Bank robbery in the city.

DeletedUser

Let the leader of the gang pays for the robbery. For example $ 1,000 in cash in the treasury of the city, they want to loot. And by the way, this amount will keep the small town of robbery. If at the time of a robbery at the bank of $ 300, this sum is returned even if the robbery is successful, but $ 700 is lost.

If the bank a lot of money ($ 2 million), the ringleader of the gang have to pay for the organization of robbing $ 20,000 in cash. If the robbery is successful, the ringleader of the gang returns his money back.

DeletedUser

I rewrote the post #1. Read on please.
I hope that is decorated by the rules.
I look forward to your criticism and suggestions.

DeletedUser34315

Why not simply put a cap on how much can be taken, say, 10,000 or 20,000? And take 5% of the treasury unless that would exceed the cap.
Also, if the robbers and npc's have the same health, do the npc's swap each other during the battle? Otherwise, will be very easy to defeat them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why not simply put a cap on how much can be taken, say, 10,000 or 20,000? And take 5% of the treasury unless that would exceed the cap.
If a gang has 15 people, $ 20,000 for them is very small. There is no point in spending for health and energy in 1300 dollars. I already wrote in another topic, that one day I can earn more than $ 5,000 with no effort.
I have given five different options for income from robbery (see post #1). Which of them will choose the developers - they solve.

Also, if the robbers and npc's have the same health, do the npc's swap each other during the battle? Otherwise, will be very easy to defeat them.
No.
First, we do not know how the participants will be well-aimed.
Second, citizens can help the NPC-guards.
Third, developers may well find a way in which the NPC-guards would change each other during the battle.

t2504.gif
Wounds:
B) I propose a different system injuries in a bank robbery. Make a fixed number of injuries for all participants robbery. For example, three to five. Character will be killed if he was wounded three to five times. And no matter how much he has health points.
----------
i'm not certain of that gotsman. that will take the one advantage a tank has completely away. Also how would you arrange it to be fair, by level and high levels will group together, no limit and i 50 level 1's can take a old town. in my opinion that has just to many ifs and buts.
You are very accustomed to battle for the fort. Bank robbery will be a totally different fight.

Player "A" with less than 1000 health points will have two wounded.
Player "B" with a 1000-2000 health points will have three wounded,
Player "C" with a 2000-4000 health points will have four wounded,
Player "D" with more than 4000 health points will have five wounded.

in my opinion that has just to many ifs and buts.
Yes. Now if we pondered the idea of the battle for the fort, we would say the same thing, right? :D

--------------------------------------------------

DeletedUser

If a gang has 15 people, $ 20,000 for them is very small. There is no point in spending for health and energy in 1300 dollars. I already wrote in another topic, that one day I can earn more than $ 5,000 with no effort.

You have no way of knowing how much cash will be in the bank vault, nor should you. If bank robbery isn't a gamble I don't know what is. You've never seen a movie where robbers found far less cash than they were expecting to find?

DeletedUser

You have no way of knowing how much cash will be in the bank vault, nor should you.
I have a way to find out how much money in the bank:
---------------------
Scouting:
There is an opportunity to scout the situation in the city. For each $ 100 you can get an answer:
a) how many guards (at the level of the bank and so clear how much :)
b) degree of combat readiness of the NPC-guards,
c) how much money in the bank,
d) how much safes is in the bank,
e) how many people are now in the city and
f) what they have health.
-------------------------
If bank robbery isn't a gamble I don't know what is. You've never seen a movie where robbers found far less cash than they were expecting to find?
Yes. But I have watched these films in which the bank being robbed on a tip. In other words, the robbers KNOW how much money is in the bank.
We assume that the robbers are not petty thieves, but serious criminals.

DeletedUser

I really find this idea and concept a lot better, cause of the simplicity and basics layout, for the DEVS of innogames to work on.

Gonna get a review on the whole updated idea later, but i am looking forward to actually vote yes for this even, though you can see quite a bit grammar fails that i dont really understand, but that doesn't matter i think, i get the point.

DeletedUser

I really find this idea and concept a lot better, cause of the simplicity and basics layout, for the DEVS of innogames to work on.

Gonna get a review on the whole updated idea later, but i am looking forward to actually vote yes for this even, though you can see quite a bit grammar fails that i dont really understand, but that doesn't matter i think, i get the point.
Thank you!
Please let me know if you do not understand what I wrote. :)

DeletedUser

Yes. But I have watched these films in which the bank being robbed on a tip. In other words, the robbers KNOW how much money is in the bank.
We assume that the robbers are not petty thieves, but serious criminals.

Sounds more like a modern heist flick than an Old West bank robbery.

DeletedUser

Sounds more like a modern heist flick than an Old West bank robbery.
I do not want to argue about it. Please do not carp at trifles. I can say that the battle for the fort is not in the style of the wild west. I put up with it.

DeletedUser34315

Gotsman, I'd be willing to re write your idea, just to make the grammar slightly more readable. I think that is part of why some don't support it.

DeletedUser34315

No one has voted on it, but some in this thread have said they do not like your idea.

Here is my version of what you said. I have tried to keep as close as i can to your original words.

Bank robbery in the city.

Quite some time ago, on the Russian forum, I suggested this idea. ( http://forum.the-west.ru/showthread.php?t=16509 ).
85% of the players voted for it.

But it seems that, unfortunately, the developers ("Innogames") have not seen my idea. I am hoping that this forum will give me greater access to information and input from the players. So:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal.
This would create a flash based “mini game” within The West itself. Team play is similar to the battle for the fort, with the ability to rob the Treasury of any city.

I prepared the idea of robbing a bank in the style of the wild west and the maximum of realism. I feel that Bank robbery would most certainly raise interest in the game. The gameplay is great, I promise.

Visual Aids.

- The bank is on the right. The Bank has five openings (windows / doors), a hall and a room with the safe (gray).
- I did not draw the sectors of movement.

Details.

The player (or group of players) comes to the town and says: [ DO NOT MOVE! This is a robbery!]
The attackers (red) are in the red zone.
Limit: 30 players.
The raiders will spend their energy, health and special motivation.

Defenders. Players (blue) are located on the roofs in a randomized manner. The characters sleeping in the hotel are involved off-line. Players who are online, and click “yes” when asked if they want to defend the town, will participate in the defense. To do this, you have to be in the game and see a report warning of a raid on the bank. All of the Defenders, at the end of the battle, do not lose any health.
Limit: Unlimited players.

. The Bank has NPC-guards (yellow) that shoot out of windows and doors.
- Quantity: depending on the level of the bank. The bank at 10 level has 10 NPC guards (in the picture eight NPC-guards, as the Bank is a level 8 bank.

- NPC-guards health = robbers health. For example:
Robbers: 12 players. The total number of hit points = 12,000.
NPC-guards: 5 guards X 2400 health points (Total 12000).

- For an additional fee you can increase the combat skill of the NPC-guards (more health, damage, accuracy). For example, $ 300 a week.

The duration of the fight.
About half an hour, along with registration. Rounds are short, to simulate a fast paced robbery.

The task of the attackers:
One player must make it to the gray room, and “place dynamite” to blow up the bank’s safe. The player must have dynamite in his inventory. The player who laid the dynamite MUST go back into the red zone. Once he has reached the red zone, then the robbery is successful.
Attention! If any of the town members are in the grey room of the bank, then the robber cannot blow up the safe! However, if only NPC guards are in that room, then the explosion will go off.
Cost:
The leader of the gang pays for the robbery. For example, the leader pays $ 1,000 in cash into the treasury of the city that they want to loot. And by the way, this amount will keep the small town of robbery. If at the time of a robbery at the bank of $ 300, this sum is returned even if the robbery is successful, but $ 700 is lost.
If the bank a lot of money ($ 2 million), the ringleader of the gang have to pay for the organization of robbing $ 20,000 in cash. If the robbery is successful, the ringleader of the gang returns his money back.

To register, all participants in a robbery is required about 10 minutes. Advance warning about a bank robbery - this is nonsense. Robbery must be sudden!
* You can, as in the battle for the fort, invite any player (even if not a member of the attacking or defending towns) who is in the town, to participate in the attack or defense of the town.

Intention of the robbers:
- To take the Money that is in the Treasury of the city. (!) Personal accounts of the characters cannot be despoiled!

Profit:
In the case of a successful robbery, the money taken will be equally divided.

I can suggest five possibilities:
A) The robbers take all the money from the treasury. (=100%)
B) The robbers take away one third of the available money from the treasury. (=33%)
C) The robbers take all the money from the Treasury that exceed the established limit. The limit depends on the number of residents and the level of the bank. (= 100% - X)
D) The robbers take a fixed income from the Treasury. (= Treasury - limit)
E) The robbers take a fixed income, but not from the Treasury. (=Wages)

I do not like options D) and E), but maybe you will like them.

Safes in the bank.
Money in the bank can be distributed in several safes. The cost of each safe is twice as expensive as the previous one. Thus, any city can afford at least three safe deposit boxs to protect its Treasury.
Safe (Level 1). = $ 0 (in the bank $ 100,000),
Safe (Level 2). = $ 10.000 (2 x $ 50,000),
Safe (Level 3). = $ 20.000 $ (3 x $ 33,333),
Safe (Level 4). = $ 40.000 $ (4 x $ 25,000),
etc.
If the attackers want to rob all of the money ($ 100,000) they need to use dynamite on the four safes (4 x $ 25,000), thus taking 4 dynamites, and 4 players.

Arming:
A) If the injury is considered a simple hit (see "Wounds", option "B"), then the armed guard is not important. Count only the hits.
B) The NPC-guards are armed a little better than robbers. For example:
---------------
Robbers:
The first robber is level 38, has 600 health points, and has a rifle.
The second robber has 30 levels, has 500 health points, and has a harquebus.
NPC-guard:
has 1100 (500+600) health points, and has a Precise rifle (38 level).
----------------

Skills:
For the robbery, I feel that other skills than those used in fort battles or dueling should be the primary skills. Something new.
Skills should be simple.
For example, aiming, dodging, fine motor skills, horseback riding, Animal instinct.

Wounds.
I can suggest two possibilities:
A) the process of getting injured is the same as in the Battle of Fort.
B) I propose a different system of injuries in a bank robbery. Make a fixed number of injuries for all participants of the robbery. For example, three to five. The character will be killed, if he gets wounded(shot) three to five times, no matter how much health points he has.

Motivation:
-33% for robbery, +5% per day. If the motivation is low, the robber is weak. Motivation affects the skills that particularly affect the accuracy of shooting (see "Wounds", option "B")

Protecting the city from another attack.
- The robbed city, whether the robbery was successful or not, is safe from attack for a few days.

Scouting:
There is an opportunity to scout the situation in the city. For each $ 100 you can get an answer:
a) how many guards does the town have? (What level is the bank?)
b) degree of combat readiness of the NPC-guards, wounds” will it take to kill them? What sort of weapons do they have?
c) how much money in the bank,
d) how many safes are in the bank,
e) how many people are now in the city? What is their health(or how many “wounds” can they take without dying?)

The cost of NPC-security guards.
It is necessary to set a limit of money in the treasury. If the amount of money does not exceed the limit, then the bank has free NPC guards. If the amount of money exceeds the limit, the protection of the bank is paid for out of the town treasury.

Bribing NPC-guards.
Sacrificing 10% of the robbed money, by promising it to a guard, will bribe the guard, and he will not fight. There will always be at least two incorruptible guards.

Bonus duelist: Duels that reduce town member’s health, will be reflected in the robbery, as the player who was hurt will be able to withstand less “wounds”, ( have lower health.)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Workaround.
None.

Abuse Prevention.
--

Summary.
What is the Wild West without a bank robbery? I am sure that bank robbery would be enjoyable for all, and be as popular as fort battles.

I suggest this as the basic idea. The bank is attacked by online-players, but defends NPC-security and players off-line (usually). Developers would be best suited to calculate the power of the NPC-guards, so that robbing a bank is very difficult. Therefore, NPC guards will be very strong. We must find a balance between "easy" and "very difficult".

I believe that this idea has a future! Above all, it is necessary to think about the entire idea, and add some restrictions.

Administration.
?
?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmyr
I am WORRIED because this idea is about greed, nothing more, nothing less.

Typically, new and small towns have little money in the treasury, because all the money is spent on construction of buildings. And these cities are not attractive for robbers.

Today, the old town with a one resident, and the treasury in which there are two million dollars, is the most attractive to robbers. I will say from my own experience: to get two million in the treasury, there is only one way: the players leave the game and sell their clothes. Easy money! Two million earned by quitting the game; money that is not helping the players or the game at all.
It is silly to cry that this money will be stolen. So do not cry for your two million in the treasury, if the bank is robbed! It's just a game.
The NPC-guards at the bank can be strong or weak based on each individual situation. There is no guarantee that any attack would be successful. Maybe 20% of the attacks will end successfully. Maybe 10%. Maybe 50%.
But not 100%! NPC-guards have to be a serious obstacle.

I am convinced, that robbing many banks, even if they are very rich, will not cause significant inflation. The quantity of wealthy banks is not large. In addition market prices generally stabilize themselves.

----------------------------------------
Discuss! I hope that the game "The West" will delight us with new experiences.
If you have any questions for me, if possible, use simple phrases so that the translation is easy. Together, we can consider the idea to the smallest detail. But developers can change everything. So let's not quarrel.
Again, sorry for the translation. :)

DeletedUser

Done! :up:
Thank you very much!

P.S. And how to activate a poll?

DeletedUser563

B-1) The player with fewer than 500 health points may endure only one hit.
The player with the 500-1000 health points may endure two hits.
The player with the 1000-2000 health points may endure three hits.
The player with the 2000-4000 health points may endure four hits.
The player with more than 4000 health points may endure five hits.

this is to artificial and does not belong in the west. if the attackers bring 5 tanks and you have 5 (2000)point defenders attackers have 25 hits and defenders have 15 hits. So 10 extra hits but taking into consideration a tanks weak defenses its a gamble who wins who loses. also may i add you have 2000 HP and gets hit 3 times and now have to wait minimum 4 hours to regenerate your hp and energy. If you wanted to nerf tanks a bit it would be wise to properly take out your calculator 12000 tank can at 250 - 300 average hit endure 40 - 48 hits while a 2000 hp player can endure 6 - 8 hits. So thinking about it this would be a massive nerf of a tank with nothing cancelling out his weak defenses.

it takes away strategy completely. also i do not understand the 4 safes thing?

DeletedUser

this is to artificial and does not belong in the west. if the attackers bring 5 tanks and you have 5 (2000)point defenders attackers have 25 hits and defenders have 15 hits. So 10 extra hits but taking into consideration a tanks weak defenses its a gamble who wins who loses. also may i add you have 2000 HP and gets hit 3 times and now have to wait minimum 4 hours to regenerate your hp and energy. If you wanted to nerf tanks a bit it would be wise to properly take out your calculator 12000 tank can at 250 - 300 average hit endure 40 - 48 hits while a 2000 hp player can endure 6 - 8 hits. So thinking about it this would be a massive nerf of a tank with nothing cancelling out his weak defenses.
it takes away strategy completely.
I wanted to make a bank robbery is not like a battle for the fort. And wanted to limit the influence of the "tanks".

Developers can make a lot of changes (map, rules, accuracy, damage, skills, NPC, etc.). There will be are many tests. Therefore, now it makes no sense to assume anything.

also i do not understand the 4 safes thing?
Safes can be more than four.
It's simple.
Assume that the bank has two million dollars and 8 safes.
Robbers have only one dynamite.
Consequently, the raiders could rob only $ ​​250,000 (=2,000,000 / 8).

DeletedUser

Review of Gotsmans'es bank robbery

Well i had just read Gandalfs post-reply to the text, but i still dont understand some bits of the idea, but i will try to highlight those, i dont understand.:) First off i'll start with the visual aids.

READ IT TROUGH! It may change your view of this idea, as the way i see this kind of robbery is, a tiny bit fortfighting alike, with fast 10-30 mins long battles, huge loots, lots of ganging up, fun, and strategy at it's best. So there is no cheap way, you wanted a idea that was perfect and noticeable, well then you need to make the details and finish the edge of "Robbing a bank".

Also the strategy of the robbers is to attack when the town is at it weakest, and the defenders to gather as much power and NPC's in tower, and position themselves in way of the attackers, as it's all about the race of time, and the attackers need to get away fast, else they we'll succumb to the growing masses of defenders (If it's allowed to registrate for the battle, after it had started, but only for the defenders.)

Bank robbery in the city

Visual aids:
Well the building could be more strategic placed. Right now it looks like there is 2 free roads into the bank going from the top of the northeren buildings and bottom of the southern buildings.

Well i dont think you can do much to that, but i merely think this should be a job for the DEVS to balance. As with the current workaround, then even if you got full amounts npc's to guard, then few of them are gonna have no LOS on the robbers, if they just hug the northern/southeren buildings. I propose some kind off-set penalty of either defence or aiming to those who stand up there instead of the middle of the road to the bank.

Also if the robbery is gonna be a gun and run, then there needs to be some fast way to end the battle after getting the dynamite into the the vault, instead of running back to spawn area, then there should also be an other way, "To get away", but maybe at the loss of money, but a higher chance of surviving with the money if there is online defenders, that is gonna mow you down before you make it back to the spawn area. Just thinking loud here :p

Details: The attackers
+
Pros:I like the initiation stage. The limit of the robbers is well kind of huge, but that's okay, the robbers need a chance to win. Also you'll need to involve your health, energy and "special motivation" is a nice feature added to it.

The defenders
+Pros:
Great way to give the defenders a start penalty by randomly place them, so they can't organize themselves right away. Making it confusive for the defenders. Also i dont think that you should go an get KO'ed defending the town safe, so i agree with that, even though it's "unfair".
-Cons:None

The NPC-guards
+Pros:
The quantity of the NPC's depending on the level of the bank, but you'll only have a max of 10 npc to guard. So maybe you could hire some? This actually encourages to the bank being more upgradeable , so maybe the bank level cap, could be 15 instead, so you'll always have 15 NPC's to defend you.
-Cons: Here I really think that NPC's should have only a tiny bit lesser health than the robbers, else it is just a way to bad risk the robbers take. So maybe 10% less health for the NPC's? Compared to the robbers. Fx 1000 hp robber= 900 hp NPC.
This aren't really the big deal as, the way you kill them depends mostly on hits and not hp. So in most cases then an adequate NPC still take as many hits as the robber would before dying.

This is the proposal to make the chances of robbing better for the robbers, when there is no players in present, but when you add in the defenders then you'll be in trouble of you are a robber, as the can like get masses of hp up, because of the unlimited amount of defenders.
Summary: To make the robbers smart, meaning they actually need to know where the town citizen, and seize the oppertunity of an nearly undefended town. This should slightly make it better for the robbers, when thinking smart.

This should add the edge of strategy performed by, fx calling a FF before the day before, to make the town less defendable, cause of people participating in the battle, or just paralyze the town members trough dueling.

Duration of the fight
Seems plausible and actually balanced.

The task of the attackers:
Blowing stage
Seems plausible and balanced.

Cost of the robbery
- Cons:
I dont understand what there is written there, only the part where the gangleader, (The initiator of the robbery)fx have to spend 1000$ to start just make a robbery ready, and that you get your money back after the robbery. The middle of the text is where i can't read.

It doesn't make sense! Why do you need to spend money on robbing the bank, i think involving health, energy, motivation, a dynamite stick, time and maybe a possible bounty is enough. (Who nows if the DEVS are gonna make it so you automatically get a bounty placed on your head if you try to rob a bank.)

Robbing mechanics

Registration
Well maybe you could make it 15 minuts instead. Because when i need to defend my town, and i'm doing a job nearby, then it would be nice to get some time to notice the attack and hurry back? :unsure:

Intention of the robbers
I want money!, and in the same time i dont want it to go personally over people. I dont need their money, just the towns :hmf:

Profit
Big money is always good :rolleyes: but some people dont think so, so to balance it out:
Suggestion A: Not many community conscious players would say yes to this, neither do I. It's not balanced at all.
Suggestion B: Just like 33% then i only think 1/3 of the people are gonna agree with this. It's just to much
Suggestion C: So if there is 50 citizens and a level 15 bank, how much money is the cap then for the established limit? I dont understand you're formula, as you haven't really highlighted what there is what, but this one being the "middleman", is actually plausible for being the mechanic of how much money you get.
Suggestion D: So it's the amount of money in the treasury minus "Limit", and what is limit? I dont understand what the limit is.
Suggestion E: I dont support... That would just take the thrill out of robbing.

Safes in the bank

So besides the main vault where you'll take the profit being the subject at the top of this, then there is destructable vaults, that holds money, that also can get looted, but you'll need to use additional dynamite to open them?

+ Pros: More possible loot, but only accesible if you are somehow able to neutralize the defenders, giving you free hands to steal what there is possible. Being unlikely to happen unless you have a bank that aren't fully built, then these will be relatively safe. So safes are a extra hard amount of money accesible?
-Cons: You'll need to make it harder for the robbers to open these safes, else you can get them in any succesfull robbery, where no player defenders turn up. Also do these safes persist trough all robberies, or do you have to buy a new one when it got blown up bu the robbers? Also what is the limit gonna be for safes? It's at subjects like these where you'll need to be concrete!

Arming

I myself prefer suggestion wounds here, as it makes robbery something apart from FF, but by still adding health into it. So i dont think there is a need to add weapons into the activity, but maybe you could make it so fx guns that deal a average of 280, and under counts towards 1 hit, and all those over counts toward 2 hits. Like fx the sniper rifle gun (Very expensive and rare) Can take out 2 hits instead. I like wounds, more than having to think about health and tanks. Though tanks still got an advantage, but it's not that big, if you follow the scheduele you made for "Wounds" So fx a precise winchester with a average damage of 256 damage deals 1 hit, but a golden gun with 290 in average deals 2.

Maybe you could instead of weapons here use ordinary dueling guns (Only ranged) instead, but with same princip as guns, though with less damage needed for the hits. Fx 1 hit equals 105 average damage and under, but all those over deals 2. The difference in using dueling guns here instead is, that there'll be more people that are able to use because there are more named ranged weapons to use than guns, but they are just as rare but not so expensive to get on the market.

So the NPC should be armed with weapons that only deal 1 hit, or you could make them have adequate weapons to the robbers as you suggested.

Summary: I just thought my way to a more concrete idea of how arming and wounding should happen here. No wonder, i can agree with about anything, but FF style with real health.

Skills

Well you have suggested
aiming, dodging, fine motor skills, horseback riding and animal instinct.
I myself prefer appearance as a skill over animal instinct, as you have to look though and scary when you rob an bank in the old west, and not nowaday where wimps can do it, as long they got a weapon.

Wounds

If you have read the topic about arming, then you'll see that i dont agree with suggestion A, and i really like B.

+Pros: B, I prefer this one so much over normal hp fighting like at forts, also the scheduele you made (B-1), seems okay, but 5 hits. Is very litte as a max.

So here is a scheduele of how it may be: So tanks generally people over 3000 hp only get 2 more wounds, that they can resist. It gives them some advantage, but at the cost of other activities.
500 hp and less, equals a max of 1 hit(s).
800 hp and less, equals a max of 2.
1200 hp and less equals a max of 3.
1700 hp and less equals a max of 4.
2300 hp and less equals a max of 5
3000 hp and less equals a max of 6.
4750 hp and over equals a max of 7.

Motivation

+ Pros: Keeps the darn robbers from robbing everyday, so you'll as a town defender, can have some quit times, and because of the long regeration of motivation, then the most robbers are probally gonna be crippled for some time.

Scouting
+ Pros:
Allows the attackers to effectively plan a possible robbery. By using scout options a,b,c,d

- Cons:
All of the answers needed can be answered trough scouting at a cost of 100$. Seems to cheap, and it actually gives the robbers an advantage, fx by scouting how many people there are in the city (Even though you can just click the icon near of the on map, and see how many that are in XD). So some of the scouting things should cost more, some are just ridicouless, and also does the scouting happen instantly, or do you need 5 mins of scouting before you get the information?

So scouting option e shouldn't be there. As you can pretty much know how many cityzens that are around by checking the town saloon and see where the people are by checking their profile.

The cost of NPC guards

Well seems fair enough to have free NPC's, if the towns treasury don't exceed the limit, but what is the limit here? Is the limit like in profit (The one with the weird formula known as C)
But it seems fair.

Bribing NPC-guards

+ Pros:
Better chance of robbing a bank, but at a huge loss of possible loot. Seems plausible :3

DeletedUser563

Ok so the skills is not the same:whatever your skills I cant see a full hp having many of them. Perhaps create a tank dream and make hp count 76% in the attack and defense. The developers won't always just come and fix an idea. Perhaps its not a question that your idea was not presented to them . It could be that they discarded it as not feasible. So work on problems identified.