Minor Ideas Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Expanding on your second idea, it might be even more helpful to see the history of who has bidden on your item.

DeletedUser22493

Proposal
Some of us have let our dueling levels get so high that we are out of targets. I in my quest to be #1 dueler on W12 now have the highest dueling level on W12. I think it would be great to have a way to reset your dueling level.
Current Workaround
As far as i know there is no current way to work around this problem

Details
It would be nice to have a potion available in the new shop that you could buy for nuggets or bonds, that would allow you to reset your dueling level, like the potions available to reset your skills.

Abuse Prevention
Of course if the potion is too cheap then people will abuse the privilege, but i think the current potions to reset your skills are priced with in reason so that it is affordable, yet high enough to keep it from being abused.

Summary
To rap it up I think that there are a lot of people like me with high dueling levels that have lost out on the enjoyment of dueling in the game for the lack of targets and the distance you have to travel between targets that could benefit from the chance to reset your dueling level.

I also think that Inno Games would benefit from this option because lets face it, there are a lot of us willing to spend real life money on nuggets, and I have talked to several guys in game that would be willing to spend those nuggets (myself included) to reset our dueling level.

Besides the potential for more nuggets bought and more revenue for Inno Games, there is also the lost revenue from people that have high dueling levels that just quit the game or go on vacation mode that would happily stay and keep buying nuggets if there was a way to lower their dueling level.

Like Derek said, this has already been suggested before.

Here: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=49462&highlight=Dueling+Level
And here: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=49160&highlight=Dueling+Level
Aaaand here: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=48337&highlight=Dueling+Level
Im sure I could find more, but I think you get the point.

Please use the "search" function before posting new ideas.

Posts deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17143

Union Pacific Bonds bonus

Idea title: UPB bonuses.
Details of idea:
Today I finally managed to work up the effort to actually finish my daily tasks/bond list and all I got was 3 bonds. It seems to me like it would be worth adding some sort of bonus for fulfilling the tasks. Which got me to thinking, wouldn't it be better if we got a UPB bonus for completing the daily tasks. I mean working pretty hard for 3 bonds is pretty ridiculous. I think it would be good to get your bonds earned doubles if you reach the goal. So instead of 3, you'd get 6 if you complete on time.
Reasons for submitting:
I worked bloody hard to get the "Quests" meter full. It actually took a lot of effort and I was a little annoyed to not get a larger reward. And everything in the UPB shop is pretty expensive, so it's not like I could do much with the bonds afterwards. It seems a no brainer to me.

DeletedUser

Idea title: UPB bonuses.
Details of idea:
Today I finally managed to work up the effort to actually finish my daily tasks/bond list and all I got was 3 bonds. It seems to me like it would be worth adding some sort of bonus for fulfilling the tasks. Which got me to thinking, wouldn't it be better if we got a UPB bonus for completing the daily tasks. I mean working pretty hard for 3 bonds is pretty ridiculous. I think it would be good to get your bonds earned doubles if you reach the goal. So instead of 3, you'd get 6 if you complete on time.
Reasons for submitting:
I worked bloody hard to get the "Quests" meter full. It actually took a lot of effort and I was a little annoyed to not get a larger reward. And everything in the UPB shop is pretty expensive, so it's not like I could do much with the bonds afterwards. It seems a no brainer to me.

I don't know, it's really not hard at higher levels and numerous daily quests at Waupee's village and the ghost town can be done with gear alone with no SP in skills for the job. As it is now, you can get quite a few bonds in a week - 4 per day for saloon quests, 5 per 2 days for master crafting quests (though not a lot of people can do them), 4 per day from the check list, and 5 per week for a successful week (it may be more for doing all 4 per day all week, I don't know). That's 78.5 bonds per week, or a steel-lined box every 16 days, when prior to the update very few people earned that many steel boxes in fort battles in the same time period. That also doesn't take job drops (maybe 10%) and fort battles into account (a limited audience I realize).

Then again, fort battle bonds were increased greatly, so a small increase on other bonds might be in order.

DeletedUser15641

Actually its not hard for me which i am a duelist in w3!But really hard for a really small dueler.

DeletedUser14006

Give us some buffs that allow to increase energy without increasing duel motivation meh...

DeletedUser25892

Idea title: Make Broken Spade auctionable
Details of idea: Currently the Broken Spade is received from a quest and then needed for future quest. It can additional be randomly found from at least known Traveling Merchant. There should be no reason this item is not auctionable for those who might have sold the product as the Golden Coin is auctionable.
Visual Aid: None
Reasons for submitting: Quite honestly, I am one of those who found an extra one and know someone who needs it to complete the quest and I am sure there are others out there who would benefit from this and it does not change the game play at all.

DeletedUser

SLEEP TIMER

Details:
Sleep timer. The ability to set a defined time to sleep from 15 mins to 8 hours. Setting the desired time would apply to one activity slot.

Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes.

Has the idea been posted before?: Yes in complicated ways, but not recently.

Reasons for submitting: For those of us who have a RL but enjoy playing the game, it would be nice to be able add sleep timer to the automation.

ie. sleep for 3.5 hours, Do job X, ....

DeletedUser

AUTO GEAR CHANGER

Details:
The ability to automatically change your clothing based on one of the saved sets. Doing this would take one activity slot

Has the idea been posted before?: No

Reasons for submitting: Offliner fort fighters are just one reason; do job X, travel to fort, change gear, ....

DeletedUser

Numbnuts, I think it would be best if your first idea was tied to infinite building levels for the hotel. As for your second idea, that's way too much automation for my liking.

DeletedUser

Dont be like that Rice. You'll love this when its implemented. Everyone will! For me its about fort battles. Most of the battles are on while I sleep or work. I want to be able to participate, but I want to do some jobs as well. Why cant I load all that up before I sleep? Heck, if Im not premium, it will only allow me to do 1 job anyway as the automation will take up an activity slot; job, change gear, travel to fort. Since Inno are getting my money in anycase I want to be able to get varied jobs etc as part of my premium automation.

DeletedUser25892

AUTO GEAR CHANGER

Details:
The ability to automatically change your clothing based on one of the saved sets. Doing this would take one activity slot

Has the idea been posted before?: No

Reasons for submitting: Offliner fort fighters are just one reason; do job X, travel to fort, change gear, ....

I feel like this is a major idea as it would take a lot to implement such an idea, but I believe it has merit and could be added in future updates. Maybe post it as its own topic?

SLEEP TIMER

Details:
Sleep timer. The ability to set a defined time to sleep from 15 mins to 8 hours. Setting the desired time would apply to one activity slot.

Has the idea been posted before?: Yes in complicated ways, but not recently.

Reasons for submitting: For those of us who have a RL but enjoy playing the game, it would be nice to be able add sleep timer to the automation.

ie. sleep for 3.5 hours, Do job X, ....

I definitely like this idea personally, again I think this is not a minor idea that is easily implemented and maybe using Rice Farmer's idea, you can tie it into an infinite hotel level where every "X" levels gives you a new time slot eg... 1 hour/2 hour/3 hour/4 hour/5 hour/6 hour/7 hour and so on.

DeletedUser

More ranks in fort battles

Wow - I searched this thread but I can't believe no-one has asked for it...

PLEASE can I have at least 1 more rank available for fort battles (more would be fine, but just 1 more rank would make a huge difference).

I'd love a bit more granularity in ranking, at the moment we're limited to:
Generals: Auto-rank, moves first, can't be assigned or unassigned.
Captains: Privileged rank, given to specific people (some automatically), can rank Private and below.
Privates: Onliners you definitely want in the fight.
Recruits: Default rank when you sign up.
Reservist: People you don't want to have fighting unless there's no other choice.
Traitor: People you don't want to even see the chat.

This only really allows one level of privileged rank, "Captain". I could do a lot more with organising players and structuring the battle if I had another rank available, a rank who can't rank other people, but is a little higher in the move order.

I propose "Sergeant" - just above Private, but below Captain, and without any ranking privileges.

-- Pete.

DeletedUser22493

More ranks in fort battles

Wow - I searched this thread but I can't believe no-one has asked for it...

PLEASE can I have at least 1 more rank available for fort battles (more would be fine, but just 1 more rank would make a huge difference).

I'd love a bit more granularity in ranking, at the moment we're limited to:
Generals: Auto-rank, moves first, can't be assigned or unassigned.
Captains: Privileged rank, given to specific people (some automatically), can rank Private and below.
Privates: Onliners you definitely want in the fight.
Recruits: Default rank when you sign up.
Reservist: People you don't want to have fighting unless there's no other choice.
Traitor: People you don't want to even see the chat.

This only really allows one level of privileged rank, "Captain". I could do a lot more with organising players and structuring the battle if I had another rank available, a rank who can't rank other people, but is a little higher in the move order.

I propose "Sergeant" - just above Private, but below Captain, and without any ranking privileges.

-- Pete.

I absolutely agree. After tanks became more common, ranking has been a "nightmare", in lack of other words. Good idea!

DeletedUser

Definitely. It's also irritating when you give someone captain and they start ranking all their low level offline town members.

DeletedUser

There needs to be a way to opt out of a group telegram!! These things are driving me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

There needs to be a way to opt out of a group telegram!! These things are driving me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!

If you mean when people reply to a group telegram, deleting the telegram will at least prevent the replies, but yeah, that doesn't help if you want to keep the information in the telegram and just not get the spam.

The only problem with opting out would be that you wouldn't get corrections or clarification from the original sender, or, if it was implemented so you got his replies, you'd get all of his replies to the spam too.

DeletedUser

"Online" Bonds

I think the developers need to rethink the concept of "online" bonds.

Now to get the "online" reward bonds, players are just leaving themselves connected to a battle, and going afk instead of being offline. This means they have a green activity light, but they can't follow any orders. If a battle leader is to be effective at all, then s/he needs to know which players are capable of reacting, and which are just mindless automations who won't do a thing.

I like the idea of rewarding onliners, but maybe the bar needs to be raised?

I propose that online bonds are only awarded if the player sets a different target at least once in the 10 rounds for which the bond is awarded. This should even count if the player sets a new target, then corrects it back before the end of the round, just something to show that they are active and not just afk collecting bonds?

-- Pete.

DeletedUser

I think it will have to be the responsibility of the general for who gets into the battle. If he/she can't fill a side without any hiders, it's not really the fault of the bond allocation system.

DeletedUser

I think it will have to be the responsibility of the general for who gets into the battle. If he/she can't fill a side without any hiders, it's not really the fault of the bond allocation system.

Most worlds don't have the luxury of 140 onliners in a large attack. If you have a lot of open ranks, there are worse ways to allocate them than to people who are showing online but not asking for rank in the hope that they will come back from being afk, esp. in the case of proven fort fighters. That also doesn't apply to generals, who can't be deranked. Ranking is about winning battles, not about distributing bonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.