Does anyone else regret voting for Barack Obama yet?

DeletedUser8950

Hahaha nashy19, sorry I'm not usually to bad with all ths lol gtg qft brb stuff...honest:bandit:
And sorry Divest, you and Justin Miachel would be good pals...you make long posts which make little sense then think you're smart.

DeletedUser

you make long posts which make little sense then think you're smart.

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean that it doesn't make sense.

I have a strong feeling that in school, when people were laughing, you often didn't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean that it doesn't make sense.

I have a strong feeling that in school, when people were laughing, you often didn't get it.

It's okay. There's a place for people like you as well.

you are the only one who can understand

DeletedUser

To be fair Obama got a bad hand ... and he's doing what he thinks is right and best ...

But look at the S&P 500 chart since he got voted in ...

The market was bad before he got voted in BUT the wheels have come completely off the track since then ...

ps GM and Ford have been bankrupt for years ... the only thing that have kept them afloat was their ability to continue to sell bonds to the public, and "funny" accounting practices with healthcare and the pension funds.

DeletedUser

I agree with the rest of your post but I think one of the main things about Ron Paul was his delivery. It's not to say that he didn't have good ideas, he did, but they were pretty extreme and varied. In my opinion, I think he affiliated himself too much with the tin-foil hat crowd to be taken seriously as a viable candidate.

He was just as likely to wreck the nation even further as he was to save it.

I wonder why people were drawn to Palin. She didn't make any sense when she spoke which is clearly why the McCain camp was restricting her press involvement. They clearly chose her to gain the republican women's vote - a move that backfired and lead to more negative press than positive.

Ron Pauls problem is that we're stuck with an antiquated two party system that lets corporate money determine who we get to vote for.

Could there be a bigger sham then the Electoral College ? Ya that was a great idea 200 years ago when we had horse and buggy as "the internet" and it took weeks or months to collect and count all the votes... but nowadays we do not need an Electoral College and they need to get rid of that crap and let the votes of the people count.

I still think Palin was the token woman so the Republicans can say for the next 30 years that they nominated a woman to be VP, and they knew there was no way she could be a viable front runner in the next election... my money says another Bush runs for the Republicans next go around.

I love Hillary and think she would have been a good President but I voted for Obama in the primary cause I don't want to see the US become a monarchy ... Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton/etc ... they need to end that crap.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Oh I just remember, those election adverts were enough to turn away intelligent voters.

I hope the UK doesn't go through that during election time.

DeletedUser

Definitely, they were known for that, but usually with Canadian politicians which I admittedly do not follow.

I just lose all respect for people so gullable, especially when it comes to the potential Vice President of the United States! If Palin were just an average citizen I wouldn't pay no mind but for someone who is looking to lead my country, I expect them to be a bit more... informed?

A link to the prank call for those who have no heard it. :)

OM*G This is unbelievable ... how could she be such a dolt and get nominated for VP ?

DeletedUser

Ron Pauls problem is that we're stuck with an antiquated two party system that lets corporate money determine who we get to vote for.

Among other things, yes, that definitely is an issue. I wouldn't say that this is what eventually led to his demise, I wouldn't even lend it so much credit as to say it was a small portion of the reason he dropped out of the race.

Could there be a bigger sham then the Electoral College ? Ya that was a great idea 200 years ago when we had horse and buggy as "the internet" and it took weeks or months to collect and count all the votes... but nowadays we do not need an Electoral College and they need to get rid of that crap and let the votes of the people count.

The electoral college isn't made for presidental elections specifically but more for other issues. Each state would need equal representation in this particular case because otherwise the seperation of state and federal jurisdiction would almost be non-existent. It would allow for two completely opposing morals to be imposed on one another, just because one state has a bigger population.

I do agree in a way that this isn't completely relevent to today's time.

my money says another Bush runs for the Republicans next go around.

Jedd, maybe? Nah, I don't think so. Dubya did a pretty good job of ruining the Bush reputation, I highly doubt America would allow another one in office.

OM*G This is unbelievable ... how could she be such a dolt and get nominated for VP ?

Exactly. Now you understand why I question the mentality of Palin supporters.