The Easter Showdown discussion

DeletedUser34767

I switched from my normal dueling gear ( first time ) to more appearance heavy dueling gear ( 2nd time ) and did much better. Not a lot of data, but I think going appearance heavy like you were dueling a quest npc is probably the way to go.

DeletedUser19518

Just a hint, the NPCs mirror a slightly weaker version of your skills. I actually noticed better success with 0 duel skills. Maybe try appearance gear if you're having trouble.

Futu, what about the duel we lost and cant repeat it for free?
Since 12.04 i duel first time.. and got an egg i am still waiting..

DeletedUser22685

Futu, what about the duel we lost and cant repeat it for free?
Since 12.04 i duel first time.. and got an egg i am still waiting..

You should be able to repeat it for free, you'll still have to pay the 25 nuggets/bonds if you're resetting the timer, but the actual duel itself will not cost the 25, 150 or 800 nuggets. If this is not the case, it may be a bug. What exactly is your situation?

DeletedUser19518

You should be able to repeat it for free, you'll still have to pay the 25 nuggets/bonds if you're resetting the timer, but the actual duel itself will not cost the 25, 150 or 800 nuggets. If this is not the case, it may be a bug. What exactly is your situation?

I duel for free.. i lost.. then i couldnt duel him for free again as it has been said. I need to pay 25 bonds or wait 6 hours.. :blink:
What happened?

MFRavenhawk

Stupid question perhaps, but something that would be well worth a clarification....

The Showdown will start on the 28th March and finish on 15th April.
Now this started at Midnight 12:00AM server time on the 28th as expected. but what is the ending time on the 15th of April? Will it be at 12:00AM server just as it becomes the 15th? Or will we be able to duel the Easter Showdown all the way through the 15th with it ending at 11:59PM server just before midnight leading to April 16th?

DeletedUser

This is ridiculous. I still haven't won a duel. Last loss using 212 aim, 214 dodge, 106 appearance, and Golden Colt. I don't have better appearance gear. I guess I'll have to sit this showdown out since I won't be wasting nuggets or bonds on re-duels when I can't even win once.

DeletedUser33639

I had the same problem in beta couldn't win one duel when i was skilled as dueler i got frustrated and re skilled as pure hp for fort fighting from then haven't lost even one duel.

jarograv

"The bandits' duelling skills are quite weak; it is intended that players very rarely (if ever) lose"

Since when does "very rarely (if ever)" mean about 50% of the time, I wasted about 400 bonds due to lost duels, needless to say... I am not having fun :/

DeletedUser19518

This is ridiculous. I still haven't won a duel. Last loss using 212 aim, 214 dodge, 106 appearance, and Golden Colt. I don't have better appearance gear. I guess I'll have to sit this showdown out since I won't be wasting nuggets or bonds on re-duels when I can't even win once.

Seems that many mates have problems on this Showdown.

DeletedUser22685

I duel for free.. i lost.. then i couldnt duel him for free again as it has been said. I need to pay 25 bonds or wait 6 hours.. :blink:
What happened?

Yes, that's exactly how it should be. You have to wait 6 hours for another free duel, as has been said plenty of times now but the whole ordeal is a bit confusing.

Ringworm said:

Eh, I hope you're not aiming headshots or anything like that. I have tested this with 400 aim, 400 dodge and 100 tactics (meaning the NPCs had that tactics bonus, but it didn't help me), and I still won between 85-90% of duels against all four NPCs.

DeletedUser17350

What happens, if I use 800 Nuggets to duel Westwood and I loose?

DeletedUser35238

Meant to be able to duel for free or something if you lose the duel, but i just lost 2 on 2 different worlds and cant duel again, says wait 6 hours, soooo god knows.

jarograv

statistics say you will likely lose, than you need to pay up another 25 bonds or nuggets to get your prize or wait 6hrs

DeletedUser22685

What happens, if I use 800 Nuggets to duel Westwood and I loose?

Meant to be able to duel for free or something if you lose the duel, but i just lost 2 on 2 different worlds and cant duel again, says wait 6 hours, soooo god knows.

If you wait 6 hours you will be able to duel him again for free, alternatively you can pay 25 nuggets/bonds to reset the timer and duel him again without paying the 800 nuggets.

DeletedUser19518

If you wait 6 hours you will be able to duel him again for free, alternatively you can pay 25 nuggets/bonds to reset the timer and duel him again without paying the 800 nuggets.

What about me.. who lost from a free (Big Fred)? Why i should pay 25 bonds?
Why i have to wait 6 hours as it is always free?

DeletedUser22685

What about me.. who lost from a free (Big Fred)? Why i should pay 25 bonds?
Why i have to wait 6 hours as it is always free?

Why should you not have to wait the 6 hours when that is the case for every other category?

DeletedUser35304

Futu pls teach me what to do whit my 8 h w8 period...i have to w8 8 h instead of 6.I tried refreshing and CTRL+F5...i cleared my caches...what else?