The Plan - Weekly draw rules and discussion

DeletedUser8627

Actually I assume every support ticket needs some sort of manual action. I'm not saying they spent hours and hours on each ticket. Probably a lot of tickets deal with simple issues and are resolved by a simple standard reply. When there are a lot of tickets coming in this can still add up to a lot of time.

Unless you use a standard form for players to enter the weekly draws, it will be hard to process the entries in a non-manual way. Simply because not every player will follow the instructions down to the very letter.

Why is it such a problem though, it is in fact my time I'm sacrificing when running this campaign for the players of this community.

Besides, I have mass response options and all other goodies I can use anyway... And a whole moderation team that dedicate their time answering everyone's queries.

The way we manage the support system is simply not your purview nor do we need to elaborate on it.

With that, if you do not wish to take part in the draw, please find the exit to the right --> You are leading this thread off topic with irrelevant queries.

DeletedUser618

The Plan - Weekly Draw Rules:
One entry per person regardless of how many worlds you are registered to or how many character names you own. One entry per person.

Every Monday ONE name will be randomly drawn and announced here on the forum.

Can you guarantee that the one entry per person can be enforced?

I would not think that you place names on pieces of paper and draw one out of a Stetson, but just how is this done?

DeletedUser34781

course he can....and like he said he has means at his disposal.

I dont mind where or how the draw works as long as i get a howdah or tomohawk..wink wink :)

count me in!!!

Deleted User - 1278415

I would not think that you place names on pieces of paper and draw one out of a Stetson, but just how is this done?

This is the mod team that took on W6 as the scoundrels and they kept track of all the wins against the scoundrels. Daily duels all had to be accounted for... that was more to keep track of than this.

145,000 / 5,000 is only 29 people.

Proof

DeletedUser

Can we have a staggered Win / prize allocation??? ...

1. Almost everything
2. Something
3. A little bit

edit ..

1. 95 % of the money pot + named item and secret item
2. 5 % of money pot - less $5,000
3. Your money back - $5,000

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30899

I'm guessing this is an attempt to appease the disgruntled. Inno must think waving shiny objects around will make people forget about how bad 2.0 is

DeletedUser8627

I don't check every individual account when the entry comes in, I check the winner. I have magic powers that can see any rule violations ;)

Can we have a staggered Win / prize allocation??? ...

1. Almost everything
2. Something
3. A little bit

edit ..

1. 95 % of the money pot + named item and secret item
2. 5 % of money pot - less $5,000
3. Your money back - $5,000

Maybe at a later stage, this is more of a trial run to see how it goes and tweak it accordingly in the next weeks to follow. It'll get much bigger with a whole lot more prizes and money involved. Baby steps first. ;)

I'm guessing this is an attempt to appease the disgruntled. Inno must think waving shiny objects around will make people forget about how bad 2.0 is

You must be a disgruntled player, best you post in the 2.0 thread provided.

One would think if this weekly draw was advertised on Facebook, newsletter emails, devblog etc... it would be a project run by them and not just the community manager.

This is a .net based campaign that has nothing to do with version 2.0 or Innogames running it. I did mention in my previous post I'm running it.

DeletedUser8627

The pot is now sitting at $305000 with 61 entrants so far.

Thank you to those whom have entered!

DeletedUser23629

I am annoyed people have the nerve to come into this forum to complain. This is suppose to be fun, not to be infested with horribly annoyed people. If you don't like it then get out of this forum. To think that people are concerned about the support team spending time on this, is just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. He's sacrificing his time to give us a little of fun.

I think this was a great idea, and cheers to da twista for taking time out of his day for this.

I know this is only the first step in the process, but I have a suggestion for future drawings. Maybe have different levels? For example, a pot that you can buy in for 5k (like now), one for 25k, 50k, 100k, and so on. I know the higher values won't be as many people, but even if you had 5-10 that's still a big pay-out. Maybe even have higher odds for the most rare items for the biggest pots?

Thanks again Da Twista for setting this up ;)

DeletedUser34781

I am annoyed people have the nerve to come into this forum to complain. This is suppose to be fun, not to be infested with horribly annoyed people. If you don't like it then get out of this forum. To think that people are concerned about the support team spending time on this, is just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. He's sacrificing his time to give us a little of fun.

I think this was a great idea, and cheers to da twista for taking time out of his day for this.

I know this is only the first step in the process, but I have a suggestion for future drawings. Maybe have different levels? For example, a pot that you can buy in for 5k (like now), one for 25k, 50k, 100k, and so on. I know the higher values won't be as many people, but even if you had 5-10 that's still a big pay-out. Maybe even have higher odds for the most rare items for the biggest pots?

Thanks again Da Twista for setting this up ;)

HERE HERE well said......now you can never win for all that praise :)

DeletedUser34194

This is a GREAT idea! I love games, and shiny things that distract me. Insert 2 cents HERE--> maybe a 1st 2nd and 3rd place for later instead of just one winner. I won't complain now but I reserve the right to complain after 52 weeks and -260k if I don't win.

DeletedUser

This is a GREAT idea! I love games, and shiny things that distract me. Insert 2 cents HERE--> maybe a 1st 2nd and 3rd place for later instead of just one winner. I won't complain now but I reserve the right to complain after 52 weeks and -260k if I don't win.

or split winning to a few thats the funds collect not the prize item those to the first one drawn ....

and you don't need it anyways iam

DeletedUser34781

Insert 2 cents HERE--> maybe a 1st 2nd and 3rd place for later instead of just one winner. .

God no i am greedy i want to win it all if i can :)

also should this not be in competitions??

DeletedUser33353

Not really a "competition", just a lottery.....I still like it though, good job to Twista for doing it.

DeletedUser8627

Thank you for all your feedback. A lot of ideas coming in will be considered in future weeks. :) So keep 'em coming!

The pot now stands at $560 000!

DeletedUser

I really like it! I'm in

This is great the way it is, but if you'd like to do some changes in the future I'd also like to see more winners as was suggested here before. Three-way split would be really great.

Also, even though this is all extra, after reading some posts in general on the forum I can see some people complaining about extra items they'll get - 'why did I get this item when a week ago player x got that?!' - or something in that tune.
Instead of choosing an item by CM (some conspiracy theory lovers could accuse them of bias) the winner could be awarded a premium chest for example with runners up getting less expensive rewards. So it could go like this:

Winner - 85% of the pot plus a premium chest plus a secret item,
Runner up - 10% of the pot plus Unique chest,
Runner up - 5% of the pot plus steel lined box,
or something similar to this.

Whatever it ends up to be like this is a great addition to the game, thanks.