Presents & whos got ripped off the most ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaceydk

Yes the idea behind it was good and for the people who got decent items from it, good for them. However, as you say, the wording has misled more than a few people by the judging of the comments here and in game and Inno need to be more careful in the future about the presentation of the game that is played (on the .net servers at least) by a wide range of nationalities and people with different levels of understanding English. Even now there are bits in the game such as the mortician where the text is in German.

Back to the promotion though, it's good that they've recognised that something needed to be done as, even with the possible bad wording of the chests, there were some items that shouldn't have been in the premium and unique chests. However, and this will probably be debatable, I would've prefered to see the range of items that was possible to get from each chest. Not an exact list of every item in each chest, but a rough idea that premium chests contain named and more expensive clothes that you can get in the stores.

There might also be the people though that bought premium chests thinking that the items in them wouldn't be available to buy in the shops full stop. That would've been something that should have been highlighted before you bought them, but then how many named items do you want to introduce into each gameworld through the chests? And out of that, should maybe the unique chests only contain items that are not available to buy in the town shops or through luck drops so the items, like the Inno Belt, are actually unique?

Hopefully this gets looked at properly if it is to be repeated this year. Now though, for some players, Inno Games' reputation has been tarnished and they will have to work hard to gain consumer trust back again. However, I would like to see more things like this brought into the game, just as long as they're tested properly for a paying audience :)

I think what we have seen over the last 6 months have been a rapid decline of The West.
Quests and final rewards from quests being changed (mexican quest most recently), a lot of German text on .net for a long time, a disastrous introduction to be able to buy X-mas "presents", making it obvious that the .de market is more important than the .net or local servers by .de demanding changes that are implemented on all worlds without asking.
The guy in charge of The West would not have his job for much longer if he worked for me!

Last straw for me is if the X-mas sled is not included in the premium chest compensation, if not Inno looses a player that have spent more than €600 worth of nuggets on .dk and .net and I will never use a innogames again.

DeletedUser

well when you spend 3k nuggets you expect items that arent in the game yet. the chest never said anything about what was inside so i figured, with its cost, it had to be rarer than what is found anywhere in the game. the unique chest had a price minimum which was great so we knew but i think most everyone got taken for a ride with the 3 "special" chests.

p.s. ive also spent way too much on this game and its nearing if not at the $1,000 mark and i have played this game since it came out here so i really dont know what else to say or expect but its getting harder to justify even to myself playing the game lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8627

The only i can say is
THIS IS RIDICULOUS SOLUTION
one day high income...i think they are not serius one player 120 lvl need one day high income ????

And you play the clever guy here to give us this ''serious'' announcement ??:mad::mad:

Please note that the one day higher premium is compensation for the issues we had over the Christmas period and not for the chests.

DeletedUser20105

Please note that the one day higher premium is compensation for the issues we had over the Christmas period and not for the chests.

Please read my second post hereunder and you will get this answer
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=49028&page=32
I get also fancy indian pants and now i will get one new chest ....so i have to be happy that i may will get one more pillow is that right?

BTW: For your info The forums are for to support the players and not to defend the game developers

DeletedUser

Themosgr, the CM acts as the liaison between the players and Innogames. Don't shoot the messenger, especially when he is also your advocate concerning game changes. And I doubt this debacle is the game developers' fault....blame the upper management for this poor decision, if anyone.

DeletedUser

they killed outlawbk's post :( i cant say i agree with him because mine will be deleted as well but... well i cant say i don't because there really is no other reason for it so i'm at a crossroads :(

DeletedUser25892

@Da Twista

So I assume that everyone who got certain items get a reroll of some sort. I was not one to really complain here at all because I felt it was what it was, but at the same time I don't feel like I shouldn't be given similar rewards that others have been given.

Based on the items being removed: "Out of the Premium chest four items will be removed - Seth Bullock's Horse Belt, Oxcart, Fancy Indian Pants and Bowie's Knife." - This list seems incomplete. I mean I can understand ox cart, fancy indian pants, but if we toss in seths belt and bowies knife, then shouldnt we include bob builders pants, allens pepperbox revolver and any other lower item that was not really an item you cannot find in a job. Honestly any special item including Harmonicas and below in value should be excluded from this box? Should I submit a ticket because I received these lower type items?

Also, instead of picking out those who might have received something lower, maybe shouldn't there just be an offer of additional chests offered to all who bought them? Just my thoughts. Maybe a tier based those who bought all 6 chests get 3 extra, those who bought 4-5 get 2 extra, and those who got 1-3 get 1 extra? I mean wouldn't that be more fair than those who get a second reroll of items? I guess I wish I had gotten an oxcart now instead of the bob builder pants and allens pepperbox I remember getting out of these boxes.

Sorry for the rant and hopefully this comes off as constructive and not destructive.

Thanks,

MM2099

PS - I couldn't understand if revised changes are to come, or if the original post was already updated...if there are more changes, please just tell me to wait.

DeletedUser8627

No problem receiving some feedback.

I can tell you now, we have discussed this in detail with the developers and the items I have listed above are the only items they are willing to exchange for a new box.

With items like Bob's overalls and Allen's pepperbox, of course they can be found in jobs but more where you need to completely respec such as grave robber or traveling merchant. The reason why Bowie's knife was removed is because it is a much more common named weapon than that of Allens' or Bobs'.

Regarding adding extra chests, this is an automatic script that will run through each worlds. The developers are rather taking the approach to fix the issues we had with chests rather than just handing out thousands of more chests to players. Besides, I do feel quality is a better option in a case like this instead of quantity.

EDIT^^

If there are any further changes that are going to be made, I will edit my announcement indicating so. :)

DeletedUser20105

I can tell you now, we have discussed this in detail with the developers and the items I have listed above are the only items they are willing to exchange for a new box.

With items like Bob's overalls and Allen's pepperbox, of course they can be found in jobs but more where you need to completely respec such as grave robber or traveling merchant. The reason why Bowie's knife was removed is because it is a much more common named weapon than that of Allens' or Bobs'.

Regarding adding extra chests, this is an automatic script that will run through each worlds. The developers are rather taking the approach to fix the issues we had with chests rather than just handing out thousands of more chests to players. Besides, I do feel quality is a better option in a case like this instead of quantity.

EDIT^^

If there are any further changes that are going to be made, I will edit my announcement indicating so. :)

what about the christmas sled every one have +- 3 or the pillow is that worth to pay 2000 nuggets?
what do they say about this?
http://tw-db.info/?strana=item_stats&typ=right_arm
http://tw-db.info/?strana=item_stats&typ=animal1

DeletedUser

well we have already had a few players quitting just because of the presents and im sure more to come. it has made players realize where this game wants go and that now is as good a time as any to bail before it costs even more in the future.

Red Falcon

Whoa! Lucky thing I chose not to buy any of those expensive chests. Ha! I don't even have the money to buy most of the so-called 'Rare Item Chests'! All I did was use my advent calendar to get a free steel chest and have not opened it yet. I am kind of to scared to right now...

:tumble:

Spaceydk

EDIT^^

You say now no further changes will be made. Fine with me.
I am closing my accounts based on this solely because the X-Mas Sled were not included.
I am currently away on business and if no further announcements are made I sell my good items to town mates next Sunday when I am back and leave. I spend 12K nuggets on Arizona and I believe the 3K I spend on chests are not included. + 2x briscoe + colorado + what I spend before on .dk.

Spaceydk

The X-Mas sled is more common than than the Pony you can buy at the general store and INNO don't see that as a problem?

DeletedUser

I think what we are having problems with is that we are paying a ton of real world money for steel lined chests that have been renamed and given a fancy new picture as well as other cheap items thrown in the mix to make it seem like its almost worth it. the only players i knew of that had bought this package had received actual unique items that could not be found in any means in the game and thats what i believe we all paid for.

i did not expect high priced named items even just a shot at an elixir of some sort or other various items that would be awesome personal gains. the easiest way around it is to make these super valuable items non tradeable so the player had to use them and not be able to sell them then it would not be some huge issue of over-flooding and whatnot since im sure there werent that many players that fell for these chests though i may be wrong.

DeletedUser25892

@Da Twista,

I know you have said this time and time again, but I hope maybe you can be an advocate here and push for the Sleds to be reevaluated. I personally did not get a sled, but I know many who have received it and I even think this is not really fair considering how simplistic it is for anyone to get one especially with the developers adding a second sled option...unless there is some benefit to having all three sleds down the road (and if there is, it should be voiced now), I think that item should definitely be added to the recall. Please do what you can to demand this from the developers. I don't want to lose anymore decent players over that mistake.

MM2099

DeletedUser

Hi Twista, I do hope that the devs will replace the Unique Chest as well? The Unique Chest promised items worth more than $ 10,000, yielding actual items like Young Stallion($250)? This is still not listed in the announcement.

DeletedUser25892

Hi Twista, I do hope that the devs will replace the Unique Chest as well? The Unique Chest promised items worth more than $ 10,000, yielding actual items like Young Stallion($250)? This is still not listed in the announcement.

I wonder if the statement :

Out of the Fancy chest, two items will be removed - Young Stallion and Oxcart.

means all the special quests...cause although rudolph is rare, why would you get that from a chest with items worth over 10K (unless they are considering their potential market value if it was auctionable haha!)

Still like I said before the entire set up was worded extremely cloudy.

MM2099

DeletedUser8627

Ok let us do it like this, clearly no matter what I say I'm still going to be flamed even though I had nothing to do with this chest situation. I'm merely acting as a messenger to get information back and forth between you as the players and the developers of the game.

I cannot promise any outcome here but it is worth a try. I would like a list of items that you think should be revised in each of the chests. Namely the fancy, unique and premium ones. I already have a nice neat list, but I may have missed something or there is items you still feel need a revision. I will say again, I cannot guarantee any outcome but I will bring this to the attention of the people that can look into these changes again.

• Fancy Chest: ...
  • Unique Chest: ...
  • Premium Chest: ...
Feel free to use the above as a template.

DeletedUser563

The junk chests 1000 nuggets for a brittle crossbow and precise pepper? Seemed more like a normal wooden and iron or can you atleast explain how many more possible products where in these boxes. From that drops i am completely stumped as to what magic that boxes could contain? Im not complaining in general I am very satisfied about the items I did receive except for that boxes. But more of a curiosity?

DeletedUser20105

From 3000k 2000k 1000k nuggets box:
Premium are not IMO
1. pillow
2. X-mas Sled
3.Rudolph
4.ostrich
5. elephant
6.bill Hickok’s buffalo belt
7.Bowie’s Muzzle – loader

Status
Not open for further replies.