Indeed, shame on that woman for being raped, or that teen girl for having sex with her classmate. Shame on that child for being molested by her stepfather.

furthermore in the case of pregnancy a woman is still fully capable of leading a normal life and continuing work and school unlike the woman int eh story who is chained to a bed with a stranger
In this I agree, pregnant women can continue much of what they did prior to being pregnant, but many things do change and it's not merely a year of their life, it is not without hardships, nor is it perfectly safe (mortality of 1-2 per 10,000, which is a mortality rate more than 100 times that of automobile deaths, and we're not even considering post-pregnancy ailments, including diabetes, Graves disease, autoimmune hypo/hyperactivity, anorectal dysfunction, etc). Beyond that, there is the psychological impact of carrying an unwanted child full-term.

Look, your mistake here is simplifying it into the male's perspective of pregnancy, which constitutes drinking of beer and passing out cigars. Hell, without enforcement of child support the male isn't obligated in any respect, particularly if he gets away with rape.

(and no were not including rape in this seneraio as i pretty sure its been made clear that the vast majority agree with abortion in the case of rape even most religions)
Finally you bring up rape. And, unfortunately for your claim, your particular religion makes it a point to argue against abortion, regardless of causation ("right to life" not, "right to life except in cases of rape").

Yup seems like nobody likes prevention... Oh well back to an attempt at preventing what already happened.
Actually, everyone likes prevention, but prevention has repeatedly been demonstrated to not be 100% effective, particularly because of the very common teen mentality (which follows many into adulthood) of, "it's not going to happen to me." The only reliable form of protection is abstention, good luck with that. Also, let's see how well your "prevention" works against rape/molestation.

DeletedUser

Yeah, here you're getting into the ridiculous, in that evolution is not a belief, nor is it "believed" by atheists. It is a scientific fact/theory, with substantial supporting evidence. In such, it is accepted as a scientific fact/theory by both atheists and persons of varying religions. You can no more disbelieve it than you can disbelieve a ham sandwich. Your unwillingness to accept evolution is based on ignorance, not lack of faith.

I don't believe in evolution. Oh wait I guess that makes it a belief.

In this I agree, pregnant women can continue much of what they did prior to being pregnant, but many things do change and it's not merely a year of their life, it is not without hardships, nor is it perfectly safe (mortality of 1-2 per 10,000, which is a mortality rate more than 100 times that of automobile deaths, and we're not even considering post-pregnancy ailments, including diabetes, Graves disease, autoimmune hypo/hyperactivity, anorectal dysfunction, etc). Beyond that, there is the psychological impact of carrying an unwanted child full-term.

I also agree with this because I have seen people go through with this. Of coarse don't get me wrong there are people who overcome this problem. But I do see a lot who have hardships due to this.

Actually, everyone likes prevention, but prevention has repeatedly been demonstrated to not be 100% effective, particularly because of the very common teen mentality (which follows many into adulthood) of, "it's not going to happen to me." The only reliable form of protection is abstention, good luck with that. Also, let's see how well your "prevention" works against rape/molestation.

Prevention is not the solution to everything, but it can be the solution to a lot and that can't be denied. You can't prevent a rape/molestation. That's just absurd.

DeletedUser

helstrom heres a little information you seem to lack understanding of

val·id (v
abreve.gif
l
prime.gif
ibreve.gif
d)
adj. 1. Well grounded; just: a valid objection.
2. Producing the desired results; efficacious: valid methods.
3. Having legal force; effective or binding: a valid title.
4. Logic a. Containing premises from which the conclusion may logically be derived: a valid argument.
b. Correctly inferred or deduced from a premise: a valid conclusion.

heres a little clue any belief that isnt apperntly and obviously obsurd so the bleeifs of most major religions and evolution are
WELL GROUNDED
and contain the premises from which the conclusion may logicaly be derived therefore they are VALID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

secondly i CLEARLY specified that there are exceptions for rape and mosletations and incsest "Indeed, shame on that woman for being raped, or that teen girl for having sex with her classmate. Shame on that child for being molested by her stepfather" yet you seem to completely ignor that and a teen girl having sex with classmate is still a personal choice with known consiqunce esspecialy since schools start sex ed at pre pubescent ages these days

LASTLY you said "Finally you bring up rape. And, unfortunately for your claim, your particular religion makes it a point to argue against abortion, regardless of causation ("right to life" not, "right to life except in cases of rape"). "

Yet i have CLEARLY stated on MANY occasions that I AM NOT RELIGIOUS , I AM NOT A CHRISTIAN

i am a CREATIONIST

i belive that SOMETHING more powerfull then ourselfs either CREATED US or had an influincing had in our CREATION that is as far as my beliefs go

while ALL christians and muslims are CREATIONISTS not all creationists are christian or muslim or any other form of religion

DeletedUser8950

*snicker*
I can believe in the Flying spaghetti monster creating us, seeing as they're invisible, and they have a holy book, that doesn't make it true.
That's the difference between atheisim and theisim. Atheisim is accepting the facts and getting on with your life. Theisim is refusing to listen to reason, and stubbornly being willfully ignorant to the proof.

Just to reiterate:
And no, evolution and more specfically atheisim are NOT a belief system/religion, however christianity, Judaisim etc are.
I don't base my morals, standards and such around evolution or atheisim. I don't dress in a certain way or eat certain foods because evolution or atheisim tells me to.

DeletedUser

*snicker*
I can believe in the Flying spaghetti monster creating us, seeing as they're invisible, and they have a holy book, that doesn't make it true.
That's the difference between atheisim and theisim. Atheisim is accepting the facts and getting on with your life. Theisim is refusing to listen to reason, and stubbornly being willfully ignorant to the proof.

Just to reiterate:
And no, evolution and more specfically atheisim are NOT a belief system/religion, however christianity, Judaisim etc are.
I don't base my morals, standards and such around evolution or atheisim. I don't dress in a certain way or eat certain foods because evolution or atheisim tells me to.

given the holes in the theory of evolution and hte huge gaps in evidence like the complete lack of a fossil record to support the supposed devolpment of man it takes as much if not more FAITH to beleive in evolution than it does to beleive in some form of creationism

DeletedUser

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Yago06 again.

Darn.

Im glad, hellstromm, that you put a "/theory" because if it was a scientific fact, then it would have to follow the scientific method, the theory of evolution does not follow it. For a theory to be accepted as fact, it must succeed in going through the scientific method. Let's go through it together please.

1. Observe and report.
This part the evolutionists got this part down pat, they observed that some animals are better suited to some environments than others, and they don't believe in God, so there has to be something.
2.Form a hypothisis.
Got it, they believe that species change over time to better suit their habitat and to survive better.
3.recreate the circumstances
This is where it all crashes apart.
They have not been able to recreate how evolution could take place, further, they have tried, and failed. In an effort to mutate flies to a new species with radiation, all they could get was a mutated species, and what is more, with each mutation, the species got weaker, never stronger as evolution states it would. Thus, they disprove themselves.
4.Conclude based on experiments.
In short terms, they lie. They still state it as fact, even though the hypothisis failed the tests. Im still suprised they even call it a "theory".

Im not trying to be insulting, but if it iis scientific, then why does it not follow scientific guidelines?

DeletedUser

indeed, so what do you think of gay marriage, abortion, teaching "intelligent design" aka creationism in public schools, stem cell research, women's equality?

You see, it's not as simple as making a claim, you have to back it up by not assaulting the purity of science and allowing people to live their lives as they wish without attempting to impose laws that prejudice.

not sure if this is the place to discuss all this but to answer your comment

My opinion of gay marrage i personaly se no reason why they shouldnt be afforded the same rights however i have a great alternative solution ( that i wont detail here maybie in its own topic)

abortion im firmly agianst as a form of birth control but i fully accept as needed in cases of rape , incest , or when the mothers life is danger
as for teaching intelligetn design i think it should be adressed breifly and alternative materials should be provided to students upon request ( matrials should be provided by the groups that wish to support there chosen beleif system so tha the schools are not paying to supply them)
stem cell research has many possiblititys but i dont feel that we need to abort babies to further the research
in fact the majority of all the success to date form stem cell research has been from adult stem cells and from cord stem cells no dead babies needed :p

and im not certain what womens equality realy has to do on this list but ill adress it anyways

i fully beleive that ALL people should be treated equaly weather male female or transgender and reguardless of race religion creed or color

which means im FIRMLY agianst affirmative action
all it does is create more unequal treatment just with a differn group at the head

DeletedUser

Allow me to preface this with this statement,

I HATE RAPISTS!

They are disgusting, dispicable, and downright evil people, and since they are sadistic for doing what they do, i feel they should first be casturated and killed. Im sorry, but to do something like that to a woman or anyone makes me sick to my stomach.

However, even if a pregnancy is caused by that, and i know this will make some mad, I don't think that is an exception for taking a life of the innocent one in the picture, the child. It might be hard on the parent and the child, i know, but even so, that child could still have a satisfying life. And if the mother's at risk, still, who are we to decide whom should live? The mother or the child? We can't make that decision, and i understand the pain that there must be for the family of the mother of one of these circumstances. I deeply feel for them. But we are not fit to judge who should live or die.

DeletedUser

Allow me to preface this with this statement,

I HATE RAPISTS!

They are disgusting, dispicable, and downright evil people, and since they are sadistic for doing what they do, i feel they should first be casturated and killed. Im sorry, but to do something like that to a woman or anyone makes me sick to my stomach.

However, even if a pregnancy is caused by that, and i know this will make some mad, I don't think that is an exception for taking a life of the innocent one in the picture, the child. It might be hard on the parent and the child, i know, but even so, that child could still have a satisfying life. And if the mother's at risk, still, who are we to decide whom should live? The mother or the child? We can't make that decision, and i understand the pain that there must be for the family of the mother of one of these circumstances. I deeply feel for them. But we are not fit to judge who should live or die.

at the same tiem while i understand your feelings on this its rather unfair to force a mother relive her torture every miniture for 9 months

DeletedUser

I know, and that is why this world makes me sick, in truth, it's the right thing to do. To kill an unborn child because of what happend is not a sufficient reason to me. I truly hope you guys take this post as it is intended.

DeletedUser

...if the mother's at risk, still, who are we to decide whom should live? The mother or the child? We can't make that decision, and i understand the pain that there must be for the family of the mother of one of these circumstances. I deeply feel for them. But we are not fit to judge who should live or die.

If a pregnancy puts the mother's life in danger, do you really think the fetus will survive after her death to be born later? How do you see it better to lose both the mother and the fetus than to lose the fetus but save the mother?

DeletedUser

Actually, it can, there are many cases i can think of where the mother died while still carrying the child and the baby was saved. the point im making is, how do we know? On may die, both may die, or neither. We all wish for the latter, and granted, it doesn't always happen.

I ask again, please take what I said in the way it was meant, I wish such a thing on no one, but it is a product of this wicked world.

DeletedUser

you can just give birth to the baby rather than killing it T.T Honestly, if you don't have enough money send yer baby at an adoption center if you don't want to care for it.

DeletedUser

you can just give birth to the baby rather than killing it T.T Honestly, if you don't have enough money send yer baby at an adoption center if you don't want to care for it.
in most cases yeah i think this is the best possible option

Status
Not open for further replies.