• 46-50

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • 51-55

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • 56+

Votes: 6 1.8%

• Total voters

DeletedUser

I'm 27, I find a 50+ hard to believe, but I think if that is the case good on ya!.... I hope I'm still on here at that age haha Level 9999999999999 is my goal :D

DeletedUser

Originally Posted by eliel007
Isn't it a bit childish for the aged people to play games?

Ive played wow
IN tribal wars I walked away from a total of50 villages and rimmed most of my grandchildren.\lol they never knew grandma was taking their villages.
I love these games and am enjoying playing the West,
Im 60 and having fun

DeletedUser

To those who think its "odd" for older people to play games (im 58) let me give you food for thought.
I played strategy board war games before there were computers.
I had one of the first Atari 2600s paid over 200 bucks.
As you get older you still have a competitive nature but you are no longer able to compete physically. Therefore you gravitate to other forms of competition --cards/fantasy baseball and computer games.
I also use it as a respite from high pressure job --I never get involved in leading gulds/clans --I have enough responsibility in RL
Its a good way to keep your mind active. My father started playing video games after my mother passed away --he was 76 a wwii combat vet who had been thru the depression. He played games like Final Fantasy and the like.
So as the saying goes your only as old as you act.

DeletedUser

Pochucker we should start an old peoples town only invite over 50s and show these yougsters what we can do.

DeletedUser

LOL, I'm a great-grandmother, will be 62 in Nov. I play all sorts of games. Bought Pong when it first came out. Have had Atari, Nintendo, and Sega. Now, with the exception of Final Fantasy, I play online games.

You don't grow too old to play games, you grow old when you stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Good please don't stop !
Sorry , just leaped out . Sarcasms is so hard to resist .

DeletedUser

I'm 15, more people my age! Cool! Saddly I think a lot of them are guys and teenage boys are a pain in the butt.

DeletedUser4547

Hope I don't end up being the "old man" in town......

Thinks about growing out his beard, getting a rocking chair to put out in front of the saloon, and working on his "crazy laugh" :):)
I ain't ready for no rockin' chair! Them young'uns better watch their step else us old folks shows 'em a thing or two! Age and treachery over come youthfulness and agility!

DeletedUser

I've never really understood the surprise that 'older' people play games online. I mean, what better time to play games online than when you have come to accept that your finest carefree years are behind you, that life has become a piteous lurch from one crisis to another, that the days will be rank with frustration and sweaty with self-deception, the nights a blur of recriminations, the sleeps short and fitful and the jolted awakenings heavy with bottled regret. That your early promise shall go tragically unfulfilled, and that you are eeking out a grim compromise of an existence at the bottom of a bottle of whiskey with a thin-lipped angry woman, that all hope is gone and all light is extinguished, come, sweet death.

And for the record; I represent the late-twenties/early thirties demographic. The run their own business and as a consequence have far too much time to piss away online while underlings are grafting, demographic.

Indeed, as I've found over recent years - there are a hell of a lot of us; the self-employed, the undemanding-job-that-leaves-them-shackled-to-a-desk-and-seek-any-disraction-possible-from-the-unremitting-misery-of-the-working-day, the alcohol dependant and those who are striking a small blow against the tyranny of capitalism by doing, you know, no actual work when they are at work.

In fact, I wonder how much of the current global economic meltdown is caused by the preverbial engine-room of the world economy spending their time playing things such as this, rather than doing what they're paid for. Hmm, now there's an epistemological question to ponder.

Not for me though; I've got a mortitans to build, and a bottle of single-malt to polish off...

DeletedUser

BermondsyDave said:
those who are striking a small blow against the tyranny of capitalism by doing, you know, no actual work when they are at work

That's me! ;)

DeletedUser

I've never really understood the surprise that 'older' people play games online. I mean, what better time to play games online than when you have come to accept that your finest carefree years are behind you, that life has become a piteous lurch from one crisis to another, that the days will be rank with frustration and sweaty with self-deception, the nights a blur of recriminations, the sleeps short and fitful and the jolted awakenings heavy with bottled regret. That your early promise shall go tragically unfulfilled, and that you are eeking out a grim compromise of an existence at the bottom of a bottle of whiskey with a thin-lipped angry woman, that all hope is gone and all light is extinguished, come, sweet death.

And for the record; I represent the late-twenties/early thirties demographic. The run their own business and as a consequence have far too much time to piss away online while underlings are grafting, demographic.

Indeed, as I've found over recent years - there are a hell of a lot of us; the self-employed, the undemanding-job-that-leaves-them-shackled-to-a-desk-and-seek-any-disraction-possible-from-the-unremitting-misery-of-the-working-day, the alcohol dependant and those who are striking a small blow against the tyranny of capitalism by doing, you know, no actual work when they are at work.

In fact, I wonder how much of the current global economic meltdown is caused by the preverbial engine-room of the world economy spending their time playing things such as this, rather than doing what they're paid for. Hmm, now there's an epistemological question to ponder.

Not for me though; I've got a mortitans to build, and a bottle of single-malt to polish off...

You can say that again . Being quite a bit older than late 20's early 30's (don't ask), I myself enjoy getting away from the drama of the "real world" and away from the bills and business and hustle and bustle of the rat race for a short stent at a time

DeletedUser

My parents have always played games like this and I've knowen a lot a older people though games like this so I don't really think it's that big of a deal. And think about this. How many older people do you think are playing the game but won't go to the forum because they people or they just us kids? So the poll only really works for people who come to this forum, not who play the game.