A small change to hotels workings

DeletedUser

Ouadai you didnt give any arguments, your "math" is neither simple or concise, and your conclusions have been drawn from thin air.

That said It is an interesting idea, but very unlikely to go to a vote as it is , the mere fact that there are so many conflicting views towards it in this thread should tell you it needs to be refined.

I think there should be something changed to either discourage or hinder the fight/ sleep /fight / sleep senario , but as this idea goes at the moment I dont think this is the answer.

DeletedUser

MoSa1,

"If you believe that try being a dueller :blink:"
I gave arguements why I'm convinced it is, it is simple math with clear described bounderies when the math and the conclusions apply. Could you addres the math and the bounderies and explain why the game will not shift towards these boundaries?

Easily. Stats prove anything.

Example:

Damage taken in my last duel - 367

Now a duel takes 10 minutes. So 367 x 12 (2 hours) = 4,404.

When was the last time you took 4,404 damage in any 2 hour job assignment?

I as a dueler have to sleep a lot more then I would if I was still an adventurer working jobs because you take a hell of a lot more damage when dueling.

To degrade to personal experiences: I play a soldier and hunted someone down who was sleeping most of the time on occasions that I was online for my mayor recently. It was a pointless and extremely boring exercise of working & waiting close to his town for about 36 hours until he wasn't asleep at some time. I pitty those who have to hunt down a hit & hide player, because they can be doing this days at a row without any chance of succes besides internet breakdown on the lamers side.

Yet I have seen people take campers out, once you figure out how you'll understand why we think it's so easy.

DeletedUser

The problem is that anyone can duel you in your town and then duck into the hotel. So even if your in their town and see them awake it's already to late as you have to wait the 10 min. to attack them, but when your counter gets to zero they are already ducked back in automatically. To stop this from happening I think there should be time limit greater then 10 min so that you have to wait to go back into a hotel and it should increase in length each time you duck back in (kind of the way leaving towns works).

Say it was set that you could not re-enter a hotel for 20min after you left a hotel, this gives someone already in your town a 10 minute window with which to attack you (10 min it takes to initiate the duel + the 10 min window to see you awake). You duel someone and duck back in it now takes 30 minutes to go back in. After a 2 hour period it goes back down 10, this way people doing jobs won't be effected.

DeletedUser

FurryIcecubes,

Thank you for explaining what MoSa1 stated. I must admit that I haven't reached the level where one wins an attack with 367 healthloss yet, but that also might have to do with the fact that dueling is about 5% of what I do. Your argument would be a good reason to tweak a lot of the numbers in my suggestion, if not for the fact that even the fundaments of my suggestion are unlikely to turn into a poll.
BigDawg explained why hit & hide is so extremely succesfull and I pitty you telling that it can already be countered already, but not how. I'm extremely curious.

BigDawg,

Your idea would mean that in stead of checking every 5 minutes for 8 hours, one would have to check every 30 minutes. Still a lot.

Below I'll offer an alternative suggestion (completely different from my first!)

Ambush

When someone is asleep, one is unable to duel the person. My suggestion is to allow the first attacker that wants to duel a person that is asleep to duel the person.

By doing that he goes into ambush:
* A duel takes place instantly after the defender comes out of sleep, even if there's another hotel sit following in the queue. Note that this is without the 10 minutes regular waiting time.
* The attacker might have to wait an awful lot of time. For that the attacker should get some compensation. My suggestion would be to give the defender -5 tactics (still to sleepy, he just woke up).
* The ambush job can not be cancelled. Without this the friends ambushing and canceling last minute loophole would be created which would block other people willing to ambush.

DeletedUser

Didnt read the whole thread so not sure if this was suggested already but why not just have it if someone duels in YOUR town, that you can duel them back if they are sleeping in YOUR hotel.

Maybe an 8 hour time frame (could even be 1 or 2 hours for that matter) after they duel one of your town members that you can duel them while they sleep in your towns hotel. If they move on to another town then sleep in their hotel, then you need to wait for them to leave the hotel to duel them.

This makes it easier to retaliate against them for camping and trying to avoid being dueled at the same time by dueling then ducking into your hotel real quick.

This can cause problems in terms of 2 towns being real close and the dueler leaving your town for a town 10 minutes away to use their hotel, but it also will give you 30 minutes (10 minutes they are waiting on the duel, plus 10 minutes x2 for traveling) to catch them not sleeping as opposed to 10 minutes where they only wait for the duel itself then immediately sleep.

If they want to duel in your town and then sleep in your town, they arent protected like normal.

DeletedUser

Or otherwise just make it so that you are not allowed to sleep in a foreign town's hotel for 8 hours after the last duel you had in that specific town.

DeletedUser5046

id say te monkey is right about your OWN town being safe and only sleeping in other town will have te dueling while sleeping be available...BUT if your town is a haven for adventurers wouldnt it be nice to let them know they are 100% safe? if a thief or a bandit duels them while they are sleeping in your town, then it can also be said tat te bandit also took what is supposed to be on te bank for te payment on sleeping in te hotel.

DeletedUser

ya know.. im almost thinking that maybe just not build a hotel at all... yeah that would solve it. [end sarcasm]

DeletedUser14280

What if when you slept in a hotel, for the first hour/half-hour, you were still vunerable to duels.
What if it didn't apply to your home town?

What if when you were sleeping, and someone wanted to duel you,
a reservation for their duel was kept until after your stay in the hotel?
Then the duel could automatically be started as soon as the dueler in question woke up.

DeletedUser

Actually I think Ragin Redhead just had a novel idea. Seriously think about that. Ultimately though I like the cat and mouse/hit and sleep game. EVERYONE can do that. And has already been mentioned there are ways to combat that technique.

Heres another idea though, just to maintain the spirit of this thread. How about if the town builder gets to chose what levels they want to build in their hotel?

DeletedUser14280

Could you imagine the state of a hotel that didn't have a janitor's closet?

DeletedUser

Actually I think Ragin Redhead just had a novel idea. Seriously think about that. Ultimately though I like the cat and mouse/hit and sleep game. EVERYONE can do that. And has already been mentioned there are ways to combat that technique.

Heres another idea though, just to maintain the spirit of this thread. How about if the town builder gets to chose what levels they want to build in their hotel?

They already can. Its called clicking 'build the tailor' if they dont want to level up the hotel. Its called clicking 'build the hotel' if they do want to level up the hotel.

Edit: If you mean build a level 5 hotel before ever building 1-4 then just... no.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

just an idea. still, if you never build your hotel then no one can sleep/duel in your town. It would be effective.

DeletedUser

exactly, not building a hotel in your own town sets up an offensive town built expressly for attacking and camping.

DeletedUser14280

I just thought of something, with the whole duel & dodge tactic.
With the exception of adventurers, doesn't it cost at least $10 everytime you dodge a duel?
That could rack up quite a bit.

Of course, the solution to that would be for the town to receive the money, as taxes.
Has that been mentioned before?

DeletedUser

yes it has been mentioned that towns should make money off of hotel usage.

DeletedUser

As already pointed multiple times by lots of people, the simplest solution would be:

just add x minutes delay before your actual sleep

Example: (x=5)

When you press that "Sleep" button in a town where your character currently stand, the countdown timer will start at 08:05:00 (ie. 8h 5 min). Your actual sleep will start at 07:59:59. Lets call that 5 min delay as booking-procedure or something.

I guess additonal five minutes window is more than enough for group of fighters to challenge the campers, and waiting five minutes to sleep in your own hotel is not long enough to make you complain either.

Developers just need to add x minutes in the starting countdown, just like they add travelling-time when a player is intended to sleep in far-away hotel.

I can't think any simpler & more practical solution other than this.