2012 U.S. Presidency

DeletedUser

Not sure if I posted this link before, but we need to change the bureaucratic system, not the puppet president.

DeletedUser

There is no good choice. The presidency is just a puppet for corporate conglomerates as is the whole government. There is no good politician and even if there was, they don't have the power to change things, and if they did it would corrupt them.

DeletedUser15641

Hmm since they are all puppets then why do you guys vote ?

Maybe for a surprising thing you don't vote @all :blink:.

DeletedUser

It's typical to say there's no good choice, but reviewing Obama's track record over these past three years, and considering what he was left with, I would say he's done quite a bit of good for the U.S. citizenry. In respectful examination, Mitt Romney (the GOP Presidential candidate) has a good record of fiscal success (particularly his turnaround of the 2002 Olympics event in Utah) and his health mandate for Massachusetts was the basis for what was later applied nationally by the 111th Congress.

My major concern with Mitt Romney is that he's going to be facing Democratic, Republican and Tea Party Republican opposition when he's in office. It is unlikely he will get much done if he becomes the U.S. President, precisely because of that. In contrast, Obama has been able to get a lot done despite extreme Republican & Tea Party Republican opposition.

DeletedUser

How is Bush's performance at all relevant? Bush was a better president than Grant, does that mean we should amend the Constitution to get Bush a third term?

DeletedUser

There is a reason Ron Paul and Mitt Romney lost last time. They're not true conservative Republicans.
Just remembering this quote from a staunch Republican in an earlier post. This is what Mitt Romney is up against, a rigid feeling in the GOP that Romney is a faux conservative, a Republican in party name only.

How is Bush's performance at all relevant? Bush was a better president than Grant, does that mean we should amend the Constitution to get Bush a third term?
Hmm, not sure who you're asking or what this is in reference to, but if I may chime in.

Bush Jr's previous performance in office is relevant only in respect to the GOP (Republican Party) not acknowledging the gross errors and deceptions posed by that administration. The GOP fully supported Bush's administration that thrust us into two false wars, failed to target Osama and Al Qaeda, advocated the unchecked (in the trillions of dollars, click here) bailout of unscrupulous banks and lending agencies that were largely responsible for the real estate collapse, and imposed policies that resulted in a direct $5.07 trillion dollar deficit that ballooned into additional trillions of dollars over the past few years as a result of said policies, which the GOP is "still" advocating (such as the tax cut for the wealthy). Indeed, Bloomberg News determined it cost the U.S. almost $13 trillion dollars to "rescue" the economy, and yet the GOP blames it all on Obama.

I don't believe Bush's performance history has any other relevancy. It merely stands as a black eye that the Republicans do not acknowledge, instead covering it with make-up and, should anyone bring it up, blame it on the black guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Romney was a frat-brat bully who, from the safety of his gang, persecuted and abused a schoolmate whom they considered effeminate.
Conveniently he doesn't "recall" the incident, while simultaneously dismissing it as a "prank". In my experience when politicians cannot "recall" or "recollect" incidents, it means that it defnitely happened but they don't think it can be proved. Otherwise they would just say it was untrue. How can you not remember assaulting someone? Only maybe by doing it so often and casually that individual incidences become blurred.
And then to apologise for any "offence" given, as though it's the fault of the victim and their friends and family for being so sensitive? What a piece of work .:p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hehe, a small point, but it will lose him votes, as there are more ex-victims than ex-bullies out there.

I recently saw some political ads, and I can pretty much say Romney is looking at an excruciatingly painful battle. With his closing of production facilities in the U.S. and his shipping of jobs overseas, his undisclosed Swiss bank account, and a few other painful points, I just don't see how he's going to win the votes, particularly when you compare that to 4.3 million new jobs, a stabilization of the economy, installment of credit/lending protections, ending the war in Iraq, and taking out Bin Ladin. Hard sell...

DeletedUser

The fact that Obama is a minority doesn't hurt either, at least when it comes to voters who don't pay attention to politics much.

DeletedUser

Well, so is Romney. He's a Mormon, the second most hated religion in the U.S. (second only to the Muslim religion). TBH, being a minority doesn't help. What helps is all the racism that popped up over the past three years. It demonstrated to many that racism in the U.S. is far from muted and still requires ample attention to combat. This helps because it motivates many to vote for Obama just to make a point that blatant and nationally destructive racism is unacceptable.

DeletedUser17143

When it comes down to it, the Republicans are going to struggle because in general they are all rich . And with the current economic climate, no one really likes the rich people who are just out to help the rich. The people can relate to Obama better than they can to any Republican candidate. It probably doesn't help that the last president had the intelligence of a spoon. The Republicans will struggle to recover from that hash up.

DeletedUser

Well, don't forget, lots of spoonlets voted that spoon in....and they're still around........

DeletedUser17143

Those spoonlets voted him in... twice. They should have been gassed. Lets be honest.

DeletedUser16008

Lets face it, when you have a choice of whats been on the table for the last few elections its hardly surprising, whatever spoon gets in its still a spoon.

DeletedUser563

Well as stuff go now I would say you should vote issues rather than parties. As to Bush I dont think your current government is any better. Who the hell are you to tell other countries from who they may buy oil? That being said I still think Obama is going to win . Simply because you like the idea of him. You can figure yourself out what I mean by that but lets just say winning the Nobel Peace Price without actually doing diddly squat in the face of other candidates like Morgan Tsvangirai( who risked their life for freedom) just proves this concept.