A question of Blackmail

DeletedUser

Hello - I’m rather new to this game and have encountered a situation from a neighboring town and was wondering if this was the general concept behind this game -

Our town, The Back Alley, is built fairly close to a town called Builders Town in world seven. Recently there members have started attacking our members in duels. We have yet to build a Mortuary and are unable fight back. Now while we accept that this is a part of the game, we however objected to the fact that none of there members would attack any of our members unless our dueling skills were several levels below there’s. And the same members of Builders Town would continually attack the same members of our town who happen to be our workers and not the “soldiers”, repeatedly even though they had already challenged and defeated the much weaker opponent.

We contacted Skip - who at first agreed with us that the attacks were uncalled for and fully unfair, and agreed to take care of the situation. He later let us know that the members of his town objected to this, and today we were contacted with this demand:

Skip Today at 6:26 PM
Ok here is our proposition, If one of your town members would like to join our town and deposit $500 and then go back to your town, then we will leave you all alone. If you do not agree to this, then the dueling will be allowed to go on however each player decides. This was the consensus from the members. What do you have to say to it?

Skip Today at 8:07 PM
Oh and my town members are willing to offer their protection of your towns members for an additional $500. If you are attacked by other players, our soldiers/duelers will hunt them down and kill them for you....

So please, tell me if this is the general poor sportsmanship we can expect to encounter in this game? I’m sorry, but when we as a group decided to join this game we thought it was a game of challenge that leveled around the basic concept skill and dare and hard work. Not the basic concept of schoolyard bullies attacking the weakest link to destroy and then extort money from fellow players to a.) stop attacking and b.) become the big protectors. Had we wanted to encounter that sort of play we would have looked for something that centered around the concept of organized crime.

I apologize if I have offended anyone with this post, I just didn’t know where else to go to ask if this was something that was allowed within the game.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone may be able to give to me.

Best regards,
SadieJane

DeletedUser

I'm new here my self. but from what I've seen no this is not what usually go on. Seem as those this town need to be reported if you ask me as I don't thank it with in the rules to black meal a anyone. Hope this all got work out. Good luck.

DeletedUser

Thank you for your advice Moonsc, how do I go about reporting the town?

DeletedUser

mmmm, good question. Look a round ya here we go. When you in game on world 7 go to setting>supported>switch the Type: from bugs to Rule braking and post what you post here to the supported team. Once again good luck.

DeletedUser

Once again, thank you Moonsc!!! I have just submitted the report. :)

DeletedUser

This is completely legal. I don't see why it wouldn't be. You have the following options.

1) Move towns.
2) Join an existing town for protection.
3) Let them extort you.
4) Level up and fight back.

Stop crying, it's a game.

DeletedUser

I'm glad this isn't going on at our end of World 7. So far we have a nice group of people around us. :)

Hope it all works out for you. Just my opinion but it's lame for them to attack such a small town. :sad:

DeletedUser

Fully aware of the fact that it's a game... but as I have a poor view of school yard bullies and poor sportsmanship, I decided to find out if it was against the rules ...

Here's the deal... I need to know where I stand rule wise... now... if it's legal we will accept it and continue on our happy little way... if it's illegal we will fight it tooth and nail and still continue on our happy little way. Simple as that.

As for crying - let me point out that it tends to be a different opinion when the situation is parked in your backyard... I'd say that you would be asking the same question then Vos.

Though I do hope you have a nice day. :)

Edit: We must have posted at the same time Smitten Kitten - thank you for your support!

DeletedUser

well if any of you have played tribal war there is concept of farming its just like this and i am also doing this makes a lot of money
bk200 wins the duel, gains 44 experience points and steals $75 from iceman212.

bk200 wins the duel, gains 7 experience points and steals $98 from edward357.

DeletedUser

This is completely legal. I don't see why it wouldn't be. You have the following options.

1) Move towns.
2) Join an existing town for protection.
3) Let them extort you.
4) Level up and fight back.

Stop crying, it's a game.

Vos, SadieJane belongs to town of a total of 5 members. The attacking town has 48 members and all but maybe 3 are a lot higher in levels then they are. You can't think that's fair ... or maybe you can .. seeing as to how you're a dueler.

And she isn't crying she was asking a valid question.

SadieJane .. I think sportsmanship flew out the window years ago in these games. Very few have any sense of what it even is or means.

If your town decides to move .. it's fairly peaceful down where we are in the bottom right hand corner of the world. :) We'd be more then happy to have you as neighbors or even members, once we get more residences built.

DeletedUser

well if any of you have played tribal war there is concept of farming its just like this and i am also doing this makes a lot of money
bk200 wins the duel, gains 44 experience points and steals $75 from iceman212.

bk200 wins the duel, gains 7 experience points and steals $98 from edward357.

We got no problem with duels, In world 7 I am a Duel. It the black meal I have a problem with and that way I say about reporting.

DeletedUser

Thank you SmittenKitten - I will bring that up to our members and see what they say. :D

DeletedUser

This is not blackmail, its extortion. In any game where you are dealing with real people you have to expect tactics of all kinds, espesially dirty tactics. Vos is correct as to your options. They aren't exploiting any bugs in the system, they are just taking advantage of their situation, its not against the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

what done to Sadjane is wrong the town i used to farm are equal to mine in no. and level and i am a worker and duel with duelers and 48 on 5 is really bad but you could deafeat them with brains not power see if they have an enemy or talk to town who also suffer from them and together kick them back.
my town is also attacked by a town and that town;rank is top 5 and mine 212 but we have a lvl 21 dueling skill player who kicked him and steal 230$ and after that no attack is done to our town.

DeletedUser

Old Magee - From reading over the rules - I don't see where the issue was clearly defined either. Forgive me if I happen to have a larger sense of morals and decency then the members of Builder's Town seem to have - however, I have written about the issue to those in the support area, we shall see how they respond.

As I have stated in a post in this thread, if by chance this sort of piss poor sportsmanship is allowed in the game, then I and the other four members of my town will fully accept it. Though I highly doubt we will bow to the demands of fools, at least not if I have anything to say about it anyway.

And as I fully suspect that your a member of Builders Town, as you only joined when I, believing in fair play, sent a telegram to your founding member Skip to warn him that I was indeed posting this issue to the open forum and thereby allowing the members of Builder's Town a chance to add there say to the issue ... let me just warn you that you may be the biggest bullies in the playground today, but life has a way of turning it around and giving back what was given out.

Edit to add: Thank you for the advice bk200 - I will pass on your advice to my fellow players :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh, c'mon....it's a freakin GAME ppl! I mean seriously! In real life, we all have to play the hand we are dealt. Why should it be any different in a game!?!? Life isnt fair...so why should life in a game be? You always have the options already stated.

DeletedUser

I have also seen this posted before...maybe you should try this game! http://www.west-hugs.net/

I just wanted to warn you too...posting this up in the forum MAY not endear you to your opposers...you may want to "batten down the hatches" and start recruiting some duelers/soldiers. I also see you have your hotel built...remember, they can now camp out in your town.

DeletedUser10931

Offer 500 $ to a bigger town than yours to attak that town that is bugging u

DeletedUser

I have also seen this posted before...maybe you should try this game! http://www.west-hugs.net/

I just wanted to warn you too...posting this up in the forum MAY not endear you to your opposers...you may want to "batten down the hatches" and start recruiting some duelers/soldiers. I also see you have your hotel built...remember, they can now camp out in your town.

Yes, that may well happen. However, wouldn't you say that if they did pull that stunt - it would only serve to display the depth of the level they would sink to play a game? True colors and all.

And adorable link... seriously, I laughed out loud. Very funny.