1.36 world migration - discussion

DeletedUser

I was so excited to finally have migration open up that I foolishly moved my w9 character to w12, which was where my Arizona character was supposed to go. W9 was supposed to go to Colorado. Epic fail. Especially since Colorado is not an option from any of the other worlds I play on...
Migration is final.

DeletedUser

First lot of migration has taken place it seems, seeing a few new faces in the worlds i play. :)

DeletedUser

I was so excited to finally have migration open up that I foolishly moved my w9 character to w12, which was where my Arizona character was supposed to go. W9 was supposed to go to Colorado. Epic fail. Especially since Colorado is not an option from any of the other worlds I play on...

Ouch, that sucks. You seemed to be looking forward to migration more than anyone in this thread.

Deleted User - 1278415

After 1 day of migration the numbers are

World 1 4313
World 2 1120
World 3 1075
World 4 1072
World 5 1057
World 6 6209
World 7 1059
World 8 1163
World 9 1139
World 10 1841
World 11 3525
World 12 4682
World 13 Arizona 16002
World 14 Briscoe 4754
World 15 Colorado 5825

It will be interesting to see how the numbers dwindle after a week or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Is migration being done once each day, or is it multiple times a day?

I'd just like to know so I don't hit the migrate button hours upon hours in advance.

DeletedUser

All characters set on migration will only migrate effectively at midnight each night server time.:D

Bad Billy Jack

Question on the migrating process.

OK, we hit transfer & what happens to our character from other's point of view? Player disappears? Profile changes from Active to Migrating? Can player be dueled while in limbo until midnight server time? Do players pop up in new world on duel block? <g>

DeletedUser

maybe it would also help for the 90% that doesn't read the forums here, that there would be some sort of ingame announcement?

Deleted User - 1278415

Question on the migrating process.

OK, we hit transfer & what happens to our character from other's point of view? Player disappears? Profile changes from Active to Migrating? Can player be dueled while in limbo until midnight server time? Do players pop up in new world on duel block? <g>

I would say no to being dueled on the new world for sure since you wont have a town.

Im unsure what happens on your current world. However if you are really worried about it then disjoin your current town then migrate. Then you can only be dueled if you have a wanted poster on you.

It would be interesting to test, I suggest telling an alliance mate... one who can relay a message via other worlds to you and have them check the saloon of your old world town and see what your status is after you hit migrate.

Bad Billy Jack

Thank You all for your replies!

What I really wanted to know in addition to dueling, was how to tell if a player is in the migrating process & also how to tell a new migrating player has arrived in a new world. I have been clicking on some suspects & it appears that if they don't put something on their profiles, we would never know, except for profile reports that no longer work for new arrivals.

This is for tracking migration patterns and since player numbers would be current + new accounts + arrivals - left, that number might not tell us much.

DeletedUser

except for profile reports that no longer work for new arrivals.

Even that doesn't tell us anything. They could have just deleted the report manually. It wouldn't be the first time I looked at a report link that had been deleted and was still in their profile.

DeletedUser

i deleited my player from colorado to bring my player from briscoe and when i wanted to migrate only worlds i could go to was 11,12 and arizona,does this mean i have to start a new player again in colorado or will they fix this so people from briscoe can go to colorado,all my friends are in colorado,i just wanted to see how was the dueler player and made one in briscoe but barely know people there,i feel kinda lonely wihtout my friends :unsure:

DeletedUser15641

You need to wait 5 days...or speed it up by using support.You could cancel the deletion since it needs 5 days...if you delete it perm than you will need to start over....

DeletedUser

i migrated that player to w1 and put it on deleite,if they can't help me i just start over again or just delete my players and quit,depends on my mood.

DeletedUser15641

Well you could remigrate i think.just make a support ticket and they will help you out it might be a bug.

To do that click on options than click on support.According to the list you can't go to colorado from w11-14.

Last edited by a moderator: