Creating "God" in one's own image

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

re-read my posts and get back to me.

especially my post concerning prophetic instances in the bible.

I have re-read all your posts in this thread, and I the truth of them are evident.

Your reasoning is flawless...

break-the-cycle.jpg

...in a very circular fashion!

DeletedUser

The Bible commands that you ABSTAIN from blood. (foreign blood, before you come out with the "So we can't have blood in our bodies crap?")

And where do you get this "strong indoctrination" mess? That is fact! animals may get happy or sad or have fun, but NOTHING compared to what humans can experience. the imense joy two parents get when they look at their newborn child. no animal experiences that. that thrill you get when you watch your favorite sport, an animal doesn't understand that.

Humans can think about what they want to eat, who they want to hang out with. and some activities they want to do for recreation. here's what an animals thinks about

1. Get Food

2. Don't die

3. reproduce

There is a CLEAR difference between the thoughts and feelings of humans and animals. and the fact that you just said that human is no better than an animal disturbs me. and even if you don't really think that, the fact that you would try to turn that around just so you wouldn't look dumb disturbs me even more.

DeletedUser

The Bible commands that you ABSTAIN from blood.
Please quote me that verse(s) in the bible. Make sure that those verses include the word ABSTAIN.

Edit: I'll bold the above so you will not miss it.

That is fact! animals may get happy or sad or have fun, but NOTHING compared to what humans can experience. the imense joy two parents get when they look at their newborn child. no animal experiences that. that thrill you get when you watch your favorite sport, an animal doesn't understand that.
Oh then you have not seen my dogs get happy when I give them a nice meaty bone (as opposed to their normal dog food), or I whip out the old tennis ball for playing some catch. That there is pure joy for them that goes way past the simple emotions of food, survival, and reproduction.

DeletedUser

You talk as if humans are not animals.
The blind faith is strong in this one!

DeletedUser

I have re-read all your posts in this thread, and I the truth of them are evident.

Your reasoning is flawless...

break-the-cycle.jpg

...in a very circular fashion!

yeah, and yours is airtight

1. we came from soup

2. the universe exploded and somehow we are in the perfect place for life

3.we don't mean anything

4. "The Bible amkes no sense to me, but neither does the scientific theories, but ill go with the scientific theories because i feel better about what they say even though the Bible gives me answers to my own questions i just choose to discredit them because i don't want to understand it cause i might be proven wrong."

Yeah, mine isn't circular, but even so, yours is linear, and heads straight to scientific dead end with answers like "we could never know that"

If that was the kind of belief i followed i would shoot myself in the head from lack of solid answers

and even if it makes sense in some areas, when you get down to the big question, there is no answer.

and i stand waiting for the question i asked when i started into Bible discussions on the forum.

Where did the two pieces of mtter that created the universe come from?

answer me this with a logical, and hard evidence sentence or paragraph, and i won't complain about your lack of paying attention to what i say anymore.

DeletedUser

I still can't believe you are comparing your amazing life to that of animals! i am very disappointed that you see it that way.

Acts 15:28-29 New World Translation

28For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!”

look it up in the NEW WORLD TRANSLATION.

And the joy a dog gets when you play with does NOT compare to a humans, not to mention, dogs can't talk, most animals can't even learn a language other than there own animal language, except koko the gorilla.

you call me blind, you are more blinded than ray charles in a cave. no offense truly meant

DeletedUser

we came from soup
Don't substitute lack of understanding with the god card.

the universe exploded and somehow we are in the perfect place for life
No, the universe isn't a perfect place for life, quite the contrary.

we don't mean anything
Yes and no, but explaining this to you would be futile, as you have demonstrated you are incapable of understanding.

"The Bible amkes no sense to me, but neither does the scientific theories, but ill go with the scientific theories because i feel better about what they say even though the Bible gives me answers to my own questions i just choose to discredit them because i don't want to understand it cause i might be proven wrong."
An arrogant and flawed assumption.
I understand the bible very well, and I do understand a bit of science as well.
The theories makes sense, the god delusion does not.

Yeah, mine isn't circular, but even so, yours is linear, and heads straight to scientific dead end with answers like "we could never know that"
No, your reasoning is circular. It is true because it's in the bible, and the bible is true because it is the word of god. How do we know there is a god?
The bible tells us!

This is indeed what you are saying, and once again; that is circular reasoning.

The scientific advances we have made over the last 100 years explains, and makes possible what was but a dream or mystery 500 years ago.

Flight, telephones, tv's, all these are marvels that would have been unfathomable 200 years ago.
Any technology sufficiently advanced will seem like magic to thecomparatively primitive.

If that was the kind of belief i followed i would shoot myself in the head from lack of solid answers
That makes you weak, and in your weakness you took the easiest path to safety; theism.

and even if it makes sense in some areas, when you get down to the big question, there is no answer.
No, there is no answer, yet.
We find new answers all the time, and through the answers provided by science we as a species have thrived.
The shield of ignorance is too cumbersome to get you anywhere.

and i stand waiting for the question i asked when i started into Bible discussions on the forum.

Where did the two pieces of mtter that created the universe come from?

answer me this with a logical, and hard evidence sentence or paragraph, and i won't complain about your lack of paying attention to what i say anymore.
Since this answer can not be provided yet, you jump to the conclusion there must be a god?

Using god to give you an easy answer to a hard question is just pathetic and cowardly.

DeletedUser

Let me try to throw some light on the idea that Earth being the perfect place for life shows that God made it specifically for us theory.

Enzymes needed for life have been found in pieces of meteors that have hit Earth. Various chemical processes have resulted in our atmosphere being what it is. The odds are that the main 'ingredients' needed for life could be found on other planets, on moons, etc., but life won't exist unless all of the requirements are there.

Just as you can mix a perfect batter but not have a cake without it being baked or have a mixture for a perfect ice cream that will just be mush without being frozen, you can have the requirements for a human but not have life without the proper climate, atmosphere, gravitational pull, etc.

DeletedUser

Okay, much as I regret to, I'll have to shoot down some of Blondie's statements.
--------
I believe that intelligence among animals differs, but all animals think the same way, most especially dogs (pigs are supposedly the smartest non-primates, but....).

Dogs are happy, they are sad, they can become angry, and so on. A pet owner will eventually be able to naturally tell what their dog's feelings, and possibly even thoughts, are.

Dogs can't talk? I'm sure that, if a translating machine fell out of the sky when a dog was barking at a passing car, it would say, "Car! Car! Get out of here! Get away from yard!"
Even if they would speak few words, to them they would probably be speaking a language as complex and refined as English.

Now, tell me. A dog can learn it's name. My dogs have learned the words for "eggs". They also understand "here", "stop", and several other common words you use around dogs. In fact, this may be far-fetched, but it is possible that they recognized gender-based words such as "boy" and "girl". We, on the other hand, can just make a guess of what their barking is.

DeletedUser

thank you artemis, good point, as for you John,

I just mentioned the prophecies that were all fulfilled that the Bible spoke of hundreds of years before it happend, THAT is what proves the Bibles credibility, so pull that out of your circle.

Also, you just proved that to rely on science is flawed when mentioning scientific advancements.

a hundred years ago, you would tell a scientist, there is a way man can fly, we will have motorized vehicles, we will go into to space, and we will make a bomb that can wipe out an entire city in one blast. He would say, "that's impossible"

And if I were to tell YOU that a hundred years ago, it would be just like this conversation when i say that there must be a God, you say to the effect "That's impossible" so the future holds much more capacity for further realizations, and you might just be like one of the guys that made fun of the wright brothers standing on a street corner seeing the wright brothers flying overhead and make you realize how ignorant to possiblity you were, and soon this will happen to you.

DeletedUser

and your dog does not understand eggs, here, and stop, he simply remembers. Humans can understand things.

when you teach a four year old how to add, you don't have to teach him to memorize what 4000 + 1 is. he understand that to get the sum you simply add another "1" to the number and get 4001. and dog can remember 2+2, but only if he is told the answer amny times

DeletedUser

I just mentioned the prophecies that were all fulfilled that the Bible spoke of hundreds of years before it happend, THAT is what proves the Bibles credibility, so pull that out of your circle.
Uhm... no. Prophecies are vague by nature, thus you found a place where you thought it fitted. In other words; you pulled it out of your ass.

Also, you just proved that to rely on science is flawed when mentioning scientific advancements.
Wrong again.

a hundred years ago, you would tell a scientist, there is a way man can fly, we will have motorized vehicles, we will go into to space, and we will make a bomb that can wipe out an entire city in one blast. He would say, "that's impossible"
Yes, he would say that because he lacked understanding.
Just as the man 100 years ago, you too lack understanding and turn to god to get an easy answer to fill out the blanks in your ignorant mind.

And if I were to tell YOU that a hundred years ago, it would be just like this conversation when i say that there must be a God, you say to the effect "That's impossible" so the future holds much more capacity for further realizations, and you might just be like one of the guys that made fun of the wright brothers standing on a street corner seeing the wright brothers flying overhead and make you realize how ignorant to possiblity you were, and soon this will happen to you.
Invalid and pointless comparison.

(...) dog can remember 2+2, but only if he is told the answer amny times

Repetition is a good way of teaching, I expect you've had plenty of it for your indoctrination.

DeletedUser

just like that century old scientist, you lack understanding, end of discussion.

I'm not the one substituting my ignorance with god.
Just because you don't understand science, doesn't mean there must be a god.
It only means you are ignorant of the facts, yet you seem to value and cherish this ignorance as if it were a virtue.

DeletedUser

28For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!”

And from that you get that you should not accept blood transfusions?
That whole part is about things sacrificed to idols and that which accompanies that whole ritual.
And the abstinence refers to not eating (drinking) it.

But this selective interpretation from a dodgy bible translation seems to be the foundation of jehovah's witnesses.

And just gobbling it all up, like you are, is the signs of the indoctrination.

So we went from:
we experience emotions unlike other animals
and
here's what an animals thinks about
1. Get Food
2. Don't die
3. reproduce
to
And the joy a dog gets when you play with does NOT compare to a humans
So we add joy now to what animals can experience too? Where will this end?
So what else will we add to this list of what animals can do or experience as time goes on.
Sure, humans are more intelligent than animals (even though I can show you a fair number of humans that does not seem more intelligent than animals), but to put down all other for your own glorification is just part of the indoctrination.

DeletedUser

Some primates and some birds have shown the ability to understand and use human language.

I don't remember the names, but there have been a couple chimps (and I believe some other type of primate) who have used symbols and/or sign language to communicate with people. They eventually made up their own sentences using the symbols they had learned, and sometimes ask for a word to call something else.

There have also been parrots (I believe the African Grey is the most likely) that have used words they learned to form new sentences and appear to understand what they're talking about. I know that my birds communicate with each other, and I've even figured out what some of their vocalizations mean, but they seem to pick up more on what I mean. When they want food, they make the same noises and act the same way each time; when they want water, again it's the same each time, but different from when they want food; when they talk to each other they sound completely different than when they "talk" to me. Who really is the less intelligent here? They knew when I had food for them long before I knew when they wanted it. :blink:

DeletedUser

Now I know why I've made a perfect decision. Discussing with you is one of the easiest ways to get annoyed. Why? Because you never address what I said, you keep throwing in a lot of trash OUT OF NOWHERE, and didn't bother either read or answer TO THE POINT, while I myself was trying to address everything as understandable as possible. In other words, you keep AVOIDING me, you AVOID to answer me. Because either you know that you can't answer, or you don't have an answer, or you know that you're going to be countered or whatever but, still, it shows that you are weak, as stated by John Rose. If you want to throw in something, PLEASE, have something to REFER to what you have said. If anyone in here would make a compilation of what you have said, I believe no one can even understand what you are talking about, and what you really have in your mind.

And this...
And there is a reason God allows all of the suffering we experience. But if i were to explain, you would just tell me how ignorant i am for believing there is a god and that were here because we can't sustain ourselves, blah blah blah
... is a simple and plain example of ignorance at the highest level.

I stated very clear that I'm interested and curious in what you say, and we're no longer argue or something like that but discussing (and exchange information) in a very serious and friendly way. Now you ruined it, ever. I'm not going to come here anymore, your religion really have done a good job. They have BRAIN-WASHED you and put in the highest level of "faith". Well done. Thank you for such discussion. Good bye and good luck! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ir, if your doctor tells you to ABSTAIN from alcohol, does that mean you just stop drinking it, but you can inject it in your veins? NO! use your brain for something besides a hat-rack.

DeletedUser

I still can't believe you are comparing your amazing life to that of animals! i am very disappointed that you see it that way.

And the joy a dog gets when you play with does NOT compare to a humans, not to mention, dogs can't talk, most animals can't even learn a language other than there own animal language, except koko the gorilla.

you call me blind, you are more blinded than ray charles in a cave. no offense truly meant

Ok , my turn at telling you what this verse in the Bible actually means.

There is no way you can tack this description about animals and man's dominion over them with this verse. You even state it from a Bible that you claim to understand.

If you look back in the previous verses of this Chapter you will see that these were letters sent to a company of men that were traveling with Paul and Barnabus. These men are named. Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas.

This particular verse you mention is a portion of that letter. It is instructions on how to stay healthy with their bodies as well as their spiritual mind.

***King James Bible: The Acts 15:28 - For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things ;***

they are saying here "We know that you are traveling and we don't want you to have to worry about something else than being safe and healthy.

***Next verse - 15:29 - That ye abstain from meats offered to idols , and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication; from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare Thee well. ***

Back in these days people sacrificed animals to their own gods. Then they turned around and sold the same animals that were slaughtered in the local markets. It was also the custom if you did this, it was to be the best of your flock or perfect. Most that could not afford to kill the best of their flock for money purposes used one that was diseased or imperfect.
The were telling these men to make sure and check the animals they bought for their food wasn't one that had not been sacrificed and was laying around on an altar with the meat going bad before it was brought to the market.

It was only instructions for them to stay healthy so they could accomplish the jobs they were sent to do.

Blondie this is not an insult.

When I see some of the things you say to the people who are trying to discuss this with you about topics on these boards. I am amazed that you feel you are doing a good job. You really need to relax.
I also feel if you take the time to study from the manuscripts you will feel like you have been duped thus far in your life with your studies.

DeletedUser

Im relaxed, just slighty irritated when it is insinuated that im ignorant for believing in the Bible.

There is an old saying about opinions,

"Opions are like buttholes, everybody has them, and they all stink!"

But to think you are able to interpret a scripture that you don't even believe, is very wrong, i thank you Dubb for the advice, but abstaining from blood doesn't mean to just not eat or drink it. It means to completely never take it into your bodies.

The reason for this law was because blood is sacred to God, and thus his people are to hold as such. We don't bow down to it or nothing like that, but the Bible clearly says to Abstain from blood, in all ways.

And i also thank you guys for not posting your personal opinions about my religion. Even though all of you have insulted me beliefs

Ir, if your doctor tells you to ABSTAIN from alcohol, does that mean you just stop drinking it, but you can inject it in your veins? NO! use your brain for something besides a hat-rack.

honestly, think about that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.