The sheriff's outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Whatever, it doesn't matter as long as it's not all dueling skills.
How about leadership??? I was gonna say tactics but since you said no duel skills, why not leadership??? If we can't decide what's the badge is suppose to be, then this whole set would not be complete.

The sheriff enforces law in the town so he must have some leadership qualities. +7 leadership then, not too high, not too low.

Diggo11

It's still off. It seems like every single piece of gear that's ever suggested always has nothing but dueling bonuses, which is rare in existing gear.
+6 x 2 duelling skills would be fine imo, assuming it would be relatively hard to get. It's less than the dueller's arrow head, brown shawl and black bow, so without the set it still isn't too desirable.

My main concern is still that you get free handcuffs at level two.

DeletedUser

My main concern is still that you get free handcuffs at level two.

Any other ideas? The thing more related to handcuffs is the Shackle, but it dont seem too "sheriffy". About John Fitzburn, I'd say Whiskey.

DeletedUser

Yeah, the shackle doesn't work. I don't know why, and maybe it's just me, but equipping handcuffs feels like you're carrying them, but a shackle feels like you're wearing it, which isn't very sheriffy at all. ;)

@Bill: leadership was one of the skills I was thinking about, because it kind of fits, but for the most part skills don't fit. Diggo's right about +6 appearance/+6 shooting not being unbalancing, since it's not even as good as a black bow in total bonuses, but I'm irritated the inclination everyone has to give suggested items nothing but dueling skills.

DeletedUser

Yeah, the shackle doesn't work. I don't know why, and maybe it's just me, but equipping handcuffs feels like you're carrying them, but a shackle feels like you're wearing it, which isn't very sheriffy at all. ;)

It's not just you that feel like that, me too. The problem of the Handcuffs is, as Diggo said, that they're given in the Manhunt at level 2, making them a little easy to achieve, so I don't know what to put.

DeletedUser

One thing about Diggo's comment: the handcuffs wouldn't be the same as being given a walking stick for a level 2 quest, because the sheriff's badge is the rare, job loot only piece of the set, not the handcuffs. It's not like every piece of the existing sets is rare. Still, it does take away some of the appeal of that part of the set. The handcuffs were my favorite part of the set too.

DeletedUser

I agree I feel the handcuffs are a very important part of the set.

DeletedUser

I like them. So the "walking stick" of this set will be the badge, not the handcuffs, so I see no problem in keep the handcuffs. About the bonuses, I'd say leadership.

DeletedUser

What about having the product slot of the sheriffs badge replaced by the handcuffs? Just my thoughts on the set. Using my way you could still keep Fentom's original bonuses for the badge and it seems more realistic.

Now the bad part about this is that low level characters that receive the handcuffs early on in one of the first few quests will get a hefty little advantage now. Maybe the quest that gives you them at the beginning levels could be changed so that you get a different reward instead?

Does anyone read my posts? :sad: What would happen if the handcuffs gotten at level 2 were renamed "Rusty Handcuffs" and their picture was made rusty. Then you could have the handcuffs that you get as a product from prison guard remain regular handcuffs? This way, level 2's wouldn't be that close to getting the full set.

DeletedUser

Does anyone read my posts? :sad: What would happen if the handcuffs gotten at level 2 were renamed "Rusty Handcuffs" and their picture was made rusty. Then you could have the handcuffs that you get as a product from prison guard remain regular handcuffs? This way, level 2's wouldn't be that close to getting the full set.
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as an old or rusty version of a product. The handcuffs are given as a reward in that early quest cause you will need to give it on a later quest, however you have the option whether to finish that quest or keep the handcuffs for the set in case you can't do prison guard. The prison guard job isn't a very hard job when you had a normal skill build for charisma so you have an opportunity to regain the handcuffs and use it as part of the set. Since finding the handcuffs on prison guard is pretty hard, the rarity itself makes it an ideal part of a good set.

If there is anything you should worry about, that would be the badge cause even though you know it can be found on a high luck job, there is no telling when or where precisely you are gonna find it or if you are gonna find it at all whereas the handcuffs, you are certain that it can be found on a particular job even though the chances of finding it is slim.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as an old or rusty version of a product. The handcuffs are given as a reward in that early quest cause you will need to give it on a later quest, however you have the option whether to finish that quest or keep the handcuffs for the set in case you can't do prison guard. The prison guard job isn't a very hard job when you had a normal skill build for charisma so you have an opportunity to regain the handcuffs and use it as part of the set. Since finding the handcuffs on prison guard is pretty hard, the rarity itself makes it an ideal part of a good set.

If there is anything you should worry about, that would be the badge cause even though you know it can be found on a high luck job, there is no telling when or where precisely you are gonna find it or if you are gonna find it at all whereas the handcuffs, you are certain that it can be found on a particular job even though the chances of finding it is slim.

There was Whiskey given from quests. There was "Empty bottle" too, a "rusty" version of a product. Altought this has absolutely nothing to do with the set.

I think it's no problem in keeping the handcuffs, because the hard thing to find wouldn't be them, but the Sheriff badge.

DeletedUser

So are we all set? If so, please update the first page Bill. I really love it if this idea can make its way to the devs. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Will take too much time and we have not really agreed on a number of things yet.

My suggestion

Handcuffs = product
Badge (neck) bonus = 6+ Leadership
Work to substitue Army = Bounty Hunter

DeletedUser

Yep but we haven't yet all agreed on what will the set give as a whole.

Alright, I'd suggst Charisma, mainly Leadership (if said people dueling skills aren't wanted). Id also suggest the Black Spiked shoes as a shoes to add the 5th item

Gray Stetson
+1 Strength
+1 Dexterity
+13 Health points
+14 Fine motor skills
Sheriff's Badge
+6 Leadership
Black Waistcoat
+1 Dexterity
+7 Reflex
+9 Shooting
+8 Leadership