[SaltineJesus] Character of men

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Pork? I.... I don't remember that ever being a racially stereotypical food....

Of course, watermelon passed right over my head until I saw it as a meme on the Internet. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Pork? I.... I don't remember that ever being a racially stereotypical food....

Of course, watermelon passed right over my head until I saw it as a meme on the Internet. :D
Looks like you are living an extremely misguided path. You lust upon women, just as can be reflected from your forum avatar. Anyone who have committed lust shall have committed adultery at some point. Man, you're gonna have a lo........ng discussion with SJ.

DeletedUser

Hey now !!
Any decent Southerner worth his salt will eat any thing off a pig except the oink . Specialy fried up in flour and lard .
That aint something just for the darkies .

DeletedUser

This discussion just hit the floor.

What the heck is with those last two posts?

DeletedUser

At the risk of sounding like another Holy Roller, I have to make a few comments too.

It never ceases to amaze me how those who profess to be such devout believers suddenly turn their backs on what they once believed when it isn't working in their own favor.

Freedom to choose our own paths, thoughts and actions has been one of the greatest gifts mankind has received. I see too many people who believe it's a good thing, and proof of a loving God when it comes to being able to choose for themselves, but... it apparently is proof of an unjust or uncaring God when others are free to think, act, and follow paths that don't fit in with our own.

Just as it is harder to love your enemies and your oppressors than it is your family and friends, it is harder to appreciate others' right to choose to abuse or oppress us than it is our own right to choose our paths in life. If it takes becoming one of the oppressed to make us see that oppressing others is cruel and often inhumane, then maybe it should happen to more of us.

People are allowed to mistreat others for the same reason that they are allowed to do anything else. We will all reap what we sow, and to remain firm in your beliefs while in the face of adversity is a great way to insure a plentiful harvest.

DeletedUser

Calling one's beliefs into question and turning one's back on the ultimate love of the Lord are not the same thing and to suggest as much is to negate the experiences of some of the greatest religious minds of history - so be careful what you insinuate. To question is not an affront to God.

There is also a difference in understanding between empathizing with the suffering of another and experiencing it oneself. I never questioned such things as not being inhumane, but nor did I have as great an appreciation for them as I do now that the Lord has seen it fit to let me feel these hateful acts with my own skin.

I have a hard time accepting that each man ought to be allowed to abuse and destroy his fellows. It is something that I have always had a flimsy grip on and "free will" doesn't allow me to tighten that.

DeletedUser

Calling one's beliefs into question and turning one's back on the ultimate love of the Lord are not the same thing and to suggest as much is to negate the experiences of some of the greatest religious minds of history - so be careful what you insinuate. To question is not an affront to God.

There is also a difference in understanding between empathizing with the suffering of another and experiencing it oneself. I never questioned such things as not being inhumane, but nor did I have as great an appreciation for them as I do now that the Lord has seen it fit to let me feel these hateful acts with my own skin.

I have a hard time accepting that each man ought to be allowed to abuse and destroy his fellows. It is something that I have always had a flimsy grip on and "free will" doesn't allow me to tighten that.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I don't believe you have turned your back on ultimate love of the Lord, I said that you may be turning your back on what you once believed. I also didn't say I thought anything you have said or done was an affront to God or anyone else.

I was simply saying that it's easier to accept that we are all free to choose how we live our lives when we are treated fairly, or somewhat fairly, than it is when we are treated worse than the donkeys men ride or the cattle they butcher. If it were easy to follow the Word, all would probably do it. To be given the choice between following it while living in adversity, or not following it while living in luxury, it is only to truly faithful who will choose the adversity.

Those who choose not to live by it, will likely wish they had when their moment of Judgement comes.

DeletedUser

do not be judged by the color of your skin or your beliefs but by your works and those that flourish thru them.

DeletedUser

I apologize for misunderstanding you. As you have stated it here, I agree with you. Saying the world is wonderful while you ride high is easy. Maintaining that attitude when you must beg at the feet of the lost is another matter.

The shock of the situation led me to anger and that anger inclined me to thoughts and words that are not entirely in line with how I lived until this point. It is a weakness of man to lose control of such outbursts even when in his heart he knows the truth and to search for answers in the bottom of a glass of whiskey even when all he need do is look up.

This has been a good reminder to me of my humanity and of my faults. I hope that I can pass through the shock and anger quickly and continue my work.

DeletedUser

Black Jack "What the heck is with those last two posts ?"
I was just saying , being offered a piece a pork aint a bad thing .
And it looks like Bill there is worried about Your spirital well being .

DeletedUser

Well I'm not very concerned about what Bill thinks. He/she does not even know me.

And as for your post, just the fact you used the word "darkies" seemed a bit out of the blue to use in conversation, that's all.

DeletedUser

as he walked thru the first trials of his faith, he was found wanting.

DeletedUser

Laborer really isn't the most attractive class, but I've already suggested both versions of this game be fused to get back our avatars. I'll start a petition if I have to(pain in the neck).

I wish we could import our own avatars into the west game! Why should we settle for there artwork and ideas of what we look like.

DeletedUser

Well now , no offense was meant .
Sounded better to my ear than , " worthless n*****s " .
Sides Brother Johnson from Mt. Vernon Primative Baptist said it
was an acceptable term . Then too what's them uneducated hill billies know .

DeletedUser

Well I'm not very concerned about what Bill thinks. He/she does not even know me.

And as for your post, just the fact you used the word "darkies" seemed a bit out of the blue to use in conversation, that's all.
I did not force you to believe on what I said. I just think that you should better be careful on what you're saying. You are free to post your opinions here, but its wrong to slander what others believe. I think you're a bit of a faith critic.

DeletedUser

well i'm back to explain more on my situation, just to see if these religious talking people can figure out why i believe as i do.

i was raised in a catholic family, going to church every sunday, watching my swearing, going to catholic school and recieving the sacraments. but no matter how much they told me, taught me, or showed me, it didn't seem right! i read the bible, cover to cover and understood it (yes, all), and even started some of the more complicated discussions with the preists and teachers. i convinced a teacher who has believed in god faithfully for over 45 years that maybe the son of god hasn't been on earth yet by just asking what a couple of paragraphs i found in the book of revelations meant. i have researched a couple of other religions, looked on the net for explaination and have yet to find anything that explains, proves, or just makes me have faith in god or anyother higher being. i just can't believe...

is there anyone here who thinks they know what is right? or what should be believed in? because i bet i have thought of it, heared of it,or seen it and it has failed in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.