Should we be allowed to change clothes while sleeping

Should we be allowed to change gear while sleeping?

• Yes, leave it as it is.

Votes: 184 83.6%
  • No, I can work around the change.

Votes: 36 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

If you're queuing sleep and 3 jobs after you wake up, you can't queue the first job, change clothes and queue the next unless you stop sleeping first. I don't use premium and normally just queue sleep twice and wake my guy up when I get back on, but it does make the Automation rather useless unless you plan to do the same job each time (or don't queue them until the sleep period is done, which isn't a great option for people who queue them at night and don't play until they get home from work/school the next day.)

Ummm, why not change clothes BEFORE queuing sleep and 3 jobs? Again, you have to be awake, IRL, to change clothes so you're at the computer anyway.

DeletedUser

Sorry Artemis, you lost me too. I thought I understood this and than got confused after your post.

All of today, I tried to make a note about how much I really change clothes while I sleep and currently, before this new sleep set has been added, I realized that I never will change clothes when I sleep. I always finish jobs until I cannot do anything more with my present energy level, than que up 8 or 6 hours of sleep depending on my location. Come back within 8 or 6 hours, stop sleep, change clothes, and do jobs until I must sleep again. I never have to change clothes ever while I am sleeping. And if I must, I am fine with waking up and changing them, than going back to bed.

I appreciate the devs efforts to keep us players happy, such as overturning the zero resistence dueling rule and meeting in the middle on damage cap, at 25%. I am really hoping that we can support the devs on certain issues and come to the realization that maybe they are the developers for a reason and see a broader scope than we do since they are on the inside. Certain things that we get up in arms about, such as this change, which, as Anthraxx said, is minor, need not be so highly attacked and players should not get so upset.

I agree completely with Marcothy when he says that the developers wear many hats. They must deal with our complaints while simultaneously try to strive to make the game better. They have a large amount of work to do, lets not make their day any more stressful, eh?

DeletedUser

Sorry this doesn't explain the problem to me. You have to be physically awake to change clothes, right? So cancel sleep, change clothes, resleep and queue job. Where is the problem?

Canceling sleep wastes time. Except for at the very beginning of a world before the hotel is maxed, you don't need more than 8 hours sleep.

DeletedUser

My choice of jobs might be lousy, but it should get my point across.

Say you want to sleep for 8 hours and then do drilling for oil, constructing a manor-house and evangelizing. Now you can queue sleep while dressed for the first job, queue the first job, change clothes and queue the second job, change clothes and queue the third job and then change into clothes that give more protection against duelers.

After the change, you can queue sleep while dressed for the first job and queue the first job, but you can't change clothes to queue the others unless you stop sleeping. If you stop sleeping to change clothes and queue the other jobs, you can't queue sleep again to be done before the jobs. Not everybody has the option to do it every 2-4 hours, some don't have access to a computer for 10+ hours a day (or time to queue anything before leaving in the morning.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My choice of jobs might be lousy, but it should get my point across.

Say you want to sleep for 8 hours and then do drilling for oil, constructing a manor-house and evangelizing. Now you can queue sleep while dressed for the first job, queue the first job, change clothes and queue the second job, change clothes and queue the third job and then change into clothes that give more protection against duelers.

After the change, you can queue sleep while dressed for the first job and queue the first job, but you can't change clothes to queue the others unless you stop sleeping. If you stop sleeping to change clothes and queue the other jobs, you can't queue sleep again to be done before the jobs. Not everybody has the option to do it every 2-4 hours, some don't have access to a computer for 10+ hours a day (or time to queue anything before leaving in the morning.)

Ok, now that makes some sense. Thanks for taking the time there Artemis.

DeletedUser

Honestly, if it had been explained before hand, I probably wouldn't mind so much, but things like "Oh BTW, you can't change gear while you're sleeping anymore, but don't worry, it's not a big deal! Trust us!" is getting old. I will be able to work around it most of the time, although sometimes the way the timing works, I will have to cancel sleep.

DeletedUser

Glad I could help. The change won't affect me at all, but I can understand why those who pay cash to have the ability to queue 4 jobs would be upset by it.

DeletedUser

Honestly, if it had been explained before hand, I probably wouldn't mind so much, but things like "Oh BTW, you can't change gear while you're sleeping anymore, but don't worry, it's not a big deal! Trust us!" is getting old. I will be able to work around it most of the time, although sometimes the way the timing works, I will have to cancel sleep sometimes.

The way I understand it, from that beta thread you posted, is that this was necessary for the sleep set to not be abused. Maybe, and how could I know anyway, the sleep set bonus will offset any problems folks would have with not changing clothes during sleep?

To me it seems like such a small thing. Change is inevitable. No since in wasting time on the little things imho. Meh.

DeletedUser

I really think people are blowing this up to be much bigger than it is ...

People will just have to change how they do things ... instead of doing

- high luck
- high exp
- high money jobs

They may have to do:

- Construction jobs
- Trading Jobs
- Leadership Jobs
- Hiding Jobs

Jobs which can be worked wearing the same clothes ... though there will stil be those changes clothes just to get 10 more LP even if they already have enough :dry:

DeletedUser

I usually change clothes while I'm asleep to travel gear and then queue up walking to a town. Then I change back to gear that I want to be wearing when I get there, whether for dueling or +hp gear for faster recovery or a bigger cushion in fort battles. Now my hp will be constantly limited to the lowest value I have with my travel gear.
The +hp gear and the indian set mix for traveling are now incompatable and they lose some value. The +hp gear loses the most value, since you won't ever reach anything higher than what you end up traveling with. Other people mention it devaluing the premium queue, and I can see that too. I'm not convinced that the gain from this set is worth the cost, especially if not everyone will be able to have it.

Change is inevitable. No since in wasting time on the little things imho. Meh.
I'd much rather keep my round wheels than upgrade them with square ones.
To me, the wasting time on little things is making an item set that breaks a game mechanic while forts still suck so much. If you don't have the talent or time to make it work right, then don't break it. It's a pain in the rear and I'd rather not have a sleep set bonus than have to put up with this.

DeletedUser1105

Learn to trust the people whose game you've been playing for over a year now.

If we followed your advice:

• Construction would now only use the Construction skill twice, not three times, making it much harder for builders.
  • Resistance duelers would only be able to reduce damage by 50%, not 75%.
  • Dueling Motivation would affect the money won from duels.
But because the people who play the game strongly disagreed with those changes, Innogames changed their mind. This could be yet another example.

I vote yes - let us change whilst sleeping.

DeletedUser

If you're queuing sleep and 3 jobs after you wake up, you can't queue the first job, change clothes and queue the next unless you stop sleeping first. I don't use premium and normally just queue sleep twice and wake my guy up when I get back on, but it does make the Automation rather useless unless you plan to do the same job each time (or don't queue them until the sleep period is done, which isn't a great option for people who queue them at night and don't play until they get home from work/school the next day.)
Just walk (a little) away from the place where you will sleep then queue sleep, and whatever you wish, changing your equipments as you always did.

The only problem now is to change clothes while sleeping, not while walking to sleep :D
(someone tested it to me on the beta server, yesterday)

Ew... sorry if it was already told here. It's 6:00AM and I need to sleep :unsure:When I wake up I come back here and read, decently, this topic.
I just hope everyone is aware about this detail :blink: (and, controversely, hope my post wasn't useless lol)

DeletedUser

If we followed your advice:

• Construction would now only use the Construction skill twice, not three times, making it much harder for builders.
  • Resistance duelers would only be able to reduce damage by 50%, not 75%.
  • Dueling Motivation would affect the money won from duels.
But because the people who play the game strongly disagreed with those changes, Innogames changed their mind. This could be yet another example.

I vote yes - let us change whilst sleeping.

You missed out the backpack limit from that list and I think there are a couple of smaller ones to but just can't remember them

Its almost like they are trying to discourage players from buying the automation premium.

DeletedUser

People will just have to change how they do things ... instead of doing
- high luck
- high exp
- high money jobs

They may have to do:
- Construction jobs
- Trading Jobs
- Leadership Jobs
- Hiding Jobs

Jobs which can be worked wearing the same clothes ... though there will stil be those changes clothes just to get 10 more LP even if they already have enough :dry:

Rotating between luck/money/exp jobs is the most economical way to maintain motivation and energy. If you have to stick to construction /trading/whatever jobs you will have to take lower returns for your time which is unacceptable.

I personally don`t want to change my clothes in the street when I have a perfectly good hotel to use, especially when there are frequent visitors to my town who wish to clobber me for my money. If you are a worker in a high risk area queing sleep between jobs is the safest way to keep what you earned so this change is a definite NO from me.

As regards adding an extra 10 lp it is sometimes necessary to get you from 1 lp to an acceptable rate which is why there are different stats for clothing/sets etc.

DeletedUser

I usually change clothes while I'm asleep to travel gear and then queue up walking to a town. Then I change back to gear that I want to be wearing when I get there, whether for dueling or +hp gear for faster recovery or a bigger cushion in fort battles. Now my hp will be constantly limited to the lowest value I have with my travel gear.
The +hp gear and the indian set mix for traveling are now incompatable and they lose some value. The +hp gear loses the most value, since you won't ever reach anything higher than what you end up traveling with. Other people mention it devaluing the premium queue, and I can see that too. I'm not convinced that the gain from this set is worth the cost, especially if not everyone will be able to have it.
I do exactly the same thing for fort battles, and there is no way I want to start a battle with only the HP I can get from my Horseback riding gear.

DeletedUser

Honestly I don't think that this is a big deal and most of the players that have disagree with the change said that they can work around this.

If there was nothing to gain from this I would be against this change, but for me is a small price to pay for having the possibility to regain health and energy faster.

However I share some of the concerns about the effects of this sleeping set in game play, namely its use in fort barracks - Less than 6 hours to recover your full energy + premium more energy and you almost don’t need to sleep.

DeletedUser

we all know that we cant change cloths when we sleep, unless u are sleep walking

DeletedUser

What's your point? The moccasins I'm wearing ATM don't do anything to improve my stamina either. Realism has nothing to do with it.

DeletedUser6752

Why changing clothes in my sleep is good for me
by Disappoint

Reason 1:
There's a gunfighter in town, and I'm busy hunting grizzly bears armed with my trusty bugle. Hmm, I say to myself - this bugle didn't do much damage the last 7 times this gunfighter was in town and dueled me - I think I'll hurry back to town and get changed into some more protective duds.
So I hustle back to town pronto, because on top of all this I forgot to deposit the money from my last job, and I need it to buy those Pilgrim shoes I had my eye on in the corner store the other day.
Getting back to town is my number one priority, because this guy is gonna beat me no matter what, and it will be cold comfort if I lose a chunk of this money while dressed for dueling, as opposed to being dressed for dying.
I get back to town and BAM - right to sleep first thing. Then I deposit the money, and then I change into dueling gear.
Now I can decide whether or not I want to go do another job the way I'm dressed now - which will give me not very much in the way of skill points - but at least if I get dueled I'll lose less in the way of health over the way I was dressed before. Or, I can stay in the hotel for a while and see if the gunslinger goes away in a reasonable amount of time.
Either way, I didn't have to stand out in the middle of the street, changing my clothes while fumbling around with my fat wallet while the gunfighter sized me up for a couple of nice, juicy headshots.

Reason 2:
I too have a rhythm with which I play this game, as others have previously stated. I use premium, for one thing. I'm unemployed, so I have sadly way too much time to play the game. I'd rather I didn't, in favor of a stinkin' job (anybody need an expert beaver hunter?)
But as it stands, I queue things up like this:

Pray....Job....Sleep....Pray (repeat)

After the current job is done, I may or may not change clothes on my way back to the hotel. When sleep begins, I deposit my pay from the last job and change clothes and queue the next job, followed by sleep and then praying.
When I'm all set, I cancel the current sleep and start praying automatically. (I'd maybe do all this while praying, but I've become obsessed with the idea that praying doesn't do any good unless you start praying only after the next job is queued up.)
This is my rhythm, and I don't want it to change. There are times when I've stirred up a hornet's nest in a nearby town and don't want to do anything unless I'm safely asleep. But mostly, I do things this way becuase I can get into a rhythm, and change from one job to the next pretty quickly.

And to be honest, when you're staying in a hotel, just where do you change your clothes? In your room, where you sleep? Where you're safe from prying eyes and nosy ne'er-do-wells?
And for the life of me I can't remember one single western where a duel takes place in a hotel room - whether the occupant be awake or asleep.

For what it's worth, I do not like this idea. In case you couldn't tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.