A question of Blackmail

DeletedUser

bk200 .. I'm betting in real life you would give the shirt off your back to a friend if they needed it. :)

DeletedUser

I've been reading this with some interest and my opinion (its only an opinion) is that its just a game and its a get away from real life. So anything is game.

However, it does raise one proposal. I think sherriffs have been talked about. But if we had a facility to appoint sherrifs and deputies then maybe that would help and reflect what actually happened back then. For example:

- Need to build a sherrif's office.
- the 10 levels of the sherrif's office give increasing benefits; level 1 = appointed sherrif has 10% chance of intercepting an attack and standing in instead of the intended victim, level 2 = 20% (or say 19% so that at level 10 there is still only a 90% chance - the baddies have some chance of getting away with something undetected!)
- The sherrif & deputies can be appointed from the towns people, or from computer generated AI ones - have to pay for these out of the bank (adds a bit of work to it)
- The office levels give the opportunity to appoint an extra deputy say at levels 3, 6 & 10. They also have chances of intercepting, but its alot lower.
- The sherrif has to rest up after so many shoot outs in a day, hence deputy number 1 can then step in, etc, etc

Also it might be fun, I can see the sherrif getting peppered like a tea bag standing over a mound of confetti - lol

Anyway - what do you think ?

Hoos

DeletedUser

Sounds interesting to me. It would add more too the game that way... make it more like the west really was.

I also think that it should be the only way you can duel is if the other person is actually online in the game. That would bring it to more of a level playing field.

DeletedUser

Yeah nut it would also get a lot harder to duel(imo).i agree with the sheriff why not post it in the development section?

DeletedUser

I like that i idea too. If im correct theres a nice little space between the mortician and that shack where you can fit the sheriffs office. This way i dont think it would be too hard for them to implement the upgrade.

DeletedUser

I think the Sheriffs Office is already there ... I think thats what the building that sits in the center of town is.

DeletedUser

Well it's a mute point, as the back alley is now a ghost town and we are relocating down by Smittenkitten... Seemed like a pretty good option. :)

Smart move. Only option.

You had absolutely no future were you were.

Congrats and Jubilations!

DeletedUser

sooner or later their dueling level will be too far up to bother you any longer and another option is take all your weapons off and put the cash in the bank. Duel one of them till you KO yourself this way you can work in peace for 48 hours.

DeletedUser

Smart move. Only option.

You had absolutely no future were you were.

Congrats and Jubilations!

Thanks! We are loving it where we are now. So calm and peaceful, with really cool neighbors who've all been very nice and welcoming. :laugh: ;)

DeletedUser

Domination is the most powerful town an alliance with them can even the odds

DeletedUser

We'd be happy to form an alliance with any town bk - If Domination wants to we are more than agreeable. :D

DeletedUser

wow so glad to hear you decided to move i agree there was no future in staying there i wish you and your town all the best :)

DeletedUser

and next time start early in a world so this will not happen to you

DeletedUser

i know and your town is also allied with me and will you duel or just live peacefully in this world