Presents & whos got ripped off the most ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delldell56

I have to agree that "contains items worth over $10,000" is a guarantee. Why? Because every single normal box has the possibility of having items worth over $10k. Saying it's POSSIBLE for an item to be worth over $10k is completely meaningless when it's true of regular wood, iron, and steel boxes. Getting items worth less than $10k from a premium chest is the only complaint I feel is really justified.

that's particularly true when you see the description of the junk chest: "this chest contains items worth UP TO $5000". you know there is not even a slight chance that you would get a 3rd key in it ($7500) or a 2nd key ($46, BUT rare). there is also a difference between a regular iron clad chest, that is exactly equal to one you could get as a battle reward, and the fancy chest, that is worth more ($10000) and has a description: "this chest contains items worth OVER $5000". you wouldn't expect to see a figaro's inside with such description.

DeletedUser24373

Bought the 2 steels on Briscoe today for $100k in game cash. Precise Coach Gun and Huck's Slingshot.

I feel so lucky, what a bargain. Thanks Inno.

(Sarcasm for those unable to interpret)

DeletedUser

Bought the 2 steels on Briscoe today for $100k in game cash. Precise Coach Gun and Huck's Slingshot.

Ouch. :(

I'm fairly happy with what I got in my chests. It only cost me about £60, which, considering it's a tiny percentage of my Christmas bonus, is well worth it for a game I spend a lot of time on, and enjoy.

If I'd got something like that, though, I'd be pretty pissed.

DeletedUser

As far as I know it's only the unique chest which has a guaranteed value for the reward, isn't it?

Yeah, my bad, it's just the unique.

Another Buffalo Bill's from my Unique chest...

Well there's one definition of "unique" down the drain. It's too late now, but it would have been nice if the unique code only dropped rare items which you don't already own. It would give the dedicated collectors a better chance of getting something truly rare.

That's steel-lined boxes. I got Cody's and Huck's from my Christmas steels on one world myself. I think it's even more annoying when you have a great fort battle and get something like that.

Ouch. :(

I'm fairly happy with what I got in my chests. It only cost me about £60, which, considering it's a tiny percentage of my Christmas bonus, is well worth it for a game I spend a lot of time on, and enjoy.

If I'd got something like that, though, I'd be pretty pissed.

Gotta love some perspective. I'm glad you were finally able to get your boxes and were satisfied with the results.

DeletedUser30307

Well there's one definition of "unique" down the drain. It's too late now, but it would have been nice if the unique code only dropped rare items which you don't already own. It would give the dedicated collectors a better chance of getting something truly rare.

now that is something i would have really appreciated....got 2 Snipers on me, dunno what to do with the second....havn't got the heart in me to delete one of them lol.

DeletedUser

now that is something i would have really appreciated....got 2 Snipers on me, dunno what to do with the second....havn't got the heart in me to delete one of them lol.

Don't suppose they're tradeable, are they? ;)

Gotta love some perspective. I'm glad you were finally able to get your boxes and were satisfied with the results.

Thanks, was starting to get a bit irritated, when the Christmas option disappeared just as I was able to finally purchase the required nuggets. Got them now though. I agree, it would be nice if the unique box were to give something completely unique, but I'm not complaining (apart from the fact that I can't afford the market fees, to sell them).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I bought the 4 cheapest presents as that is all i could afford with my ingame cash and as expected recieved nothing of value.Its a gamble with luck involved and i justed wanted to get in the Xmas spirit.Have to start saving to be able to buy the dearest present this coming Xmas if it happens again.lol:adventurer:

Spaceydk

Well I broke down and bought the big package.
Unique box = Tashunka's Tomahawk SCORE!!!
Premium Chest 1 = Sled WTF? Its not an unique item everyone already have 2.
Premium Chest 2 = Nat's Machete already had one but named item so OK.
Premium Chest 3 = Calamity's Cartridge Belt see above.

All in all I will not do this again mostly because of the Sled its a rip off it is not a rare product so the description of the premium box is misleading according to TW-DB the pony you can buy at the general store is more unique. http://tw-db.info/?strana=item_stats&typ=animal1

For Calamity's and Nat's well the best named items I have gotten from a steel box is 2 pairs of Huck's plain pants so not surprised its my luck but a bit sad that the Unique chest ended up being better than the 3 premium combined.

DeletedUser

So, does anyone know when the developers will find their computers again?

DeletedUser22493

Well, I know a few that certainly don't feel they got ripped of.
Im pretty sure this guy was lvl 25 a few days ago.

Personally, I feel the lvl req is slightly OP.

howhow.jpg

DeletedUser

I opened something and got a geode (which contained an item) - so I opened that and it said 'red geode - undefined' which then disappeared completely from my inventory - does that sound right?

DeletedUser22685

That's a collector card. Go to Achievements > Items > Collector cards and you'll find it there.

DeletedUser363

I couldn't resist and bought 2 premium chests

#1:
Qp2HC.png

#2:
0Lb8b.png

I'm especially happy about the ostrich. This just saved me a years worth of doing those annoying daily quests (I play on W1 where daily quests are 4 hours instead of 2). Now all I need to know is how to find Rudolph...

Olympos

Well, I know a few that certainly don't feel they got ripped of.
Im pretty sure this guy was lvl 25 a few days ago.

Personally, I feel the lvl req is slightly OP.

howhow.jpg

the level of that weapon should be at least level 90 or higher. Too strong for anyone to use below level 90.

DeletedUser

Actually, Sweede, you're wrong. Purchasing of these virtual items is not gambling. It doesn't matter that the item obtainable from the box is specific or random, it is not construed as gambling to purchase virtual items that have no "real world" value. There is, after all, no means to buy or sell these items with real cash.

It is, perhaps, a better idea for you to review both the German gaming laws and those of the EU before further inserting foot-in-mouth. Neither addresses such items, nor anything of similar. I also find it unwise to make such allegations without bothering to review the existing laws on such issues.

First of, let me swallow that foot.

Second, Inno removed my post. I wonder why?

Third, I agree it is not gambling. In gambling at least ONE lottery buyer receive something of GREATER value then the lottery ticket. If nobody does it is called a SCAM!!!

FOURTH, I Live in the US and I just assume that the laws of the EU is remotely close to US laws and therefore from a MORAL and ETHICAL viewpoint this was wrong, and that is my OPINION!

Fifth, I surely BELIEVE that this is violating something in at least one of the fifty states laws about gambling, money transfer over state lines, international money transaction etc, in a cesspool of state law that neither I, you or anybody else has a total grasp over. hence my comment; Good luck in a court :)

Your opinion seems to be; Inno screwed their customer-base and got away with it, god for them. shut up suckers and take it.
Just because somebody gets away with something and it might not technically be a legal offence does not make it right.

This whole thing was a scheme from Inno to get money out of the game, they succeeded. Without explaining odds or chances to their "gullible" customer base who thought a "present" meant just that. Good for them, no harm done.....Right????????

DeletedUser

Well, if this was the only reason, why would they put a "nuggetprice" onto the chests too?

You're right, I didn't say that was their ONLY scheme. Why not make a hell lot of real money while your at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.