The Ride of the Marshals - Sin City and Las Vegas burn

• Thread starter DeletedUser9891
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

This what I think -FOM- comes, one of the most powerfull allinces ever, someone one from -FOM- attacks a builder now all of -FOM- is bad guys for doing what they think is right. This is pathitic basically this is now a whine fest but carry on lol I dont mind:)

This just my opinion.

DeletedUser

Oh I see. Well I stand corrected then. Because I was under the impression it involved -FoM- because of the very fact it was brought into this thread and KK had acted as ambassador to peace in the mater. But hey what do I know right. I didn't just re-read this whole thread once again.:blink:

Now you understand why I said this thread had gone off track pages ago with all the bickering and arguing. Imagine that.:p

It was brought into this thread because FoM was attacking them. You can't do X, then when somebody says something about it use their comments as justification. It doesn't work that way.

What appears to have happened was that Bat Country and Copper Creek had a war going on, Copper Creek joined FoM and either had that they were at war with Bat Country on their page, or complained to kittenkicker who got a few duelers to attack Bat Country. It would appear that since the cause of the war has been jumbled quite a bit, somebody is lying. The causes have included attacking an adventurer, farming an adventurer, and farming workers. Since 2/3 involve the adventurer, I think it's safe to assume this is what it centers around. I believe this is the founder, who is also kittenkicker's friend. My GUESS is that kittenkicker's friend told him that they were farming him, and naturally as a friend, kittenkicker went to help him out.

Originally, I think the fuss was about how FoM got involved in their little war, but I think it's evolved into a crusade to try to get you guys to admit that attacking workers in a time of war is hypocritical considering your core ideal.

This brings up another point - has FoM formally declared war on Bat Country? If not, doesn't that open a whole new can of worms? I am assuming workers of Bat Country have been hit by somebody other than a Copper.

I will admit that I am not entirely familiar with the situation since I only know what has been said here (which is in some cases conflicting and quite possibly inaccurate), but at least I don't presume to be omniscient. I am not taking a side, and I think both parties are at fault. I am simply offering a third party point of view.

Also, please don't be such a smart aleck to me in the future, I'd appreciate it.

DeletedUser

This what I think -FOM- comes, one of the most powerfull allinces ever, someone one from -FOM- attacks a builder now all of -FOM- is bad guys for doing what they think is right. This is pathitic basically this is now a whine fest but carry on lol I dont mind:)

This just my opinion.

Yes I agree. That's why I said that it's unfair to judge an entire organization based on a few bad eggs. However, you have to realize that this is the exact same thing you guys do. Somebody attacks a worker, you all rush in and KO the town. This is why I added in that it's also unfair to judge an entire town by a few bad eggs as well ;)

DeletedUser9891

It was brought into this thread because FoM was attacking them. You can't do X, then when somebody says something about it use their comments as justification. It doesn't work that way.

My feeling on why other FoM towns attacked (I certainly didn't give an order to, nor did I attend any duels against Bat Country) is that people saw the KO'd builders in Coppers towns and asked why. I wasn't ever asked to "Help out" or send in troops. That was how I found out about it anyway.

What appears to have happened was that Bat Country and Copper Creek had a war going on

Correct

Copper Creek joined FoM and either had that they were at war with Bat Country on their page, or complained to kittenkicker who got a few duelers to attack Bat Country

No complaints ever received... I actively asked what was happening when I was skimming towns to look at dueler numbers and peruse stores.

It would appear that since the cause of the war has been jumbled quite a bit, somebody is lying. The causes have included attacking an adventurer, farming an adventurer, and farming workers. Since 2/3 involve the adventurer, I think it's safe to assume this is what it centers around. I believe this is the founder, who is also kittenkicker's friend. My GUESS is that kittenkicker's friend told him that they were farming him, and naturally as a friend, kittenkicker went to help him out.

Part of the problem with the compaints is that it's actually a mixture of two complaints on this thread… the other one was from Drunken Muffins founder and the other from Bat Country.

Monmouth -were- involved in the DM dispute as it was our Founder who was repeat farmed, and duelers sent to deal with their duelers (All pre-FoM I might add), and then one of theirs started hitting workers so we gave a kill order for the whole town, including telegrams stating -why- people had been attacked. Apparently some people were over zealous (I don't recall but I did suggest they message that if they don't control their duelers, this is what they get) but I don't believe they were told to be called stupid. Creative licence :)

This was always on our splash page, and still is. Most builders tend not to be happy to be dueled, especially when it's someone else who doesn't read bringing it to them.

I've heard all sorts of rubbish excuses including "I just hit whoever gives me XP". That's fine, but don't whine when we do what we have publicised we will do.

As for the Bat Country problems, I only ever asked what was happening, and we didn't get involved.

I've been speaking with Pezzle in telegrams because he's a decent and reasonable guy and doesn't get angsty or rude.

As I said to him I'll be happy to sort out a peace and if anyone from Coppers broke it to have them instantly expelled and put on an FoM blacklist and get their butts whupped wherever they land.

Peace isn't coming, so I don't really see what else I can do. I am not prepared to kick out a town on the word of another that won't come to terms.

Originally, I think the fuss was about how FoM got involved in their little war, but I think it's evolved into a crusade to try to get you guys to admit that attacking workers in a time of war is hypocritical considering your core ideal.

Tbh, we've stated from the first week (we were one of the first towns up and 5th to finish, no matter what it says on one of the Eagle towns splash pages :p) that anyone who attacks our builders will "get it", as do dozens of other towns. We've stuck to that and will continue to do so.

Yes, it'd be nice to be all shiny and Paladin-like, but in real terms it doesn't work. Everyone on the internet is a movie star, they get their little role on The West and if you purely reciprocate against them you end up with "Hide in the Hotel" games and all sorts of other rubbish, and it becomes a time sink to keep trying to hit them.

I'm not prepared to waste time or energy focussing on people that don't read our rules, so our reply is simplistic.

If it's a simple one off, I generally give people the benefit of the doubt, and message the founders stating if it happens again we'll be round to wipe the floor with them. Some don't take it well and say "Do it", others dislike the tone, but come around, and some people are very apologetic.

I've built good relationships with people that have started off bad, and have had a lot of trouble players booted out of their towns for not sticking to their own towns rules, without the need to "Send in the Marshals"

This brings up another point - has FoM formally declared war on Bat Country? If not, doesn't that open a whole new can of worms? I am assuming workers of Bat Country have been hit by somebody other than a Copper.

Nope, not at any time. And I'd imagine where they're placed they would have been dueled by a few FoM towns. I need to do a recount, but they are numerous.

I will admit that I am not entirely familiar with the situation since I only know what has been said here (which is in some cases conflicting and quite possibly inaccurate), but at least I don't presume to be omniscient. I am not taking a side, and I think both parties are at fault. I am simply offering a third party point of view.

I appreciate that and it's nice to know that we have someone to mediate the situation, hopefully.

And people, please stop being disrespectful to others here who've done nothing, leave Smitten out of it in particular.

Pezzle, you're at least discussing and being reasonable, but again if you won't give me anything to work with you can keep going the way you are.
I think I am being very fair to both parties here, and would appreciate positive criticism on the matter.

DeletedUser9891

Yes I agree. That's why I said that it's unfair to judge an entire organization based on a few bad eggs. However, you have to realize that this is the exact same thing you guys do. Somebody attacks a worker, you all rush in and KO the town. This is why I added in that it's also unfair to judge an entire town by a few bad eggs as well ;)

As I just stated, that's -not- what we do, at least not all the time ;)

Depending on the Leadership of the town we go in guns blazing or give an opportunity to fix the siuation.

Some solutions have been;

Offending player was kicked

Offending player apologised for not reading the town splash page and promised to not attack our build team again

Offending player KOd and warned. If negative response from player town founders messaged to advise if it happens again they are all for it, as it's town policy

Offending player given a titty twister in one case (someones cousin had been doing naughties, so the founder slapped him in person)

Town founders have spoken to the player and no more attacks

Whole town dueled to death for 2 weeks running (Roman Empire, who eventually got caught for being the same or 2 people with 8 accounts and an ego bigger than all of ours put together... huuuuuuge)

Soooo... on the whole it's been a split. Especially with allied towns... and yes I've had builders dueled on at least 5 or 6 occasions by FOM duelers who don't read their mails or forums. In these cases someone got kicked, others got educated by the Founders and had a few retaliatory slaps to enforce it, or just talks in one case.

No system is perfect and communications ingame are ropey at best.

That said, love the game and the interractions I do have, so it's not a big deal.

We aren't bullies or psychos, we just don't brook no sh*t.

DeletedUser

agreed.

Strong internal structure is predominant in Hidden.

Everything's pretty strict regarding retaliation.

DeletedUser

See, if you're not willing to get rid of towns that habitually don't conform to your ideals, then what good are the ideals in the first place. We don't really believe that you'd kick your friends, as we wouldn't ourselves. So the only other option is to drop the good guy act.

Also.

Kitten, you type a lot of words. You should try to be more concise.

DeletedUser

KK, I am not sure what else I can tell you. I think I have provided you ample examples and information. The reactions are one of three?

A) Do not want to get involved
B) Do not believe (siding with your friends)
C) Do not care

All of that is fine. I think it is a bit unfair to say you have nothing to go on. This is not personal and there is no anger. This is just another aspect of the game. You can gather others into your alliance. We are pointing out what we find as an issue.

DeletedUser

I really don't understand how people don't see a difference between attacking builders and attacking builders in war time. The idea is to protect builders, but it's not just to protect any and all builders. It is to protect builders who are not building to support duelers who attack others builders.

When you are a part of a town you are responsible for your fellow townspeople. The way I see it, this means that if I am a dueler I ought to be protecting the weaker classes in my town. If I am a builder, I'm building the town up to better equip my townspeople. This responsibility works the other way too. If people in my town go off and cause problems with another town. I am responsible for that. If I don't like what my townpeople are doing, I can try to get them to stop, or I can find a town whose players act in a way I agree with.

When I first read some of the stuff about Bat Country and the Coppers, I was concerned that the Coppers might not be towns that I wished to be allied with. I don't know exactly all that happened. But, from what I've read here it appears that there a some within Bat Country that just like to stir up trouble. And so, I have my doubts about some of there accounts of what happened.

In the end the two are at war with each other, and they don't seem interested in limiting the extent of the war to non-builders. And Righ is an adventurer whose dueling level is 11 over his character level. Are you really complaining about being dueled and KOed?

DeletedUser

At no point has this been Bat Country complaining about knockouts. Peace was brokered that Coppers broke with delight. Now peace is offered again, why make peace with habitual liars and the untrustworthy? (That is not the only instance of copper misbehavior).

Attacking us has consequences, we are not heroic. We will attack any member of an offending town without apology. Bat Country is willing to negotiate and broker deals, we are reasonable people. We did not roll over for the Copper bullies and now take them to task on the issue.

Members of this community could testify towards our reasonable nature and willingness to abide by agreements. We have our house in order and there is no misrepresentation.

Just so you know. I am ranked 10 above my level for pvp. I have no issue attacking a builder or anyone else we are in conflict with. I do not understand the protectionist nature of this community towards builders. In fact, our builders, having been subjected to systematic attacks by Coppers, urged us to hit their builders as a priority.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ya know what I care diddley squat about Bat Country and the Coppers war.

This thread was started by KK to boast or crow or brag about a feat that has never happened in all the worlds of The West until world 8. He and his fellow friends that started -FoM- earned the right to brag, boast, crow, or stand on a soap box by defeating a bunch of would be mafia bullies. They did it by out thinking them, and then out playing them. They had 200+ players join their fight and do the impossible. This in itself earned them the right to boast or brag.

The sad part about all this is that a bunch of players with chips on their shoulders turned this thread into one great big gigantic cluster crap. Their constant crying foul at every turn has taken the contents of this thread from the original to a level of constant turmoil. I personally think it's pathetic to do such a thing.

I say let the man brag and boast. He and his buddies earned that right by going up against impossible odds and then pulling off the impossible.

Now what part of that doesn't anyone understand?:mad::p

DeletedUser

Impossible odds? What the heck are you talking about? Are you suggesting anyone should be able to 'crow' on the forums and there be no accountability? It just so happens I like KK. We get along well from my point of view. If what you mean is 'let us gladhand in public without rebuke' then yeah, we have an issue. Public forum. Be able to back it up ;)

Oh, and how about that FoM guy sitting in our town for 2 days without moving? Beastro? Control your people. Unless of course it is FoM doctrine to camp non war people for several days on end. Is this a declaration of War?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And Righ is an adventurer whose dueling level is 11 over his character level. Are you really complaining about being dueled and KOed?

I did not complain. I posted to provide information. Since then, numerous people have been attacked by the same soldier in concert with attacks from Copper soldiers.

KK & SK claim its just a proximity thing. Apparently having your town camped by the same guy for 48 hours is par for the course if you live near a FoM town, and nothing to do with belligerence.

DeletedUser

Ya know what I care diddley squat about Bat Country and the Coppers war.

This thread was started by KK to boast or crow or brag about a feat that has never happened in all the worlds of The West until world 8. He and his fellow friends that started -FoM- earned the right to brag, boast, crow, or stand on a soap box by defeating a bunch of would be mafia bullies. They did it by out thinking them, and then out playing them. They had 200+ players join their fight and do the impossible. This in itself earned them the right to boast or brag.

The sad part about all this is that a bunch of players with chips on their shoulders turned this thread into one great big gigantic cluster crap. Their constant crying foul at every turn has taken the contents of this thread from the original to a level of constant turmoil. I personally think it's pathetic to do such a thing.

I say let the man brag and boast. He and his buddies earned that right by going up against impossible odds and then pulling off the impossible.

Now what part of that doesn't anyone understand?:mad::p

Holy Moley. You guys really managed to zerg down an opponent? Was it the power of sheer numbers? The thought of the sheer skill it took to manipulate the random number generator.... It just blows my little mind. How valiant, sir. You're my hero.

This post is intentionally facetious.

DeletedUser9891

KK, I am not sure what else I can tell you. I think I have provided you ample examples and information. The reactions are one of three?

A) Do not want to get involved
B) Do not believe (siding with your friends)
C) Do not care

All of that is fine. I think it is a bit unfair to say you have nothing to go on. This is not personal and there is no anger. This is just another aspect of the game. You can gather others into your alliance. We are pointing out what we find as an issue.

Thanks, I appreciate your decency.

Ok;

A) After you messaged me initially I offered to get involved to make some sort of peace treaty. You refused. Understandably from your point of view, but I was told a similar but different story which led me to feel there were grounds for negotiation. Obviously there weren't.

B) Why should I believe when you aren't prepared to negotiate? And recent behaviour from your townspeople makes it even harder to be interested now.

C) I no longer care because of A and B

I have hearsay, he said she said and some of your towns people coming here, being whiny and disrespectful to people who don't deserve it.

Is that supposed to make me want to help anymore?

I've already offered, and the offer still stands... if you accept a peace negotiation, which I will broker, then if someone from Coppers breaks it I'll see them hung out to dry.

I really can't see why you think I don't wish to be involved when I've already tried.

Just as if Coppers came to me about you guys and said "We're being farmed, please send 200 duelers, camp and KO them" it wouldn't happen without some sort of discussion... and at no point have they ever asked us for help.

As for people camping your town, perhaps you should message them politely and see what happens? I don't think your allies are really doing you any favours with these posts.

I have time for you Pez, and will gladly work out some deal... but only because you've been decent and polite in all our talks, as have I. I wish more of your people behaved as you do.

DeletedUser

Holy Moley. You guys really managed to zerg down an opponent? Was it the power of sheer numbers? The thought of the sheer skill it took to manipulate the random number generator.... It just blows my little mind. How valiant, sir. You're my hero.

This post is intentionally facetious.

Gyoza I see you still don't get it and probably never will. Being facetious is only one of your flaws. The other being your inability to read and understand the written english language.

Now as I stated in another thread.

"You just want to argue and look for any excuse to do so.

So "Check Mate". :)

Have a good day.

Don't go away mad, just go away.:p:laugh:

DeletedUser

He's helping about as much as Gyoza is .. if not a little more so.

DeletedUser

Well let's see if this might be a reminder of what this thread is truly about. And why I said KK and Charlie (KKs friend) could brag all they want. Read it very very carefully and slowly so as not to miss anything. I'd hate to think you might miss the whole point as to why KK posted the thread in the first place. And why I stated he could brag all he wished. ;):)

THANK YOU MARSHALS FOR YOUR JUSTICE. Long Live Wyatt Earp!

AT least 250 Duelers were involved in the first RIDE OF THE MARSHALS.(see thread)
Truly an Historic event ! Has anyone seen a gathering to compare to the shear crazy size of this Assault Action in ANY browser game? I COULD NOT BELIEVE the level of resentment built up against these vicious thug gangster towns. I had Telegrams coming in complaining that both Saloons were ko'd and they'd arrived too late to taste some of the Justice for themselves. Amazing, unique, browser game phenomenon!

Hidden was the Second town on World 8 and happened to choose the wrong neighbour! The original Pioneers were a Peace loving bunch wanting nothing to do with war & have had to relocated their town wayyyyy away from any predator towns.(Shinnan24,Maiina,Taz26 & 5 friends) Original town renamed FoM Fort Hidden, because it has been a stronghold standing up to a bully from day one.

Living in the shadow of relentless brutality, I tip my hat to the residents of our town. Great character guys, Honoured to serve you! While this resilient little town has survived overwhelming hostile forces, I've observed at least SEVEN other Towns reduced to Ghost Towns by Sin City & Co constant viciousness.
That includes our brother town 'Disguised' finally abandoned 04/06/09 after relentless harsh assaults we were unable to protect them from.(The final four residents had barely been conscience for weeks) Drac Kee sir,& the last remanent, I respect your acheivement of courageously holding out for so long under such continual heavy fire.Enjoy your Peace now!.

I resolved to make Disguised the last town I was going to watch 'farmed' into Ghost Town status and set about breaking the 'Spell of Terror' these Bandit Towns had cast across the 30 or so towns in our county. The manner in which the 'Federation of Marshals' came about through discussions between Kittenkicker and myself is quite a story, and deserves to be told on a seperate thread. (Right Sir kk?) It was actually shinnan24 who initially had the courage to endorse my 'crazy and dangerous' ideas. (Much to the dread of his battered Town Council hehehe).

But today is a great day for relief and Justice. The Sin City Gang will be hounded to the four corners of World 8 thanks to the 35 or so towns that have been contacted that actually care about some integrity, fair play & Justice for the oppressed. Thank you Marshal Towns, Thank you! Let's see some "Protect and Serve" profiles in the Top 20 list. Ain't we all so tired of all that 'brag,brag,fear me,fear me, if you see me you're already dead' bollocks!? Lord knows, I am!

I have to mention the fearless Greek Power Mungas, who constantly attacked a greater force recklessly (Mad Greeks!) and the Toxicity Champs. True friends in the hour of need. Bill - a one man gutsy little army - constantly reporting back who he had 'softened up' for us & how many health points they lost before he'd been ko'd. (Telegram is more powerful than the Gun Bill lol!) Love his sheer gutsiness.:rollg:

Thanks Sir kk & John Heffernan for caring. Thanks for your tireless efforts to make it happen.(Kittenkicker's Telegram is WAY more deadly than his Precise Deringer). Thanks Shinnan24 for beleiving in the crazy Vision and giving me a platform to speak out and 'Break the Terror'

BUT MOST OF ALL THANK YOU TO YOU FoM DEPUTIES AND THE GROWING LIST OF TOWNS THAT CARE ABOUT ENFORCING THE PEACE AND RELEASING THE OPPRESSED.

Only pity is in this game we have no hangman's gallows! :sad:
Maybe an upgrade Admin?

(P.S. Fort Hidden has not only survived, but now thrived with a Top 10 Listing and a fighting force of veteran Duelers.:p)
Marshal Yuchon Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.