Update 1.33

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure he meant the people that got introduced to the game will get to start out with a free saddle bag.

DeletedUser

That's what I thought it meant.

No idea. I know when I used Google to translate the German page, it came up with this:

Players who have been invited by another player for The West will now Buffalo Bill's saddle bag as a gift early

I know it's a very rough translation but it seems that players who are referred, get the saddle bag as an early gift.

Diggo11

1. What does that mean? The achievement items you get for opening certain crafted items?
Some of them. The collector's set, for example, are regular items. However these seem to be a new type of item/product that you can obtain, such as the "brands", "drunk night out", etc.

2. Referees?
Meant in opposite of referrer, i.e., players who join the game via another player's registration link.

3. They still are buggy on Beta apparently. I've had it grayed out since achievements were implemented and still no Master of Construction.
I don't think they've quite finished with that one...

Last edited:

DeletedUser22685

No idea. I know when I used Google to translate the German page, it came up with this:

Players who have been invited by another player for The West will now Buffalo Bill's saddle bag as a gift early

I know it's a very rough translation but it seems that players who are referred, get the saddle bag as an early gift.

Omg, I should've waited until now to sign up so I could get someone to refer me!

DeletedUser

You must be joking. Or you don't know what's in the saddle bag (and I believe I wrote about it when it was a code bonus item on .de).

EDIT:
Um... Anyone knows what's the item we buy for 1 million from NPC trader and is it worth the price?
[spoil]
Image3.png

[/spoil]
pic provided by Ana Doro

EDIT2:
Because Ana comes here sometimes and she'll probably see this, Ana I know you're betatester for sure, so please, report that player search doesn't work on players who activated the title option. Dunno for others. For example, type Callika on beta, you'll get no result and I know he plays there. I hope you get the annoying critter medal... Or achievement... Whatever. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1802579

EDIT:
Um... Anyone knows what's the item we buy for 1 million from NPC trader and is it worth the price?
[spoil]
Image3.png

[/spoil]
pic provided by Ana Doro

You have to sell items until you have sold for more than a million in total. Like selling 100 times a 10k item to the trader will get you that achievement.

And if you want to know about the price that achievement gives you:
[spoil]
naamloos2ib.jpg

[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Actually Kraaky to get that reward you need 1M+1$ in your pocket. ;) Why not 1M$ alone but you need 1 dollar more, well, it's close to Achilles&turtle "problem" but ok that's what we can discuss in some strategic threads why and how... ;)

However, the reward you've shown is pathetic. Seriously, they're expecting me to buy *that* with one million dollars? Sure, it's so awsome that I'll devote all of my game time to it. OMG just when I thought we finally get something worth the price... Christ even the third key you may find for less than one million. Devs should skip Oktoberfest next year.

mind providing a link to that post of yore?
No. Can't be a. to use search, especially on my own posts.

Deleted User - 1802579

Actually Kraaky to get that reward you need 1M+1$ in your pocket. ;) Why not 1M$ alone but you need 1 dollar more, well, it's close to Achilles&turtle "problem" but ok that's what we can discuss in some strategic threads why and how... ;)

However, the reward you've shown is pathetic. Seriously, they're expecting me to buy *that* with one million dollars? Sure, it's so awsome that I'll devote all of my game time to it. OMG just when I thought we finally get something worth the price... Christ even the third key you may find for less than one million. Devs should skip Oktoberfest next year.

Maybe you should read better Jox, you are talking about another achievement, and I can know bcs I have both on beta.

DeletedUser

I'm talking about the achievement you get if you "earn one million from selling items to NPC trader".
And we know that when you sell an item to NPC trader, you sell it for half of the price you've bought it for in a regular shop. Assuming you don't have any item, how much cash you need in your pocket to get this achievement without doing jobs, duels and forts at all? ;)

Dunno about other achievements, sorry.

Deleted User - 1802579

If you have 1 million in cash you won't get "earn one million from selling items to NPC trader'', but you will get ''from dishwasher till millionaire''

Assuming you have 0 items, you will need 2 million in cash, to get the "earn one million from selling items to NPC trader" since you will have to buy all items first and than sell them for half price to the NPC trader ;)

DeletedUser

Nah.
Assuming you have 1 million in your pocket, you buy some expensive items from shops and sell them to NPC trader. In the end you've made 500.000$ from him. But, well, you now have 500.000$ to buy items from shops and earn additional 250.000$ from NPC trader which will be total of 750.000$ from NPC trader. And it goes step by step every time half the previous step. Till you get 1 million?
Of course not. That would be possible with unlimited division by 2 and doing it till you die - which is far from reality. Why? Because 1 dollar can't be divided by 2 in the game!
That's why 1 million is not enough but you need just a bit more than 1 million. I said it's +1 dollar, but it's not (although theoretically it is). Still it's some small amount over 1 million you need.
2 millions... Nah. Yes it will work, but it's not necessary to get that much as a requirement.

In the end the reward we're talking about will actually cost you 1 million total cash from your pocket. The only problematic part here is - I don't want to pay 1 million for *that*!

Deleted User - 1802579

Yup you are totally right about that, wasn't thinking about the money you would get back from selling to the trader.

Nicely played, I still have much to learn :p

DeletedUser

Thanks the feeling is mutual - I must admit I've picked up some tricks from you on w12. ;)

Now the only thing we need is, although unpopular, a sort of London or Wall Street riot aimed to that useless reward. :)
Unless of course there is a secret quest where you give away that reward and get gatling gun or something similar. ;)

Deleted User - 1802579

Well there is actually an overlapping achievement for collecting all the riding animals, but its still bugged as you can see on the pic below all animals are greyed out while I do have most of them in my inventory.

[spoil]
naamloos3su.jpg

naamloos4cp.jpg

[/spoil]

Tell me if I am spoiling 2 much now :p

DeletedUser

You're not spoiling anything, a similar pic was already posted by Hades2.
And devs really had too much of Oktoberfest. Imagine that mount. It gives - bonus to swimming. Which is such a desirable skill everyone is planning to be a pure swimmer on the next world!
Bah.

I'm also sure that the achievement you've shown is tricky to make work properly as one of the items we lost during a quest so it can't be marked as "owned" by browsing the inventory. Also, normal worlds never saw the deer that was enabled only on beta during christmas holidays.

DeletedUser

What archive? God knows where the details are or were written on this forum, but you can start with this thread if you feel like digging:
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=46566

And all contents in the bag are (german only, sorry but it never appeared on .net before):
[spoil]Buffallo Bills Revolver (10-20 Schaden; +1 Charisma)
Saftige Tomaten x3 (Arbeitsmotivation +15%)
Edles Hufeisen x3 (Wegzeitverkürzung 50%)
Selbstgedrehte Zigarette x3 (Duellmotivation +15%)
Edler Tropfen x3 (Erholungsbonus +15%)
Bohnen und Speck x3 (Lebenspunktebonus 20%)
Reife Orange x3 (Lebenspunkte +10% & Erholungsbonus +10%)[/spoil]
I seriously don't see anything fascinating there nor worth bothering with. And you of all ppl should know that I get pretty edgy when I see stuff presented as superspectacular while they are in fact utterly useless and serve no real purpose other than looking nice. So let's concentrate on stuff we can really (ab)use, shallwe?