1.23 Thanksgiving Quest

DeletedUser

the devs wont change it they dont listen to us and they dont seem to care

No, they are more active on beta server & forum, they listen to player's comments and reports (don't know if it's all the time since I just joined beta like a week ago) and I do see changes being made on beta and some came onto the servers here.

For example, you can now change gear while asleep.

I think they probably just don't bother to come to this forum.

DeletedUser

As one of the rewards is 1 AP, which can't be won otherwise, it is not fair for the ones that won't be able to do it till thanksgiving. As the quest is more difficult than the other seasonal ones, it should't have a time limit, so everybody can get the AP. If it does have a time limit, then the devs should change that.
I would guess that as long as you start the quest-line (i.e. accept the first "mission") before thanksgiving or December, or whatever the limit is, you could finish it in July if you'd like.

Isn't that how all these, start-at-a-certain-time quests work?

DeletedUser

I don't know, I never tried. But the question is up there and it makes no sense to have a finish time limit.

DeletedUser

No, they are more active on beta server & forum, they listen to player's comments and reports (don't know if it's all the time since I just joined beta like a week ago) and I do see changes being made on beta and some came onto the servers here.

For example, you can now change gear while asleep.

I think they probably just don't bother to come to this forum.

your right they do listen on beta, im on world 5 but the map on there dosnt work very well on there

DeletedUser

GET TEN TURKEY LEGS!!!!!! to complete this quest!!!!! ( a loud thump was heard in my apartment as I fell out of my chair in disbelief.) Hunting turkey is the most reviled, unloved and fruitless quest in all worlds! It takes forever to get any and to get ten of them will take forever plus a day. I am glad I got two moldy ones in my backpack to start out with. Wow, I hope they re-adjust that requirement. At first I thought Sheriff John was crazy because he was giving me all this corn for helping him but now I see....

DeletedUser

I was rather hoping it would be another item of clothing along the lines of last years Santa hat rather than skill or ap points.

DeletedUser

These darn turkeys are throwing corn and berries at me while I am hunting them. I hate turkeys. That is why I deep fry them.

DeletedUser

I started out with 2 moldy corn in my backpack, after I drove picking corn's motivation down to 80% range since 2 days ago, I have gotten 1, yes, 1 corn :(

I shudder to think what kind of luck I'll get for turkey, I'm an adventurer so supposedly I can get work products easier :(

DeletedUser

I would guess that as long as you start the quest-line (i.e. accept the first "mission") before thanksgiving or December, or whatever the limit is, you could finish it in July if you'd like.

Isn't that how all these, start-at-a-certain-time quests work?

As long as the time isn't included in the quest completion requirements, like the second level 67 quest or that Sunday soldier's quest.

I was rather hoping it would be another item of clothing along the lines of last years Santa hat rather than skill or ap points.

QFT. I guess they ran out of clothing, since everything was already tied up in the pilgrim's and Indian's sets. The could at least give us a product, like a whole turkey or something.

I started out with 2 moldy corn in my backpack, after I drove picking corn's motivation down to 80% range since 2 days ago, I have gotten 1, yes, 1 corn :(

I got my motivation on picking oranges down to 63% on w1 before finding my last one. Then I...umm...forgot to accept the 2nd quest or misclicked or something and wasted 10 hours laying railroad tracks. I'm not redoing it on w1, I'll just do it on Beta and w2, where I've completed all quests besides the level 67 quests, including destroying Hernando's sword.

DeletedUser

I hope there isn't a time limit on this one, I'm still waiting for them to sort out the green screen of death.

DeletedUser

Ja, in general I'm now finding the cornfields are being stingy. 180+ labor points and I work 1/2, 1, 2 hours and get 1 corn plus people shoot me! I am going to pray and see if it gets better.

DeletedUser

Do we know what's after shooting 10 turkeys? Anyone managed to get them all already?

DeletedUser

Do we know what's after shooting 10 turkeys? Anyone managed to get them all already?

I don't think so. I was thinking that was the last quest, because quests with AP/SP rewards are usually the last quest in a group, but now that you mention it, there are exceptions, so maybe there will be some seasonal clothing or product, probably a free quest. We'll see, I have 6 turkeys on Beta.

DeletedUser

I'm a newbie...I'm ranked Lv.9 in the game...& for the life of me I can't find the job I need to pick oranges for Henry's Thanksgiving quest. Help please!! Thanks!

DeletedUser

I already have 15 turkeys , yeah baby!
Bet now you are jealous of me XD

Seriously, if I were the dev,..The requirement I would have set would have been ->Bring heads of atleast 10 devs,..if you miss(that is, if they shoot you with Watt Earp's)..., try again!!

Maybe we get a free hernando for this quest?..Becoz its thanksgiving!![After all, we spent real money buying premium]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Looks like thats the last

quest_263

barkeeper.png

Thanksgiving (Thanksgiving III)

Barkeeper Henry Walker: Luis will arrive on time now. But the most important thing is still missing: A turkey!

Bring Henry 10 turkeys.

Requires: Turkey 2/10

Reward: + 1 attribute point towards Charisma

Accept quest Complete quest Cancel quest

DeletedUser

I'm a newbie...I'm ranked Lv.9 in the game...& for the life of me I can't find the job I need to pick oranges for Henry's Thanksgiving quest. Help please!! Thanks!
You most likely don't have the skills required to do the job. Jobs don't appear on the world map until you're close to being able to do them (-100 LP or something). Have a look at http://www.weststats.com/Jobs/ for more info.

Edit:
Job finished: Hunting turkeyToday at 1:16 PMDelete
Hunting turkey

motivation.png

94%

clock.png
2 hours
dollar_bonus.png
$ 14
experience.png
26 Experience points
luck_bonus.png
turkey.png

Three turkey legs! I know what I'll be thankful for! :D

DeletedUser

Got 3 berries, 4 corn and 1 oranges. Will continue on oranges as soon as the Green Green Grass of Death lets me...

The Iceman

9 turkey legs in 10 hours has to be an all time record :)

Job finished: Hunting turkey Today at 2:26 PM
Job finished: Hunting turkey Today at 12:26 PM
Job finished: Hunting turkey Today at 10:26 AM
Job finished: Hunting turkey Today at 8:26 AM
Job finished: Hunting turkey Today at 6:26 AM

http://www.weststats.com/Inventory/841508b0501e438b3454035ed9bea3f9/

On the beta I have gotten 1 in 8 hours :(

Quest Finished
There is nothing after the Turkey legs
My personal opinion: Thats a [crappy] quest :(