Should we be allowed to change clothes while sleeping

Should we be allowed to change gear while sleeping?

• Yes, leave it as it is.

Votes: 184 83.6%
  • No, I can work around the change.

Votes: 36 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Why changing clothes in my sleep is good for me
by Disappoint

Reason 1:
(...)
Either way, I didn't have to stand out in the middle of the street, changing my clothes while fumbling around with my fat wallet while the gunfighter sized me up for a couple of nice, juicy headshots.
K... So you were despaired with the situation and just could think about the clothes/jobs after being sleeping in the hotel?
So you just couldn't wait 10 minutes, then walk to a random job (close to your town), and walk back while you do whatever you are used to do? ...
Unless you take more than 10 minutes outside the hotel, you are safe. :|

For what it's worth, I do not like this idea. In case you couldn't tell.
What idea?
The poll question or you are talking about the change on 1.22?

DeletedUser

Sorry about double posting, but...

In my opinion, the real problem is minimal, but it can be fixed.

At least have options in the hotel then, give us a drop menu of how long we want to sleep. It can even be in 2 hours shifts (sleep 2hrs, 4hrs, 6hrs or 8hrs) but give us OPTIONS.
That would solve the only problem I see with this update.

This could even be a new way to improve Innogames profits.
Non-premiums could have two options (4 or 8 hours/3 or 6 hours) and premium players 2 hours shifts, as suggested by Valencia.

Instead complaining about the change, complain about not being able to have such options in the hotel/barracks :laugh:
I don't see a reason for not implementing this idea :)

That's a bit off-topic, but: go and change your complaints! :mad:
lol :D

edit:
by premium i mean who has automation :huh: I'm not suggesting another premium option :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6752

K... So you were despaired with the situation and just could think about the clothes/jobs after being sleeping in the hotel?
So you just couldn't wait 10 minutes, then walk to a random job (close to your town), and walk back while you do whatever you are used to do? ...
Unless you take more than 10 minutes outside the hotel, you are safe.

10 minutes from when? Do you have some mystical way of knowing when someone initiates a duel against you? Or do you just sit there constantly refreshing the screen to see if anybody new shows up in town?
All I know is that there is a dueler in town. I don't know when he got there, and I don't know if he has initiated a duel against me or not. All I know is that I haven't been dueled yet, and I need to get back to town if at all possible, before I do get dueled.

DeletedUser

^
myself said:
So you just couldn't wait 10 minutes
in the hotel... :p

There is no possible way to someone attack you if you stay for 10 minutes in the hotel, just for the sake of your security. :)
By doing that, you have 10 more safe minutes to prepare yourself for sleeping/other jobs/duels.

edit (correction):
Sorry... there are ways to do that, but that's really unlikely to happen o_O So you could add more 10 minutes for non-premium users and 30 minutes for premium users...
Sorry... I was wrong...

But still you could risk 1 minute or 2 outside the hotel, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As to the original question, "Should we be allowed to change clothes while sleeping"...I really don't see why not.

But, let's say that they want to add new items into the game (night dress) that would increase the benefits of sleeping. And, let's say that the cost-benefit of changing things such that you could both change clothing while sleeping and impliment these new items was too high. Let's say that a choice had to be made to either do one, or the other.

In that case, I say that we should bring in the new items...

/shrug

DeletedUser

I don't think it has to change...because if we want to do a quest duel when we're sleeping,it won't be possible...

DeletedUser

Ummm, guys, you already have to cancel sleep in order to duel an NPC for a quest....

Back on topic, I really don't want to have to cancel sleep to change clothing, I enjoy being able to mess around with my equipment and job queue while in the hotel and safe from attack.
Hopefully if/when the devs do see this poll, they will at least provide a better explanation of why it is necessary, and why they consider it such a small change.

DeletedUser

I really don't understand the question....Maybe because I never change my clothes.

DeletedUser12669

i think the devs should wake up and listen to those who play the game its getting to the stage where people are getting sick of these silly updates if it aint broken dont fix it they should be working on bug and errors :mad:

DeletedUser

This will only make the game more complicated, and without giving any positive effects. I would guess that most players do change clothes and gear quite often while sleeping, as they change their minds about what job to do, and at the same time couldn't care less about the new nightdress set (there are so many other features that should come before something like this).

And from a realism point of view it doesn't make since either. Tell me of a place better suited to change clothes, than in the privacy of my bedroom?

Drop this bad idea, it will not bring any positive effects while making it more complicate to play. Let us change our gear whenever we like.

DeletedUser

I keep hearing about the new nightdress set ,just how are these clothes going to be introduced into the game ?,if it is anything like the last time new clothes where brought in then even more chaos and nerfing of the game.

We never did get an answer last time why random clothes where not just added existing shops.

DeletedUser10480

If this is a must have change because of a technical problem then there's not much to say about it.

If they can somehow fix it they should.

I don't see how losing the ability to switch your thongs around while your sleeping in the hotel is a gameplay enhancement.

DeletedUser6752

Well, since the only reason I use the Automation option revolves mainly around sleep - then this update will save me money. I use Premium, but now I don't have to buy as much premium any more, because I won't be bothering with Automation, since for me it is now useless.

Thanks, InnoGames, for saving me money! :D

DeletedUser

This would be a big problem for me. Anthraxx claims that being an active player would mean it's no big deal, but in my case he's absolutely wrong. I am quite active, but not online all day, just whenever I happen to get the chance. I queue jobs, then queue sleep when I am low energy. Often when I check in my character is sleeping and if the motivation from the last job I did is too low I change clothes and queue another job. If I've been sleeping for 4 hours, then my energy will be around 50%. Should I just forget the next 50, go straight to work, then have to travel all the way back to my hotel the next time I log on? Or should I just requeue more sleep in between and waste 4 hours? I've worked some numbers for myself and on average this would probably cost me 2-4 hours of work every day. If the intention is that you cannot change in and out of the sleepy set while sleeping, then OK, that is a specific set tied to sleeping to give bonuses, but they've said that you cannot change clothes at all, whether you even have the sleepy set in your bag or not. Anthraxx claims that the bonus of the set is worth it, but hasn't told us where we'll get the set. Not everyone will have the bonus, but everyone will lose the ability to change clothes while sleeping. Since it is a set of many items, my guess is that most players will never get full advantage of it, but all players will no longer have an option they once had. Some have said that they don't use that option now, so no big deal. Many of us do use it regularly and it is a big deal. Anthraxx tries to tell us that it won't be a problem, then doesn't like it when others tell him why it would be a problem. He hasn't told us why it's necessary, just "it's technical". He seems to get offended that anyone would disagree, and thanks profusely anyone that tows the line. If he wants us to get on board, then show us some details why this is needed. If it's too technical for me then so what, others will understand it, but at least tell us why.

Status
Not open for further replies.