Should we be allowed to change clothes while sleeping

Should we be allowed to change gear while sleeping?

• Yes, leave it as it is.

Votes: 184 83.6%
  • No, I can work around the change.

Votes: 36 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Morthy recently posted an announcement regarding version 1.22 that included the following:

• New items and item set: 'sleepyhead'
    • Not available in town shops

One of the side effects is that you can no longer change gear while sleeping. If you want to read the discussion in the Beta forums, it's here: changing clothes while sleeping. It's also been discussed in our forums here: You can no longer change clothes while sleeping.

It's not a major change like some of the other recent changes that we've fought against, but it still has an impact on gameplay. My original impression was that it would affect people with premium automation more, but they can more easily schedule jobs with sleep in the middle. It will probably have a bigger impact on those without premium automation, as you're more likely to be sleeping before queuing another job without having as many slots to work with.

DeletedUser

Sorry for disagreeing with you this time. :sad: I voted before I realized that it wasn't just changing to and from sleeping clothes that would be affected.

DeletedUser

Sorry for disagreeing with you this time. :sad: I voted before I realized that it wasn't just changing to and from sleeping clothes that would be affected.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that in the first post as well.

DeletedUser

I don't know why you guys must question every damn decision of the devs. Com'on, anthraxx has already stated this is a solution for a technical problem. They don't choose to do this, they must in order to improve the game. The sleeping set is only one small part of the problem this change will solve.

Stop making 14 polls a day, let the game take its course. Learn to trust the people whose game you've been playing for over a year now.

DeletedUser

locdog said:
Learn to trust the people whose game you've been playing for over a year now.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? That's the paradox. Game developers make games for gamers. They also rely on feedback from gamers to know what is good versus what is bad for gameplay.

Bad gameplay over time, results in a lower player base from higher frustration.

Good community feedback is a necessity in maintaining a good quality game. And this game is not old enough, or mature enough to go the route of saying that it does not need, warrant or appreciate feedback from its community.

Com'on, anthraxx has already stated this is a solution for a technical problem. They don't choose to do this, they must in order to improve the game.

In medieval times, horses could charge a battle line and cause massive destruction. Eventually, Soldiers learned to make a space in the line, and the horses would naturally steer towards the opening, and footsoldiers would have easier and safer shots at the rider.

Developers are much like the horses, and we gamers are the riders. The devs will go and take the path of least resistance-even if that path is one that is not good for its rider.

If that was not the case, business and process analysts would be out of work quick.

DeletedUser14006

No, I can work around the change.

This will not affect me as I always plan my in-game sleeping around when I sleep, when I awake it has been planned so that my character is just approaching its maximum energy total and is ready to be used and abused throughout the day, at the moment I have it down to a fine art, work for 18 hours, sleep for 6, bob's your aunty ;)

DeletedUser

Com'on, anthraxx has already stated this is a solution for a technical problem.

A technical problem that they created by adding this set.

Stop making 14 polls a day, let the game take its course.

I've made a total of two polls regarding changes to game mechanics and Denisero made one other. There's a difference between hyperbole and completely misrepresenting the facts.

DeletedUser

Developers are much like the horses, and we gamers are the riders. The devs will go and take the path of least resistance-even if that path is one that is not good for its rider.

If that was not the case, business and process analysts would be out of work quick.

This is where you miss out on an important part. The resources for developing this game are limited, so building an effective priority queue is vital.
We've been waiting for fort traders and custom fort maps for 3-4 months so any changes that make the system more suitable for a faster development of new features will be welcomed by me.

elmyr said:
A technical problem that they created by adding this set.

Read the beta forum again, this change will solve a lot of problems, the sleeping set being just one of them
anthraxx said:
yep there is a sleeping set available now and its on (beside lot other) reasons that we've introduced this behavior.
anthraxx said:
Its about new things we introduced. we dont need to explain internal technical parts, it was and is needed and we have now to arrange.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have no problem with not being able to change from sleeping clothes to work clothes while sleeping because I wouldn't need to use sleeping clothes if I was going to be gone for 12+ hours. I can see people being upset about not being able to queue sleep and then jobs to do after waking up - whether using sleeping clothes or not.

It really won't affect my game play anyway since I almost never queue work unless I'm going to be around to check on things off and on, but I know most people don't play that way (whether by choice or out of necessity).

DeletedUser

No, I didn't miss out on that part locdog. The fact that this game is limited on its resources toward development means they lack in most cases what would be considered critical parts of development for a product that was being produced to sell.

Products where they want to root out the problems and conflicts in design during its vapor and alpha stages, test core and bugs in beta. In most cases, I doubt this game goes through that type of rigor. Most games being sold skimp as much as possible here because its the most costly aspect in development.

That makes the importance of community feedback all the more important since they lack the often pricey positions of Business Analysts, professional testers etc.

People that work on this game's development I would bet wear multiple hats at all times.

DeletedUser

I gotta say...

I am highly addicted to this game, play way more hours than I should, have a premium on all 6 worlds I play....

And I really, really don't care about this change.

makes no difference to me.

DeletedUser

This change is bloody awful and outright stupid.

QFT!

The Change is out of pure arrogance of the Devs, for some reason they are starting to let loose in the wind now and it's flying in our faces, First they screw with dueling, then defence, now this... I would be reinstating "Don't fix what isn't broken" but they are just far too pigheaded to get it.

DeletedUser

I don't understand the problem here. You have to be at your computer to change clothes, right? You can't schedule a change of clothes, right?

DeletedUser

I don't understand the problem here. You have to be at your computer to change clothes, right? You can't schedule a change of clothes, right?

If you queue jobs to do after sleeping, you usually have to change some clothes for different jobs. It'll really just affect people with premium. If you just queue one job after sleeping, you can dress for that one and not use the sleeping clothes.

DeletedUser

If you queue jobs to do after sleeping, you usually have to change some clothes for different jobs. It'll really just affect people with premium. If you just queue one job after sleeping, you can dress for that one and not use the sleeping clothes.
Sorry this doesn't explain the problem to me. You have to be physically awake to change clothes, right? So cancel sleep, change clothes, resleep and queue job. Where is the problem?

DeletedUser

If you're queuing sleep and 3 jobs after you wake up, you can't queue the first job, change clothes and queue the next unless you stop sleeping first. I don't use premium and normally just queue sleep twice and wake my guy up when I get back on, but it does make the Automation rather useless unless you plan to do the same job each time (or don't queue them until the sleep period is done, which isn't a great option for people who queue them at night and don't play until they get home from work/school the next day.)

Status
Not open for further replies.