Hints on the update 1.30 from new TW-times

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I don't speak german, and it's a fan newspaper about the west game.
Today the the new issue was released:
http://www.twtimes.de/ausgaben/aktuell/twtimes.pdf

If we'll trust it, and so far they've never "lied", then the version 1.30 brings:

1. Pants. Finally. Pants will be added to the game and not just 80 different ones but even more! New reason for item collectors to stay in the game. ;)

2. Unlike other clothes, we won't be able to find all possible pants in shops. Some will be available only as a lucky drop from jobs, but some will be available only through quests. If you ask me, this is awsome. I love doing quests and get a decent (read: unique) reward. Thus I really hope we won't see another Wild Horses quest serie ever again. But now goes something what I call - a design fail again and again and again *sigh*

3. Some pants will be available only as a drop from push fort fights. I can't believe this... Ppl, please if you do speak german, tell me that google translator is lying. Please tell me that this update won't have again something that deserves to be hated. Why they press up and encourage people to do push fort fights?

4. Level cap set on 120 instead of 99 and new jobs? Perhaps. It's not certain it will be in 1.30, but because of pants and skill bonuses they add, both cap and jobs changes should come if not in 1.30 then in 1.31 for certain.

Also there are 3 pants examples in tw-times from which Indian pants (level 55 required) give +10 to health points and +10 to dodge and some more bonuses as well...
Indian pants eh? They should name those as Fort fighters' dream pants. :)

Comments?

Last edited by a moderator:

Slygoxx

There is nothing about pants being only available through pushbattles. There is a line that says "oder sie sind ausschließlich bei Arbeiten beziehungsweise Fortkämpfen zu finden", which translates roughly to: "or they can only be found at jobs or fortbattles".

I do like the amount of pants though, will give me some stuff to collect ;)

DeletedUser9470

is it possible to have a translation of the original post and not a live running commentary of whatever you have read jox?

DeletedUser

Thanks Sly! Let's just hope by saying "from jobs" you won't need to be pure FMS level 99 character to get those.

Neo, as I've said I don't speak german - how do you expect me to translate it? But I can commet anything and everything, why shouldn't I? Commenting is not against any rule. Saying that push fort fights are a design fail - I bet it ain't against any rule also. Also, I do visit .de forum daily, noone stopped you or anyone else to do the same and to open a new thread about new tw-times that were released today.

Slygoxx

If nobody beats me to it, I'll post a translation of the article in a couple of minutes ;)

DeletedUser

This article is awsome Joxer!
As much as I don't like German,I'll sit and read this!:laugh:

Someone should give me a Nobel piece prize if I could read this without dear Google...xD

If nobody beats me to it, I'll post a translation of the article in a couple of minutes

GO SLYGOXX!!:D

DeletedUser9470

sorry im not interested in your comments, just want to be able to read the OP.

Slygoxx

Die „nackte Wahrheit“
Solange ist es noch gar nicht her, da wurden wir Spieler von den Entwicklern reich beschert. Version 1.29 kam und überraschenderweise hielt es den Sheriff und den Markt für uns bereit, zwei Features, die man sich seit dem Start von The West wünschte.

Doch dies sind nicht die einzigen Dinge, die sich ein jeder Spieler wohl
wünscht. Wie hat sich wohl ein Cowboy damals im „Wilden Westen“
gefühlt, als er durch die Prärie streifte, seinen Colt polierte oder ein Duell
zum Highnoon absolvierte? - Sicherlich besser als unsere Charaktere
bei The West, denn zu damaligen Zeiten waren Hosen natürlich schon
Gang und Gebe. In The West hat man hiervon noch nicht allzu viel
mitbekommen!

Mit Version 1.30 soll sich dies aber ändern: die Hosen sind auf dem
Vormarsch. Schluss mit den luftigen Ausritten in die Wildnis und vor
allem sind die Tage gezählt, an denen wir ohne über Mode nachzudenken herumlaufen konnten. Dies liegt daran,
dass die Hosen in einer großen Anzahl verfügbar sein werden.

In einer der vorherigen Ausgaben haben wir bereits berichtet, dass etwa 80 Hosen erscheinen sollten, nach einer
Rücksprache mit unserem Gamedesigner Ashock, wurde die Anzahl jedoch nochmal korrigiert und aufgestockt. Es
wird also ziemlich sicher mehr als 80 verschiedene Hosen geben, so dass für jeden Spieler die passende dabei ist.

Dennoch werden die Hosen nicht alle mit einem Schlag verfügbar sein. Einige muss man sich durch Quests
verdienen oder sie sind ausschließlich bei Arbeiten beziehungsweise Fortkämpfen zu finden. Natürlich wird es
auch edle Hosen geben, aber auch eine Erweiterung im Schneider, welche ohne weiteren Ausbau des Gebäudes
zur Verfügung stehen wird: ein Bereich, der extra für die Hosen angelegt wurde.

Passend zu den Hosen, welche für fast alle Level angelegt werden, ist geplant, das Levellimit von 99 auf 120
anzuheben. Ob dies schon in Version 1.30 geschieht, hängt von dem Fortschritt der Entwicklung ab, hierzu
können wir also noch keine sichere Aussage treffen. Geplant ist jedenfalls, dass auch im Bereich von Level
99 bis 120 Hosen vertreten sein werden. Außerdem soll es auch neue Arbeiten geben, doch auch dies ist noch
unsicher.

Das war es auch schon an Informationen zu Version 1.30, die wir diesen Monat für euch in Erfahrung bringen
konnten. Naja, fast zumindest ... Ashock hat uns drei Beispielhosen zugesandt, welche wir euch hier als erste
Exemplare vorstellen wollen:

Die zerfetzte schwarze Hose, tragbar ab Level 1, hat die Boni Ausdauer +1, Fallen stellen +1
und Stärke +1.

Die blaue Jeans wird ab Level 74 tragbar sein und besitzt
die Boni: Errichten +17, Zähigkeit +16, Reparieren +16
und Beweglichkeit +2.

Die braune Indianerhose kann ab Level 55 getragen werden. Sie bietet
folgende Boni: Lebenspunkte +10, Ausweichen +10, Schießen +15,
Geschicklichkeit +1 und Beweglichkeit +2.

Sicher gefallen euch die Hosen. Wir wünschen wir euch eine schöne Wartezeit. Genießt die letzten Tage ohne
Modewahn im Westen. ;-) Danke übrigens auch an Innogames, die uns dieses Exklusivmaterial zur Verfügung
stellte.

The "naked" truth

It's not too long ago that the developers generously gave us players something. Version 1.29 came and suprisingly held the sheriff and the market, two features eagerly awaited since the start of The West.

But these are not the only things every player wished for. Who has felt like a cowboy in the "Wild West" when you rode across the prairie, polished your colt or won a duel at highnoon? - Surely better than our characters at The West, at those times pants were commonly worn. In The West we didn't notice much from that!

This is about to change however: The pants are coming. Stop the breezy rides in the wilderness and for everyone the days are numbered, where we could walk around without thinking about fashion. This is because the pants will be available in large numbers.

In a previous issue, we have told there will be 80 pants. After a consulation with gamedesigner Ashock, the number was corrected and raised. It's pretty sure there will be more than 80 pants, so you can choose the one that fits you.

Not all pants will be available at once. Some will only be available through quests, and some only by doing jobs or fortbattles. Of course, there will also be some fancy pants, and an extension to the tailor, which will be available without further expansion of the building: an area specifically created for pants.

Matching the pants, it is planned to increase the cap from 99 to 120. If this will happen in 1.30, depends on the speed of development, so we cannot give an official answer.
It is planned to also create 99-120 pants, and some new jobs. But this is still uncertain.

This was all information about 1.30 for this month, well almost... Ashock has given us a preview of 3 pants:

Tattered black pants (level 1):
+1 Stamina
+1 Setting traps
+1 Strength

Blue jeans (level 74):
+17 Construction
+16 Toughness
+16 Repairing
+2 Mobility

Brown indian pants (level 55):
+10 Health points
+10 Dodging
+15 Shooting
+1 Dexterity
+2 Mobility

That would be all I guess :)

DeletedUser

Sly, you're awsome, not just because of this, I still remember that it was you who posted a correct drop value formula westinsider didn't want to use although it works flawlessly. :(
Thanks.

DeletedUser

there pretty big bonuses there, i suppose that would be big prices as well, :D

DeletedUser9470

nice work sly.
those indian pants look fierce for a ranged dueller!
i hope there will be some nice melee ones as shooters already have best clothes and best weapons.

DeletedUser

nice work sly.
those indian pants look fierce for a ranged dueller!
i hope there will be some nice melee ones as shooters already have best clothes and best weapons.

nicely said :)
also hope some have decent fort battle bonuses as well

DeletedUser

Finally pants. I'm cold right now :p

Sorry, but the last update they also said there will be pants, but nothing. I'm very curious of they keep their promise now. Keep hoping :D

DeletedUser5677

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that soldier pants will be of little use in fort battles just like all the other soldier junk besides the "duel me with my trumpet" bugle.
If the research and design is on par with previous work, prepare yourselves for the pink leotard wars.:hmf:

DeletedUser

Thanks everyone for the first info about 1.30 update especially my friend Joxer and Slygoxx. I can't wait to see this new update. :up:

DeletedUser5597

Nice, pants for level one. I will love it :D

If they will give pants that can't be found in the shop, why they don't add the single 2 items missing in general store (fancy shawl and fancy bow) in 1.31 as a job drop/fort reward/quest. Every other items except the greenhorn ones has a fancy item except em :D

DeletedUser26406

I'm looking forward to it.
It seems the devs are starting to work on 1.30 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.