The sheriff's outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

You could replace serving in the army with peace negotiations. I'm sure that as a sheriff you would need to make peace with blood thirsty indians.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I doubt it, considering handcuffs are a quest reward at level 2 :p If handcuffs were to be included in the set I'd recommend making the sheriff's star a quest reward for the Transporting Prisoners quest.
Then, it would be too hard and almost impossible for people who don't have skill builds for transporting prisoners to obtain. At least something like the walking stick can be found on luck jobs.

You could replace serving in the army with peace negotiations. I'm sure that as a sheriff you would need to make peace with blood thirsty indians.
This looks like the work of pilgrims and peace makers, not likely the work of an average sheriff but does have point.

DeletedUser

So Bounty Hunter! = Chasing down all around and arresting fugitives

DeletedUser

So Bounty Hunter! = Chasing down all around and arresting fugitives
Bounty hunter isn't a lawful job for a lawman like a sheriff because you get paid to kill someone rather than catch them, put them to trial and jail them. Its very similar to mercenary work.

DeletedUser

Bounty hunter isn't a lawful job for a lawman like a sheriff because you get paid to kill someone rather than catch them, put them to trial and jail them. Its very similar to mercenary work.

Not what wikipedia says:
A bounty hunter captures fugitives for a monetary reward (bounty). Other names, mainly used in the United States, include, bail enforcement agent, fugitive recovery agent, and bail fugitive investigator.

Those who kill, are head hunters or hitmans. Those who catch and jail are bounty hunters. Mercenary is joining a war party for money, not recovering fugitives.

DeletedUser

In reality, it actually is pretty accurate. Real Western sheriffs were often more mercenaries hired by a town's business interests than peace officers dedicated to protecting the town's citizens. Wyatt Earp is a great example. He wasn't quite the hero he's been portrayed to be. He was hired by Tombstone silver mining companies to protect their interests and the anarchist "cowboys" made them nervous.

But reality has nothing to do with it, since the game is based more on the Old West of myth than that of reality.

DeletedUser

In reality, it actually is pretty accurate. Real Western sheriffs were often more mercenaries hired by a town's business interests than peace officers dedicated to protecting the town's citizens. Wyatt Earp is a great example. He wasn't quite the hero he's been portrayed to be. He was hired by Tombstone silver mining companies to protect their interests and the anarchist "cowboys" made them nervous.

But reality has nothing to do with it, since the game is based more on the Old West of myth than that of reality.

So do you agree with Bounty Hunter being one of the sheriff's jobs?

DeletedUser

The point is moot, because I'm opposed to the set until the sheriff's star is given reasonable bonuses.

Oh ok, but I just want to know if you all want the star as a neckband or as a product. If it's a product the bonus should go down to +4 or +5 each, if it's a neckgear I'd say to stay as it is.

DeletedUser

I said I like having handcuffs as part of the set, so the badge would have to be a neckband...

DeletedUser

It's still off. It seems like every single piece of gear that's ever suggested always has nothing but dueling bonuses, which is rare in existing gear.

DeletedUser

What skills should they be then?

Anything but appearance and shooting, which is always suggested. Shawls are good enough, but everyone seems to think firearms needs an answer to the brown shawl, which they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.