Presents & whos got ripped off the most ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

You didn't get the third from praying 10 times on Christmas Eve?
Where is the smiley with the red cheeks for feeling slightly embarrased? Yes, I did get a sled from praying 10 times on Christmas Eve. I did not get a sled from the Advent Calendar this year - I got a bag of marbles, since I forgot to open the advent calendar on time (still got 6 marbles in my inventory - devs should be able to check which quest I completed from Maya). The correct source for the 3 sleds then:
1. Last year's Christmas quest
2. Praying 10 times on Christmas eve this year
3. Premium Chest

DeletedUser

Are you guys sure it wasn't a junk chest? Seems that's where these sleds are coming from, not the premium chest.

DeletedUser

From memory here's what I bought -

$5k bag - dynamite
$5k box? - wooden cross
wooden chest -
iron chest - charlatan shirt
2 steel chests - Fancy linen pants & I think Charles Goodnight belt?
premium chest - sled

I didn't touch the junk chest deal as for 750 nuggets, it really wasn't worth it for the posibility of getting one item worth $3 and another worth $5k. I can't remember what I got from the wooden chest but it was something cheap available in the shop. This is a great example of how good a log of your chest drops would be

DeletedUser5273

Opened 5 steel-lined boxes
Pillow - (ugh)
Allen's Pepperbox (sweet! Completed pepperbox set)
Pillow - (wow...)
Fancy Boots - (meh - but completed Boots set)
Pepper Rifle - (meh - but was the only left handed I needed for Pepper set and Collector's Gun)

6th Steel-lined box currently on sale in W5 for $20k

DeletedUser

This whole thing was a scheme from Inno to get money out of the game, they succeeded. Without explaining odds or chances to their "gullible" customer base who thought a "present" meant just that. Good for them, no harm done.....Right????????

Luckily a few of us are not so gullible any longer. We have learned! I wise up very fast when I start to feel I'm a fool for my own money.

Inno is providing a resolution to the boxes issue, Da Twista indicated what can be done (file a formal and specific complaint) should anyone wish additional compensations.

Formal Announcement --> http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=49220

If this is how Innogames wants to make up for their actions I say this is not enough! It's actually nothing.

I can tell you now, we have discussed this in detail with the developers and the items I have listed above are the only items they are willing to exchange for a new box.

Now, this shows what kind of people they are. I feel more and more happy about my decision of not supporting them any longer.

DeletedUser22493

Hehe.. I got a Cheyennes Fur pants in my "new" box. And here I was getting rather fund of my Scalp. Oh well.. haha

DeletedUser

I did not get a sled from the Advent Calendar this year - I got a bag of marbles...

On two of the worlds I play, I completed this quest last year. So I was happy to see that I could get the marble bag this year. I skipped 3 days of opening the calendar, had 3 marbles in inventory, and the only quests Maya offered me in both worlds were 3 copies of the same quest to get another sled. :huh:

I shouldn't be this frustrated over a game.

DeletedUser

On two of the worlds I play, I completed this quest last year. So I was happy to see that I could get the marble bag this year. I skipped 3 days of opening the calendar, had 3 marbles in inventory, and the only quests Maya offered me in both worlds were 3 copies of the same quest to get another sled. :huh:

I shouldn't be this frustrated over a game.

Same happened to me. I also wanted the bag of marbles, skipped 3 days of opening and got another sled.

Yeah, it's amazing what we get put through. And when we take the liberty to complain about how we are being treated we are met with threats.

I would also like to mention that if in the event, after we have investigated your account and found that the information you have provided is false and this is an attempt to gain a free chest, an escalated temporary ban of 7 days will be issued on your account.

Imagine a shop that sells watches, you walk in there and buy a very expensive wrist watch without getting a receipt and when you come home with the box you open it and find out that it contains a very cheap plastic toy watch. When you go back to the shop and asks what happened to that expensive watch you bought you are told to deliver proof of that you haven't replaced the expensive watch with the cheap toy watch yourself and that you should have arrived to the shop in company with a photographer who could take photos of you buying the expensive watch in the first place to provide the proof of that it really was you who bought the watch. And when you start to complain you are met with threats about being kicked out of the shop.

I wonder how long a shop like that will be in business? :blink:

DeletedUser

Imagine a shop that sells watches, you walk in there and buy a very expensive wrist watch without getting a receipt and when you come home with the box you open it and find out that it contains a very cheap plastic toy watch. When you go back to the shop and asks what happened to that expensive watch you bought you are told to deliver proof of that you haven't replaced the expensive watch with the cheap toy watch yourself and that you should have arrived to the shop in company with a photographer who could take photos of you buying the expensive watch in the first place to provide the proof of that it really was you who bought the watch. And when you start to complain you are met with threats about being kicked out of the shop.

I wonder how long a shop like that will be in business? :blink:

And how long will that shop stay in business when word gets around that everyone who brings in a toy watch gets a free Rolex? Anyway, it's a false analogy, unless you're actually intending to accuse InnoGames of fraud.

Wait a minute, are you still complaining about your steel boxes? They drop exactly the same things that steel lined boxes obtained in fort battles, from achievements, and from quest rewards and the description didn't claim they'd drop otherwise. I've had disappointing drops from steel lined boxes from all three of those sources as well as the ones from the Christmas boxes and I personally never expected the latter to drop anything different from the three normal sources.

As for the bag of marbles, show me an official source that states opening three doors late gives you a bag of marbles. Anyone making that assumption is leaping to conclusions by misinterpretating spoilers posted on a third party site. Blaming InnoGames for that is ludicrous.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And how long will that shop stay in business when word gets around that everyone who brings in a toy watch gets a free Rolex? Anyway, it's a false analogy, unless you're actually intending to accuse InnoGames of fraud.

I think I have stated my opinion in several posts in this thread. Yeah. Promising items of a guaranteed value and not live up to it is fraud.

Wait a minute, are you still complaining about your steel boxes? They drop exactly the same things that steel lined boxes obtained in fort battles, from achievements, and from quest rewards and the description didn't claim they'd drop otherwise. I've had disappointing drops from steel lined boxes from all three of those sources as well as the ones from the Christmas boxes and I personally never expected the latter to drop anything different from the three normal sources.

What steel boxes? I don't care what steel boxes obtained from others than the Christmas scam drops, I complain about the boxes I bought for gold nuggets on December the 22'th when I clicked on the little gift showed down at the right on my screen during the Christmas days. It said loud and clear that they contained items worth 5000$ or more for one of them, the one called fancy chest, and 10000$ or more for the other, the one called unique chest. This has also been discussed in several posts in this thread, scroll back and read it if it has skipped your attention.

fancy_chest.jpg

unique_chest.jpg

As for the bag of marbles, show me an official source that states opening three doors late gives you a bag of marbles. Anyone making that assumption is leaping to conclusions by misinterpretating spoilers posted on a third party site. Blaming InnoGames for that is ludicrous.

Now this third party side calls their site a fan site, one should think that Innogames wants to cooperate with their fans? Or do they? They certainly don't want to do anything for their paying customers so why would they want to do anything for fans? Yes, ludicrous thinking of me that they would do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

I think I have stated my opinion in several posts in this thread. Yeah. Promising items of a guaranteed value and not live up to it is fraud.

What steel boxes? I don't care what steel boxes obtained from others than the Christmas scam drops, I complain about the boxes I bought for gold nuggets on December the 22'th when I clicked on the little gift showed down at the right on my screen during the Christmas days. It said loud and clear that they contained items worth 5000$ or more for one of them, the one called fancy chest, and 10000$ or more for the other, the one called unique chest. This has also been discussed in several posts in this thread, scroll back and read it if it has skipped your attention.

fancy_chest.jpg

unique_chest.jpg

Now this third party side calls their site a fan site, one should think that Innogames wants to cooperate with their fans? Or do they? They certainly don't want to do anything for their paying customers so why would they want to do anything for fans? Yes, ludicrous thinking of me that they would do so.

The steel boxes that could be bought for 200 nuggets or $100,000 were not different to the regular steel chests that you can find in fort battles. There is no valid complaint against them. The fancy and unique chests could not be bought on their own, but only as part of a deal including other chests as well. If you're sure those are the chests you bought, and you're sure you got items below the minimum values, then how about you stop whining and submit a ticket like you were asked to.

Spaceydk

My issue with the X-Mas Sled were solved to my satisfaction with the help of Da Twista, I know how it is to be in his situation where a bunch of tech people son't really want to listen to people that have actual contact with customers. This whole fiasco I personally blame on the devs and not any here, you can only work with what you get from above.

DeletedUser2708

If you're sure those are the chests you bought, and you're sure you got items below the minimum values, then how about you stop whining and submit a ticket like you were asked to.

And who's to say that she didn't submit a ticket?

And how about we stop making personal attacks?

Also not sure why you brought up steel chests in response to her post, when she went out of her way to point out that she was NOT talking about steel chests?

DeletedUser30307

Christmas Presents !

Lets us end this for the time being and continue once a ticket has been raised (which probably has been) and the ticket has been dealt with and closed by support.

Judging by what is currently being done by support and is further trying to do for the players....I'm quite hopeful that this issue ought to be resolved.

Issues like getting belts or pants (items over 10,000) from Unique Chests are not legitimate as those items are well within the purview of the description, hence lets not go down that road (even though i would love to get changes on that lol).

I would ask all players to post in this thread once their tickets have been dealt with....not in midst of the ticket being handled & only when a concrete result from support has been delivered and the ticket has been closed :)

DeletedUser

Lets us end this for the time being and continue once a ticket has been raised (which probably has been) and the ticket has been dealt with and closed by support.

Judging by what is currently being done by support and is further trying to do for the players....I'm quite hopeful that this issue ought to be resolved.

Issues like getting belts or pants (items over 10,000) from Unique Chests are not legitimate as those items are well within the purview of the description, hence lets not go down that road (even though i would love to get changes on that lol).

I would ask all players to post in this thread once their tickets have been dealt with....not in midst of the ticket being handled & only when a concrete result from support has been delivered and the ticket has been closed :)

To you and all who share your opinion I only want to say: By all means, please keep on buying gold nuggets to support Innogames by playing Premium. They need you to support them.

DeletedUser

I for 1 will no longer be buying nuggets (18K) to date, nor will my wife (29800). This is purely for the reason from the Christmas boxes. When we buy premium, we know what we are paying for and are happy to do so. When this came up, and it was handled so terribly, for instance the potions.... I mean who wants to spend 1000 nuggets on a potion that resets attributes... Far cheaper to use nuggets to placate the shaman. Oh well, since our money is not needed to keep expanding their company, fine by me. Seems that this game will go the way of most others, less money invested, less advances, and less players....

Status
Not open for further replies.