Hints on the update 1.30 from new TW-times

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

New TW-Times was released yesterday (sorry for a day of delay with this info, I was busy), and you can check it whole here:
http://www.twtimes.de/ausgaben/aktuell/twtimes.pdf

It lists everything we already know so... I'm kinda disappointed. :(
Well I agree to you... while writing the article, i just thought about adding some special information to it - eg sense of the new chests etc - but i didnt want to do this, because the article was too big so far.

Moreover I decided to leave The West - no more Micky1992, no more questsolving and so on. Next months, it will be the last time to read some articles written by me in the TW-Times. But maybe I decide to continue Times-work ;)

DeletedUser

Well I agree to you... while writing the article, i just thought about adding some special information to it - eg sense of the new chests etc - but i didnt want to do this, because the article was too big so far.

Moreover I decided to leave The West - no more Micky1992, no more questsolving and so on. Next months, it will be the last time to read some articles written by me in the TW-Times. But maybe I decide to continue Times-work ;)

Sorry about your ban,you should just restart and learn from your mistakes?
I think the community will miss you :(
I doubt you will find it in your heart to keep writing articles for long but not play the game,without playing the fire will die out,there wont be any passion.

To get back to the subject at hand though:1.3 is clearly one of the best update to come by far imo,only the fort patch a while ago might have a bigger impact.
1.3 is huge.

Yes i think 1.3 could have shined brighter if the dueler class had a better upgrade but other than that i am very exited about it.

DeletedUser

Another thing... Just a rumor actually... We don't have wikilea... um... betaleaks...

Seems that pants and belts affected shops, so now each building level provides only 1 item of a certain type of clothes. Which means no more two different bandanas in gen. store level 1, but just one bandana.
Dunno yet if it's true.

DeletedUser

Another thing... Just a rumor actually... We don't have wikilea... um... betaleaks...

Seems that pants and belts affected shops, so now each building level provides only 1 item of a certain type of clothes. Which means no more two different bandanas in gen. store level 1, but just one bandana.
Dunno yet if it's true.

You will have 1 bandana, 1 belt and a donkey at a level 1 general store.

Also you can find the product gold dust at 'prospecting' ;)

DeletedUser25707

You will have 1 bandana, 1 belt and a donkey at a level 1 general store.

Also you can find the product gold dust at 'prospecting' ;)
So what does that mean... that building shops in new towns become practically useless? Because with 2 items per type per level there was still a rather big chance you'll get mostly useless items in your shop... with only 1 per type per level... that becomes even harder.

DeletedUser

How can it be useless? Even if you don't get many nice items in shops... You still need buildpoints for forts. ;)

DeletedUser

Not necessary. There are still updates going on everyday and it seems that something is coming back to normal as you get 2 belts per level. But I think maybe not every shop level you get 2 items of same type. We have to wait until this get settled. ;)

DeletedUser

Each day brings more news...
I said before that there is at least 1 new job.
There are more new jobs to come. Let's hope one has 99% classic luck factor and difficulty less than 100. I'm too optimistic, I know. ;)

DeletedUser

We all want a job that "pays off huge" but not a really difficult one. Lets all be optimistic. And I hope we do get jobs where we can obtain or re-obtain usable items.

DeletedUser

Bring on new jobs :D I dont care how hard they are or what cash/XP they offer just aslong as I can use one of the many really expensive clothing I brought doing the job. Be nice to use them on more than 1 or 2 jobs :)

DeletedUser

Righty... More news... Yep... more... ;)

Two from devblog (http://devblog.the-west.net/):

1. Fort battles statistics won't be added to rankings yet. :( But is planned as a future addition. Finally!
zet said:
We have no certain planned features for 1.31, but reworking the ranking tables and including fort fights and extending statistics for each most important category (xp, duels, fort fights) each for alliances, towns and individuals is in my opinion an overdue improvement to the gameplay. We do collect already statistics on fort battle statistics for each player, but we do not yet use it. So when we’ll introduce such a feature, you don’t have to worry about your current and past progress (these stats do not date back to the start of the battles, but it’s in the game for quite some time now).

2. Chat gets improved a bit in 1.30, so we can color each line, an example:
devshot-119-colors.png

And one rumor... Seems they're still working on duelers, seems that dueling motivation restoring for duelers in 1.30 will be increased (doubled). Can't confirm this one though. :(

DeletedUser

So if this ball thing is a product which it is and now that we may have more quests and new jobs added, its interesting really. Its not the crystal ball for the old Gypsy. I do have a feeling that its a cannonball. My wild guess, it may look like one but I could be wrong.

got one like that when i opened christmas calander (dont know if that the right word) one day to late

DeletedUser

There's already a section for pants and belts on tw-db.com. Also lot's of pictures, but no stats, names etc.

DeletedUser

Seems that through this whole thread we got every single piece of news on update 1.30. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned that one, but if not, the tutorial is changed, so new players won't have to put 1 skillpoint to useless swimming. ;)

So let's say we summed up everything... Except one thing.
What about new quest(s)? There is not even a single clue if there is any new quest (except the tutorial, but that's not a real quest, right?).
Luckily for us, a rumor, yes again a rumor, is that beta server with level 99ers will get the update 1.30 - today. :D
C'mon beta testers, tell us if there is a new quest. Please don't spoil us here what jobs/products/items/whatnot is involved. Just share with us if there is any new quest or not.

EDIT:
Lemme correct myself, it's not a rumor anymore, dev confirmed it:
http://devblog.the-west.net/?m=20101206&lang=en

Ok, we updated Alamogordo (Beta 1) and it should have updated all the town traders with the new belts and pants according to our constraints (hopefully done right, better pray
icon_razz.gif
). We are about to set up all the new works on the map and straighten out some bugs and errors. Shouldn’t take too long until we are ready for getting it out on productive worlds.

Can't wait all those nice things...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1291655162_screenshot.221.jpg

dodging , aim , appearance are in one item ! this will be hurt :p
I JUST CAN SAY , we will need more money for buy these new items :D

ouch !!
1291655747_screenshot.222.jpg

omg !

1291656061_screenshot.223.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23737

Wow!

Those pants and belt look great! I am glad that as you get higher in levels, there will be some cool dueling clothes to save up for. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.