Votes: 132 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

assuming you mean to the treasury? well it would be better for the town but each player would want to buy there own items and not have a percentage cut out and tax.

To whom/what was this directed? Please quote so that your comments make sense.

assuming you mean your own bank account, !!! great :D would kep me up with my banking as i often am carrying hundreds about while i forget to sleep in my town or go back to towns.

I'll address what I think might be your question; if not, oh well. This is some stuff that needed to be posted in this thread anyway. :)

The exact mechanics would need to be thought about carefully. IMO it should proceed like this:

1. You pull up your town interface, then the bank interface.
2. You enter amounts in either/both of the blanks (your own account and the town treasury) but you don't click either of the "Deposit" buttons yet.
3. You click a new button labeled "Schedule Deposit" (or something).
4. A new job appears in your job queue, called "Bank Deposit" (or something). It includes the time it will take for you to walk/ride from the prior location to your town, just like praying or sleeping in the hotel does when you schedule one of those into your queue.
5. When that job occurs, you (automatically) walk to town and attempt to deposit the money. The depositing is handled in this order:
5a. The money is deposited into your account as you ordered, up to the capacity of your account. If you no longer have sufficient funds in pocket to deposit the amount you ordered into your account, then it will simply deposit what you do have, and that's the end of the job. If your account can no longer hold as much as you ordered deposited, then the amount deposited into your account is reduced accordingly and the surplus remains in your pocket.
5b. If any money remains in your pocket, it is deposited into the town treasury up to the amount you ordered deposited into it. Any surplus still remaining stays in your pocket.​

I think that should cover all possibilities with no unacceptable side effects. If someone duels you or you otherwise lose money between scheduling the job and the job occurring, the shortfall is taken from the town treasury deposit rather than from the deposit to your account. This is simply because working with your account is a 2-way street, while depositing into the town treasury is 1-way only. So you can always add more from your account into the treasury later, but not vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't think you need two buttons as if you're at your town it just deposits like it does now, if you're not at your town it schedules the deposit.

I'm not sure if you mentioned this, I didn't get all of your post, but oh well. I think as well as scheduling bank/treasury deposits, you should be able to enter values in both bank and treasury deposit boxes, and have it as one task. If it was two it would take up all the slots and be even worse than it is now.

Another thing. If I have $750 and I type in deposit $1000, it comes up with 'Not enough cash available to make the deposit' It would be a lot better if it just deposited $750, ignoring the extra $250 I typed. Same if there wasn't enough room in the bank.

DeletedUser

,,Good idea'' any worker or adventurer wold say if he sees this idea... But the duelers are not going to make any money so im counter :p

DeletedUser

I don't think you need two buttons as if you're at your town it just deposits like it does now, if you're not at your town it schedules the deposit.

That would be fine. Either way would work.

I'm not sure if you mentioned this, I didn't get all of your post, but oh well.
Yes, I covered that. Next time read what you're replying to before replying. :mad:

Another thing. If I have $750 and I type in deposit $1000, it comes up with 'Not enough cash available to make the deposit' It would be a lot better if it just deposited $750, ignoring the extra $250 I typed. Same if there wasn't enough room in the bank.

That's a separate issue, but I agree. It wouldn't take much coding to handle that.

,,Good idea'' any worker or adventurer wold say if he sees this idea... But the duelers are not going to make any money so im counter :p

Already addressed in this thread. John Rose, for one, is in favor of this idea, and he's as protective of the dueling class as anyone is. Still, thanks for your opinion. :)

Diggo11

Yes about the duelling thing it when you look at it under the microscope you see it doesn't affect them at all. Go back and read my posts earlier from this thread.

DeletedUser5046

im just gonna ask if you click on te bank and say queue it...do you have to put how much you will deposit? or you just have to go to te bank first then decide how much you like to deposit?

DeletedUser

im just gonna ask if you click on te bank and say queue it...do you have to put how much you will deposit? or you just have to go to te bank first then decide how much you like to deposit?

That would kind of defeat the purpose. The amount would have to be part of the queued action, just like when you sleep you automatically walk to the town first.

DeletedUser5046

That would kind of defeat the purpose. The amount would have to be part of the queued action, just like when you sleep you automatically walk to the town first.

so what if you lost in a duel while travelling? you cant be invisible when you have to deposit on your bank right?

DeletedUser

so what if you lost in a duel while travelling? you cant be invisible when you have to deposit on your bank right?

And if you were walking to town to sleep you wouldn't be protected as though you were already sleeping. Either the deposit would be canceled, or as someone else suggested in this same thread, automatically adjust the deposit so you only deposit what you can.

DeletedUser5046

And if you were walking to town to sleep you wouldn't be protected as though you were already sleeping. Either the deposit would be canceled, or as someone else suggested in this same thread, automatically adjust the deposit so you only deposit what you can.

and for instance you have $0 on your hand after te duel..it automatically stop te queued bank transaction? it should also have a report if ever.

DeletedUser

and for instance you have $0 on your hand after te duel..it automatically stop te queued bank transaction? it should also have a report if ever.

Ask Luap! :p

Assuming it wasn't canceled, you would be in town and deposit $0, but if you had $0 after the duel, wouldn't that mean you only had $1 to deposit in the first place?

Diggo11

Yes lets say Player A is walking. He then gets duelled by Player B.

Situation One
Player A loses, but his queued bank deposit continues. If he was planning to deposit $99 but lost $33 in the due,l he shall deposit $66 and be on his way.

Situation Two
Player A wins and his queued bank deposit continues. When he arrives he deposits the original amount planned. The amount of cash we won during the duel remains on his person. Note: This wouldn't be the case if there was a "Deposit All" button, that would mean his cash plus duel earnings would be deposited.

Situation Three
Player A is KOed. He still must walk to the Bank but no money is deposited, unless the user manually cancels.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Yes lets say Player A is walking. He then gets duelled by Player B.

Situation One
Player A loses, but his queued bank deposit continues. If he was planning to deposit $99 but lost $33 in the due,l he shall deposit $66 and be on his way.

Situation Two
Player A wins and his queued bank deposit continues. When he arrives he deposits the original amount planned. The amount of cash we won during the duel remains on his person. Note: This wouldn't be the case if there was a "Deposit All" button, that would mean his cash plus duel earnings would be deposited.

Situation Three
Player A is KOed. He still must walk to the Bank but no money is deposited, unless the user manually cancels.

Quite.

This is all common-sense stuff IMO; the devs can sort out these minor details easily. Still, no harm in laying it all out step by step so everyone understands the idea.

ETA: well, you added #3 after I'd read your message but before I hit the reply button, and I just now noticed it. LOL. So, I'd say in the case of a KO that the walking is taken care of, isn't it? Don't you wake up in your town's hotel after a KO?

DeletedUser5046

Ask Luap! :p

i remember he told on te other thread tat he put me on te ignore list..tat's why i have to ask sumone else here (if ever my question isnt ignored:()

add :

about te 3rd situation..i think it should go as te regular thing tat happen when you are KOed..

DeletedUser

I like this whole idea!! I also think it may make more players choose to buy premium for the jobs automation!!

DeletedUser5046

I also think it may make more players choose to buy premium for the jobs automation!!

no way i will buy premium:( if they will make te bank deposit proposal another queued job..i think it should be as te third for NPs and fifth for Premium users.

its not even a job..(obligation maybe)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like this whole idea!! I also think it may make more players choose to buy premium for the jobs automation!!

That's the only premium I wish I had. :eek: I don't care about competing with the other players, but to be able to schedule more jobs ahead of time would allow real life benefits.

Diggo11

ETA: well, you added #3 after I'd read your message but before I hit the reply button, and I just now noticed it. LOL. So, I'd say in the case of a KO that the walking is taken care of, isn't it? Don't you wake up in your town's hotel after a KO?
I have no idea as I've never been KOed. Have came very close though (one hp)...

DeletedUser

If all else fails, RTFM:

If you lose all of your health points, you pass out. You wake up in your home town. If you get knocked out you lose all your cash. If you pass out working on a job, you do not receive any money, items or experience for your work.

So there you go. No walking, since you're already there as soon as you wake up. I'm not sure what, if any, effect all of that has on the job queue, though. Anybody know?

Status
Not open for further replies.