Does anyone else regret voting for Barack Obama yet?

DeletedUser

I still believe I cast my vote to the lesser of two-evils, but I pray that Obamania ends soon, as it should, especially in light of recent events.

Bloomberg said:
March 29 (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Corp. Chief Executive Officer Rick Wagoner will step down after more than eight years running the largest U.S. automaker, people familiar with the situation said.

Wagoner had said March 19 that he didn’t plan to resign. His departure comes as President Barack Obama prepares an address tomorrow morning on his plans for the future of GM and Chrysler LLC. GM is surviving on $13.4 billion in U.S. loans and is asking for as much as $16.6 billion in additional aid to survive. Wagoner was asked to step down as part of the company’s restructuring, the official said.

“It’s very hard for the government to write a big check without giving some evidence of change,” Casesa said. “This will also give the government moral authority with the other stakeholders to make them sacrifice.”

I think it's really funny how Obama is giving such a hard time to the automakers and practically just giving handout's to the banks. Sure, he appears to be giving them a hard time in front of the press, issuing "harsh" press statements, but what has he really done to press them?

He says there's very little he can do in - his hands are tied when it comes to the banks, but yet he's molding the car company like silly puddy?

I don't doubt for a second that his hands are tied and that this is a very fragile situation, but at least to not give off the notion that there may be favoritism toward the bank CEO's, why not treat everyone equally across the boards?

This looks bad from the outside looking in. This is the classic story of the parents showing their strict-discipline by punishing the less attractive children of theirs with an iron fist, yet allowing their precious first born to continue driving the Corvette, despite the numerous DUI's and speeding tickets.

I hope that voter's become disillusioned amidst all this nonsense. Hopefully they WILL realize that government needs to be approached on the lowers levels, that we need to vote in not just the presidential elections, but every election in between. We need to educate ourselves and know exactly what our senators and congressmen stand for.

Just because Obama was elected DOES NOT mean that it's time to take the back seat and leave this tank on cruise control. Au contraire. We need to hold the government accountable for its decisions and we need to make them answer honestly.

This generation needs to realize that we DO control the government, not the other way around.

DeletedUser

Then why bother posting in this thread at all?

Thanks for contributing nothing and being useless, shouldn't there be some rules against meaningless posts?

DeletedUser

Then why bother posting in this thread at all?

Thanks for contributing nothing and being useless, shouldn't there be some rules against meaningless posts?

you asked if I regreted voting for Obama?

I responded with: I did not vote for him. so I could not regret it becase I did not vote for him

DeletedUser

Are you being serious right now and I should be more sympathetic to your condition, or are you blatantly trolling my thread?

I clearly read what you posted, what I'm saying is that you have no place in this discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Are you being serious right now and I should be more sympathetic to your condition, or are you blatantly trolling my thread?

I clearly read what you posted, what I'm saying is that you have no place in this discussion.

im serious

DeletedUser

im serious

Great.

Now I know to ignore all of your future posts and disregard everything you say. You now have as much credibility as that one weird kid who keeps chiming in on our conversations and doesn't make any sense can you please take him away isn't he in that one class honey don't stare it's not nice.

If you post something on a public forum, anyone has a right to post there. I thought a post saying he didn't vote for Obama was more on topic than the 1/2 dozen posts saying not to post here.

I'm not saying that he doesn't have a right to post here. I'm merely pointing out the fact that it doesn't make sense for him to post here because he isn't contributing anything to the discussion. It's kind of like that one kid who interrupts your microbiology discussion with "Hrhrhr, that one is shaped like pacman." I'm not taking away his inalienable rights, I'm merely pointing out that it just doesn't make sense for him to hang out here, that's all.

DeletedUser

^ for your info. Gizmo is a respected member and have posted many Meaningful things than you and do not argue with me as i have been the best spammer here

DeletedUser

like AG said it is a public fourm anything you post can get any answer. and it
was more on topic than the 1/2 dozen posts saying not to post here.

DeletedUser

^ for your info. Gizmo is a respected member and have posted many Meaningful things than you and do not argue with me as i have been the best spammer here

if I could add rep to you I would (good rep)

DeletedUser

For someone who just joined today, I'd try being a little more respectful of someone who has been here for quite a while. Gizmo didn't do anything wrong. And yes, there are.

DeletedUser

Of course there are adults here. You havent been here long enough to even learn anything about anyone . You seem to ready to attack anyone who post on here who doesnt agree with you. Its a shame your bringing so much negativity.

DeletedUser

Divest is the most suffering Stranger ever come to this forum and still he even do not met with
1.Denisero
2.Luap Nor
3.Elmyr
4.John Rose

DeletedUser

I think it's pretty funny that I'm sitting here begging for an actual intelligent discussion and all I'm getting is but we allow our members to act like this even if it butchers any possbility of an intelligent discussion, so what!

Member #1: What do you think of [insert subject]?
Member #2: i duno lololol
Member #1: Well then I would appreciate it if you didn't spam my thread.
Member #3: DONT TALK TO MY KID LIKE THAT!!!

DeletedUser

^see Patrocism,Peter pan vs Jesus, Church of onion,aliens,Can we justify war and Evolution vs Destruction

DeletedUser

I think it's pretty funny that I'm sitting here begging for an actual intelligent discussion and all I'm getting is but we allow our members to act like this even if it butchers any possbility of an intelligent discussion, so what!

you have a lot to learn

You do not come to off topic for intelligent discussions

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
He's not trying to create hype he's doing what was asked for, people with nothing better to do are creating the "Omgz" hype.

Maybe he would have been better off quiet and controlling, but the sheepel seem to want it before ways.