A question of Blackmail

DeletedUser

Plan on living peacefully in this world. We're the peaceful type LOL, but no worries. Need any help holler and we'll be there! ;)

DeletedUser

:eek:hmy: The whole area?

You're a man of big dreams bk, not a bad thing! :laugh:

DeletedUser

I got this out of the help area.... a few of the things on the list really stand out for me and I have bolded them... I think these are things that could really help to keep someone from being constantly tormented?

The defender has to be member of a town
The challenger has to be member of a town. This town also needs a mortician.
The challenger has to visit the town of the defender. The defender does not have to be in his town.
The challenger needs at least 12 energy points
Both players have to be able to gain experience points from the duel. These are calculated from the dueling level.
You may not challenge the same player more than once per hour.
The defender may not have been knocked out within the last 48 hours.
The challenger may not have been knocked out within the last 48 hours.
The defender cannot be sleeping in a hotel.

these things plus putting every dollar you get in the bank and in the treasury and immediately spending that money on upgrading buildings (probably your bank first) and then adding more to the treasury... should help to dodge some of the attacks but not all of course

our neighbors use our hotel all the time... the 10 dollars it costs them to stay there for 8 hours should be worth it to dodge an attack I think?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

there is also another way to prevent a player from dueling you in future
Beat him in duel

DeletedUser

After reading the responses in thread, i've found many of them interesting and its allowed me to interpret what type of game "The West" is and the direction it may possibly go.

This blackmail attempt by this other town is seen by some as this horrid thing that should never be done. While some others say its something to be expected in online games.

I just wonder how many of the people posting here have played games like Eve Online, World of Warcraft, Ragnarok Online and et cetera. Where guild/group politics ending in these types of situations was not just something uncommon but expected at times.

I'll admit when I did play World of Warcraft, I was part of a guild that when we felt another guild on the opposite faction insulted us or slighted our name we would research/spy to find their raiding times and then camp their guild members during them to lower morale in addition to group camping any members we found on an individual basis and about three guilds who chose to defy us disbanded through this attrition method.

And that is mild compared to Eve Online, there are whole corporations that only purpose is to undermine the work of other groups who "think" they are safe.

However from what I have seen here and encountered in my own little town in world 7 it seems that people have sort of lean toward a non-competitive philosophy with others for the most part. There may be the occasional duel here or there but there isn't as much group targeting/conflict as such as there is in the larger MMORPGS.

To any of you other people here who have played heavy PVP based MMORPGS i'd love to hear your thoughts as well. Personally, I believe having played this games has given me a bias that does not carry the expectations of a certain code of conduct as some who may have not played those games do.

DeletedUser

Relocate was best move.

Althought you could have try to make mortician and fight back. Like lying that you need gather money for paying protection and they at first have to stop attacking. And then build mortician and attack same way their workers.

You could also send your best dueler, join their town and supposedly to pay attacks to stop and for protection, but instead paying, start attacking large towns on behalf of their town, preferably their allies. Maybe also sending threat telegrams on behalf of their town to bigger towns. To make turmoil in their towns.

Few other options which came my mind.

DeletedUser

As much as I hate it when this happens, and I feel the same way as you, it is part of the game and you have to accept that. It's not as bad as tribalwars, and I know that is a seperate game, but in tribalwars the big tribes completely destroy smaller tribes. In the west, at least they can't make you start over completely.

DeletedUser

No one ever said life was fair ... game or in real life ... there's always things that are unfair no matter what a person does to try and prevent it. :)

DeletedUser

We could always make one giant alliance to help balance the power the super towns have. Especially those towns in W7 not content with one town but seem to be making more and more every day. It's an idea and a good one in my opinion. We need an umbrella name for the alliance and then the more towns involved the better. We seek out towns that are being farmed unfairly and ask them if they want in. It's all the little guys against the few giant ones. Im an active player and on just about every few hours. If anyone is interested message me in game.

Its Zombie Girl. I've spoken with a few about it and the buzz is growing. It could just be what we need to make W7 a real threat to those who've had it easy so far.

DeletedUser

hey if you need a dueler in w7 i am ready just tell me which town to attack and giant alliance is a good idea except when a more large alliance come